PDA

View Full Version : 3-D Rest

NUARCHER
12-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Ok I am wondering what rest everyone is using for 3-D,I have never shot 3-D but my bow will be used for both 3-D and hunting I like the QAD. My old bow had a Whisker Biscuit which I liked but not very good for 3-D. I am thinking either the QAD or the Rip Cord any help.

jschulz
12-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Both are good rests, but I have 2 hunting buddies that use them both, and they have both had some fletching contact problems. Probably depends on the set up though. I use a G5 Expert II on my GT 500 and I love it. I use it for hunting & 3D.

Archery-Addiction
12-04-2008, 08:57 AM
The qad rest are good, I would stay away from the ripcord. I tend to like the limbdriver for 3d, it is hands down the most accurate drop away right now.

Maybee-R
12-04-2008, 09:11 AM
The qad rest are good, I would stay away from the ripcord. I tend to like the limbdriver for 3d, it is hands down the most accurate drop away right now.
I agree. LD for 3/d I even cut down the launcher you wont need all the extra length of the ears.

kydirtbag
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm hoping that the Limb Driver turns out to be the stuff! I just ordered one from Rattler. I don't know much about the QAD except that you need the Pro. More adjustments and stuff like that. I like the Ripcord for the most part, easy to set up. I just want to see what the fuss is about with the Ripcord.

Arky1cam
12-04-2008, 10:22 AM
G5/DMI expert II is my choice for an all around rest !

I like the LD to, just not as much for hunting

my 2 cents

harleyryder
12-04-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm hoping that the Limb Driver turns out to be the stuff! I just ordered one from Rattler. I don't know much about the QAD except that you need the Pro. More adjustments and stuff like that. I like the Ripcord for the most part, easy to set up. I just want to see what the fuss is about with the Ripcord.
LOL the fuss about Ripcord... used them for several years now, only time it failed on me is when I( as in me) didn't set the cord right(timing)Difficulty in setting up ?? lets see,you bolt it on(one lousy bolt,takes forever)follow the simple instruction to adjust the cord.cock the arm up,set you nocking point.move it sideways til it's set, do a walkback tuning thing,look back and think ,,,,,,,,,,,,,DANG ! that was easy. Why aren't the others that easy(as in setting you nocking point ??)Yes I am a fan of Ripcord,I've tried the others:luck:

shootstraight
12-04-2008, 11:33 AM
When I was getting into 3D and starting going to the pro/ams I tooked at what the pros were shooting. A large percentage of them are using blade type rest (trophy taker spring steels) and that's what I did. They are bullet proof and won't break down and the most consistent you can get.

lewie62
12-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Limbdrivers are the stuff! IMO Best rest I'ved ever used!

finchaser4ever
12-04-2008, 06:09 PM
trophy taker spring steel. not much to go wrong with this one. remember murphys law, happens at every shoot to someone.

finchaser4ever
12-04-2008, 06:11 PM
second pick if you are looking for a dual purpose rest is the G5 expert II super quiet and tough.