PDA

View Full Version : New Magnus Bullhead!

thehairlessone!
12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Thought you guys might like to see these. They are killer. I saw a prototype today. They are 100 times better than anything like it on the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dNTrp66DzU

rick

p17
12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Did he shoot that first one in the body or the head?

thehairlessone!
12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
I think they were both head shots as far as I can tell.

They are designed for head and neck shots

rick

willthebad
12-31-2007, 03:08 AM
yeah they look more beefed up than the guillotine

thehairlessone!
12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
It is a much better design than the guillotine. Seriously. I saw a prototype in person and it beat the GG all to heck.

rick

TEXAS 10PT
12-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Is that you Rutjunkie?????:D:p

TEXAS

SpeedBump
01-01-2008, 02:54 AM
You guys know what kinda shaft/vane combo Magnus is using for these.

Just wondering. On my Gobbler Guillotine I've been using like a 32" carbon shaft with 5" feathers it they seem pretty good to about 25 to 30 yards.

Thanks.

SB

thehairlessone!
01-01-2008, 08:59 AM
speedbump,
I am not sure about that. Your arrows are definately going to have to be longer than usual. Now sure on the fletching.

I do know the package is going to come with tuning tips,etc. on the back though.

RIck

SpeedBump
01-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for your help. I'm lookinf forward to trying 'em out.

SB

thehairlessone!
01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
No problem at all. I did read somewhere else that they used a 5" fletch and 4" fletch and had no problems at all but obviously you are going to have to have your bow tuned to shoot any broadhead that big.

I dont know if something like a blazer would work or not but it is probly going to take a little experimentation. I already have some longer arrows with a 4" helical set aside and those should work just fine once I get it all setup.

rick

Rattler
01-01-2008, 10:34 PM
what is the price tag on these? I have some 4" GG

Jerry/NJ
01-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I think I'll just keep using regular ol' bh's that I use for deer, as I have been very successful that way. I don't like those wings sticking out, be my luck I'd shoot the strap on my blind and cut it in half.....LOL :D

thehairlessone!
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
I think I'll just keep using regular ol' bh's that I use for deer, as I have been very successful that way. I don't like those wings sticking out, be my luck I'd shoot the strap on my blind and cut it in half.....LOL :D

I'm sure someone will do that Jerry! lol!

I dont know for sure but i think they are going to run around $40 a pack of three.

rick

Red Boar
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I like the looks of them...primarily because they are for either head or body shots. ;)

SpeedBump
01-03-2008, 02:56 AM

Ever tried any of the Rocket Hammerheads? Just wondering. I bought a pack of 'em last year and never got the chance to use them yet. Suppose to be a good head for turkey from what I've heard.

SB

cclingma
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
A friend of mine and I did have good luck last year with Hammerheads. Curious if anyone has had the opportunity to launch any of these Bullheads yet. Very interesting being able to shoot head/neck or body with the 100g but I'm not willing to shoot a special arrow.

eliteshooter
02-10-2008, 12:50 PM
anybody know how these fly with blazers? Looks to me like you might need longer fletchings for these. let me know if anyone has shot these with blazers,and how they flew.

thehairlessone!
02-16-2008, 07:53 AM
I just grabbed an arrow and shot my bullheads the other day. Perfect shot at 15 yds. with a 4" feather with helical. Once I get all sighted in they are going to be awesome.

I will be packing some bullheads and snuffer ss so I can take any shot I want

rick

7 DIRECTIONS
02-18-2008, 04:20 AM
I have used the Hammerheads, and it is what I will have in my quiver this spring. I do not use mech. heads on deer, but with these birds I like the big cutting dia. and they usually do not pass-thru. As to the head and neck shot broadheads I have heard the manufacturers recommend using a roll of insulation to sight in. I haven't seen this in action, but have seen the Gullitine rip off a head at 11 yds - these Magnus seem to be more stout:muscleman: