PDA

View Full Version : can someone simplify

gotaluvthospens
01-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Can anyone simplify this whole situation for me?

Elite Outdoors.... bought Elite Archery.... Is Elite Outdoors a new company or an old company that ironically has almost the same name????

G5 owns Elite Outdoors? And they had a bow line before that flopped???

I'm picking up on as much as I can but I don't know much about company ownership and what not.

Rattler
01-07-2009, 10:25 AM
:band: :dragon: :Boos20: :hammer: :tearhair: :nono: :beehive:

ntypicl11
01-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Don't know if this will answer your question. But. https://www.eliteoutdoorssuperstore.com/privacy.asp Slippy posted it in another thread. He has been wanting to show us his dark little secret behind the BOATHOUSE. I thought he was just perverted. Maybe he just had the inside scoop, or I've been blindsided. Thats happened before!

Smeagol
01-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't know if this will answer your question. But. https://www.eliteoutdoorssuperstore.com/privacy.asp Slippy posted it in another thread. He has been wanting to show us his dark little secret behind the BOATHOUSE. I thought he was just perverted. Maybe he just had the inside scoop, or I've been blindsided. Thats happened before!

Are sure that URL points to the company that bought Elite? It's based in MO, whereas it appears that the company that bought Elite is based in NY.

???

Chippy (aka Slippy)
01-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Elite Outdoors.... bought Elite Archery.... Is Elite Outdoors a new company or an old company that ironically has almost the same name????

I'm picking up on as much as I can but I don't know much about company ownership and what not.

Eliteoutdoors is a new company that spun off from G5 and picked up Elite Archery. :thumb:

I think. :mad0233:

vhunter
01-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Elite outdoors is a new company. It is ran by some ex-G5 employees. G5 has a line of bows called quest, which was Ross, but now has a bow that looks like an Elite.

gotaluvthospens
01-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Haha. I guess I'm not the only one still a little in the dark.

vhunter
01-07-2009, 10:49 AM
No, I think you are. It's all as clear as mud to me.:tearhair:

Rattler
01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
V, type it out in Penguin language for her :D

ntypicl11
01-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Now wheres that lightswitch???

Slugger
01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Are sure that URL points to the company that bought Elite? It's based in MO, whereas it appears that the company that bought Elite is based in NY.

???
Same one, elite outdoors LLC

Rattlinman
01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Ok, it's out so here goes......
1. Elite needed a money influx, so along comes Pete Crawford and Garret Armstrong, who worked for G5
2. Elite and G5 were already "partners", G5 has been building bow parts and the Z28 since its conception in late 2007, strings and all. (Which is why it is AP camo)
3. Pete and Garret set up an LLC, bought the company, kept some key players, and will continue with G5 producing bow and bow parts, including having the rep group that reps G5 products and Quest bows also handle Elite's bows.

Here's what we don't know....
Will some production still happen in Washington or will G5 do it all now ?
Will Quest become a Cabelas, Bass Pro line with Elite staying a Pro shop only line ?
In what capacity is Kevin really involved, designing future ideas only or still in quality and tuning ?
Which way will Pete and Garret take, as many bow sales as possible with loss of quality for quantity, or continue striving for excellence, as Elite has done since it's inception ?

At this point, we will all have to "wait and see", because no one ever knows which way a company will go under new management, but I can tell you they they are gonna be good at "wording".

Hope this helps, let me know if someone sees an error.........

Maybee-R
01-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Read the announcement. its all there.