PDA

View Full Version : Eye Issues

Natural Dad
05-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,
Wanted to ask a question about eye problems and peep sights. I am "near sighted" or maybe it's "far sighted" but which ever...I can read micro print up close with no problem but can't see 20 yards without blurring (without glasses).

So here's my problem. With my glasses on I can see the targets at long range fairly well but my pins are blurry. If I take my glasses off, the pins are crystal clear but my targets are blurry.

Someone told me about a peep that has glass in it to clear up your pins but doesn't affect the appearance of your targets down range. Does anyone know what this is called and would it help in my situation?

Presently, I have to glass my targets (3-D) and then when I remove my Binos, remember where I'm suppose to hit. I can barely see the 10 ring let alone the 12 and have to just "feel" where the arrow needs to go.

I managed (6) 12's yesterday out of 20 targets but it sure would be nice to see where I'm shooting through less blurry pins! Any Help?? :)

Rattler
05-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Man Cordwood did a number on you huh Nat Dad?

Natural Dad
05-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah not bad for a rookie!! I loved it!! :)

cbarber
05-03-2009, 10:22 AM
i think you are looking for a verifier
this should help you out
http://www.specialtyarch.com/faqs.asp

Natural Dad
05-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks cbarber. I think that's what he called it. Do you know who sells these and where I can get more info?

cbarber
05-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks cbarber. I think that's what he called it. Do you know who sells these and where I can get more info?

http://www.shopatron.com/index/344.0.23330.0.0.0.0

but,i think i bought mine from lancaster archery supply

Dave Nowlin
05-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I believe there are 5 different strengths in the clarifiers. Call Lancaster's tech desk and they will help you.

Dave Nowlin

Natural Dad
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice!! :thumb::thumb:

old man archer
05-03-2009, 04:19 PM
If you go to specialty archerys website you can find a dealer that has a sample board so that you can find the correct one for your eyesight.Just a question though, did you try a smaller peep than what you have been using ? Reason I'm asking is because that will generally help to clear up the problem with your pins.Try this before you buy your verifier to see if it will help you. Put a small piece of electrical tape over your peep and put a 1/16" hole in it and see if it improves your sight picture if it does then you don't necessarily need to go to a verifier just a smaller peep. Your friend in archery, Old Man Archer:luck:

Natural Dad
05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Good point OMA. I didn't think of that! I have a hunter size peep on it now (3/16 Meta Peep) b/c that's what I am...a bowhunter. The 3-D and Spots stuff I just do to have another reason to shoot!! I'll give that a try. thanks again for the advice!!
Nat Dad :)

tpcollins
05-03-2009, 07:49 PM
If you're going to hunt, I don't think a smaller peep will be of much help in low light. I would think it would be difficult even with 20/20 to have both the target and the pins in focus at the same time. I hate wearing glasses but I'm set up to be focused on the target - it doesn't matter to me whether the pin has a little blurr or a lot of blurr as long as I put that blurr on the spot I've picked out on the target.