PDA

View Full Version : Question about elite

Tsmiddy21790
06-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Over on AT everyone seems to think that becasue kevin left elite, that elite will crumble and be no more ... i hope not because i just bought my first elite and they are the best bows i have ever shot. what are your guys take on this ... do you think Elite will stand strong or crumble like old potatoe chips? I hope i am right in thinking 1 man leaving cant destroy a company but im still a little worried

DustyRx
06-06-2009, 12:24 PM
It is just a bunch of people speculating and none of us are prophets.
Kevin is gone, that is for sure.
Elite is a great company with some very capable people running it. They will be fine.

Jaben620
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM
It is just a bunch of people speculating and none of us are prophets.
Kevin is gone, that is for sure.
Elite is a great company with some very capable people running it. They will be fine.

+1..........

old man archer
06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
+1..........
+2 Your friend in archery, Old Man Archer:wheelchair:

jjbuilder
06-06-2009, 12:48 PM
+2 Your friend in archery, Old Man Archer:wheelchair:

I agree +3

jdduffy
06-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't think Pete and the rest of the crew will disapoint us,I'll hang in there with them and see what shakes out!

Daniel Boone
06-06-2009, 01:24 PM
My hopes is Pete gets the right person on his staff. Bowtech went right on and is still one of the top producers of bows today.
DB

pizar11
06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
+1. Look at bowtech. We will be alright. Besides there is always a chance that Kevin might come back to Elite.

superdiablo
06-06-2009, 02:35 PM
They will do fine if they still strive for perfected excellence. I sincerely hope so.

Even Hoyt will do fine if they hire Kevin to update their cam system and ... incorporate binaries on split (quality laminated) limbed bows and centered string :beer1:?

EliteShooter1
06-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Weather elite remains a strong company or not u still have 1 of the best bows ever made.
From what pete said 2010 is already designed. It might not be a big growing year, but sales shouldnt be hurt to much. If he doesnt pic the right r&d people 2011 and on is when we will see the demise of elite archery.

Ultramax
06-06-2009, 09:53 PM
In 06 people on AT said Elite wont last thru the end of the year. Then in 07 when J2 came into the picture people on AT said Elite is done for sure now. Here it is 09 and Elite is selling more bows every year. I think Elite will be fine. I think thier customer base will change some as they are a little more geared toward the hunting aspect of archery.

archer58inPA
06-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Pete has made a commitment to be successful. The designer(s) he hired will be the best possible. At the end of the day, Elite will make a quality product and take care of it's customers. Elite won't be going away.

meyerske
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM
As far as I'm aware, Elite does not have a single person working for them who worked for them a year ago. They are a totally new company with the Elite name and logo. Whether or not they will get the rights to the two-track cam...who knows?

They are certainly an underdog. I wish them well. Pete seems like a stand-up kind of guy.

woodbooger
06-07-2009, 08:31 AM
its been said metal sharpens metal! men sharpen men one engineer can also sharpen another!great minds can come from small places! as for me I own 2 great bows! GT-500!! there going nowwhere!

gt500elitist
06-07-2009, 08:55 AM
None of us are prophets but it certainly looks like Elite is on a strong financial foundation. I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised in the next few months. Would I have preferred kevin with his brilliant design mind to stay with Elite, certainly. That didn't happen but one man does not carry a company.

Yesterdays history, tomorrows a mystery.

Button Buck
06-07-2009, 07:00 PM
All I am sure of is that I have found the best shooting bow I think I have ever owned (XLR). If they keep cranking out the same quality bows they make now, they will always be there.

flintcreek6412
06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I have never known the name of the designer of a single bow I bought until my GT500. I had heard Kevin's name for years and until the GT500 his work did not temp me over the competition. Each year I will decide if I am in the market for a bow, I will then test them all out and buy what strikes me as the best for that year. Some years it will be speed, some smoothness, others forgiveness and some just plain looks. In the past 10yrs I've owned Martins, PSE's, Mathews, Hoyts, Bowtechs and now an Elite.

As long as Elite keeps producing bows I will give them a fair shake, just like all the other companies. If it's the best, I'll get it. If not, they still have next year. Elite will do just fine. Kevin is not the only bow designer out there and who knows, new blood isn't always bad. Maybe they can put a new twist on something that hasn't been thought of yet.

bowhunt2
06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
I have never known the name of the designer of a single bow I bought until my GT500. I had heard Kevin's name for years and until the GT500 his work did not temp me over the competition. Each year I will decide if I am in the market for a bow, I will then test them all out and buy what strikes me as the best for that year. Some years it will be speed, some smoothness, others forgiveness and some just plain looks. In the past 10yrs I've owned Martins, PSE's, Mathews, Hoyts, Bowtechs and now an Elite.

As long as Elite keeps producing bows I will give them a fair shake, just like all the other companies. If it's the best, I'll get it. If not, they still have next year. Elite will do just fine. Kevin is not the only bow designer out there and who knows, new blood isn't always bad. Maybe they can put a new twist on something that hasn't been thought of yet.
+1 A company, is not one person