PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, CARBON TECH Cheetahs

Mxracer532
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Any carbon tech cheetah dealors in here?
Also wondering how much u carbon tech cheetah shooters are paying for a dozen bare shafts. White labels. Thanks.

TexasCanesFan
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
kydirtbag is a dealer.

Smeagol
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
michaelpierce40 is a dealer. Click on the Predator's Archery in my sig below. You can get the contact info there.

michaelpierce40
10-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Call me at 408 842 7733...I will be here until 9:00 pm Pacific time

L-train
10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I was disappointed when they moved their manufacturing facility to china.
Archerysportsusa sells them, I think 85-90 a dz for white labels.

Maybee-R
10-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Same here! I hope the quality stays as well. Have doubts though.

TexasCanesFan
10-26-2009, 09:06 PM

This is the reason I did not buy them when I was looking for light arrows for my E-500.

Smeagol
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Didn't they move it to Korea?

L-train
10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Nope .

Smeagol
10-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Nope .

Oop, you're right. I just looked at the tube my shafts came in. It says "Made in China".

Mxracer532
10-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks guys for the info.

marzomi
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
is the "made in china" bit just for the cheetahs or for the xp's as well?

If so I will be moving away from CT after 4 years of dedicated use...

CamG
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
is the "made in china" bit just for the cheetahs or for the xp's as well?

If so I will be moving away from CT after 4 years of dedicated use...

I believe all CT arrows are going to be made in China...disappointed as well. I love my CT Cheetah's for 3D.

ksp9416
10-27-2009, 02:30 PM
They are being built in China. However, the shipped over all of the original equipment and manufacturing machines and Rick himself went over and is heading it up. He trained all of them and is still calling the shots. The labor is just cheaper... I was worried too, but Pat is checking them by hand when they get in the states. The specs are actually better and tolerances too. Rick is keeping a very close eye on it. CT is my number one arrow and until I see the difference I will keep selling them. Quality has not changed. You cant go wrong with them.

L-train
10-27-2009, 02:43 PM
How can the specs and tolerances be better if made on the same machines?
I guess they could cull to tighter specs but...
I dont doubt there quality, and if I ever shoot a light arrow it will likely be a cheetah(way tougher than the mexican lightweights) just a bummer when American made Co. go global.

TexasCanesFan
10-27-2009, 03:10 PM
They are being built in China. However, the shipped over all of the original equipment and manufacturing machines and Rick himself went over and is heading it up. He trained all of them and is still calling the shots. The labor is just cheaper... I was worried too, but Pat is checking them by hand when they get in the states. The specs are actually better and tolerances too. Rick is keeping a very close eye on it. CT is my number one arrow and until I see the difference I will keep selling them. Quality has not changed. You cant go wrong with them.

That is good to hear.

Seem like good arrows.

marzomi
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
where are easton arrows made

A/C 's and hits?

michaelpierce40
10-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Carbon tech arrows are made in china by the same guys who build the win and win recurve bows...they have made carbon limbs and risers for some time. rich is in complete control of manufacturing and quality control. He has made a lot of trips to china this last year and is on top of his business. We have checked arrows and find the new ones from china still hold the quality Rick has insisted on. If anyone has any questions on carbon tech arrow...call me at 408 842 7733

marzomi
10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
what brands and models are still made in USA

anyone have a list?

I really would rather not purchase anything made offshore if I can help it. CT may be as good as they ever were and I always have been dedicated to CT XP yellow label but if they are now made in china I will take a look around again even if they are just as good or better. Its a principle thing for me.

CamG
10-27-2009, 03:58 PM

anyone have a list?

I really would rather not purchase anything made offshore if I can help it. CT may be as good as they ever were and I always have been dedicated to CT XP yellow label but if they are now made in china I will take a look around again even if they are just as good or better. Its a principle thing for me.

Most all Easton arrows are made in the USA. I have Epics, Axis N-Fused, Axis FMJ's, A/C/C's, and A/C/C Pro Hunters in the shop right now, and they all say
made in the USA right on them.

kydirtbag
10-27-2009, 04:09 PM
AirForce Arrows made by AMG are made in USA and are just as good, if not better than the CT. Problem is I don't know how to get in touch with them, or I don't do't know if they are still in business. There was somebody on here that was selling them but I haven't seen him on here anymore either.

anyone have a list?

L-train
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM
All of easton/beman are made here except the fatboy, lightspeed, and redlines.
Arrow dynamics
Megathrust

CamG
10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
All of easton/beman are made here except the fatboy, lightspeed, and redlines.
Arrow dynamics
Megathrust

I'd rather give my money to someone overseas than give it to the guys at Arrow Dynamics.

hartofthethumb
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd rather give my money to someone overseas than give it to the guys at Arrow Dynamics.

Seriously curious about this... I have never dealt with them, so I don't know how they run things, but I have been using their Nitro stingers for probably close to a decade and love the arrows. They are by far the most popular arrow for hunting being sold here at my favorite shop.

L-train
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM

OK, I never tried them, whats up with them?
Ive been thinking of trying megathrust, they are a dart co. and use a four fletch like darts use.
But basically just a diehard easton guy, they make the best hockey stick too.

three5x5s
10-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I need a set of inserts for the Carbon Tech Whitetail 40/65. Will other inserts work??

CamG
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Seriously curious about this... I have never dealt with them, so I don't know how they run things, but I have been using their Nitro stingers for probably close to a decade and love the arrows. They are by far the most popular arrow for hunting being sold here at my favorite shop.

Ive been thinking of trying megathrust, they are a dart co. and use a four fletch like darts use.

I would prefer to handle this via PM.

marzomi
10-27-2009, 09:12 PM

I was a die hard acc shooter for many years but then moved to CT XP's due to the great spine consistency. I guess I may be going back...

CamG
10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I need a set of inserts for the Carbon Tech Whitetail 40/65. Will other inserts work??

Yes, most standard carbon shaft inserts work.

champion2
10-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Loved the Carbon tech shafts. My only problem was no one carried them in our area and they were hard to find unless I ordered them through Lancaster. Great spine consistencies, and very consistent all around. I shot the Cheetah Hunter 55/80 for 4 seasons with great results, and this wasnt even their top end arrow. Took 5 animals with the same arrow shaft until a coyote claimed it the last time when he bit into it after nailing him in the shoulder blades. Whitetail buck, 2 whitetail does, Pronghorn, and a coyote! My current Victory V1 350 and Carbon express KV Maxima 350 have nothing on the Carbon Tech.

L-train
10-28-2009, 11:56 AM
I was a die hard acc shooter for many years but then moved to CT XP's due to the great spine consistency. I guess I may be going back...

Probably the 2 most consistently spined arrows EVER.

ICH BIN
10-28-2009, 12:54 PM
You would think having moved operations to China, that the prices would come down closer to Carbon Express and the likes. I know you can get deals, but the list prices are a little high for being made in China.

That said, I am liking my Cheetah 55/80 so far.

E

L-train
10-28-2009, 01:29 PM
You would think having moved operations to China, that the prices would come down closer to Carbon Express and the likes. I know you can get deals, but the list prices are a little high for being made in China.

That said, I am liking my Cheetah 55/80 so far.

E

Carbon express Maximas are about as high as it gets for carbon arrows and about the same as yellow label CTs, and the Kevlar aramids are crazy 200/dzn, and CE is made in S Korea(super cheap labor) and we never have seen the price be reduced, just more profit for CE.
ACCs are also top dollar, but axis are more affordable and Epic IMO are the best shaft $for$ made. And made in Utah.

marzomi
10-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Probably the 2 most consistently spined arrows EVER.

very true, except that I like the old style acc over the new pro hunting series. Easton seems to be in this mode of changing models often. Like ac slims which lasted 2 seasons and then vanished. I'm a consistency "FREAK" and like everything unchanged. Hence why I shoot the same gear for years...
The way easton deprecates models this becomes hard. At least this is my view of it.

L-train
10-28-2009, 04:51 PM
very true, except that I like the old style acc over the new pro hunting series. Easton seems to be in this mode of changing models often. Like ac slims which lasted 2 seasons and then vanished. I'm a consistency "FREAK" and like everything unchanged. Hence why I shoot the same gear for years...
The way easton deprecates models this becomes hard. At least this is my view of it.

Yea they do change some, but the ACC is still available, at least the superlite ACCs are. I really like the HP insert the pro hunter and epics use, they will take some abuse and actually bend slightly as they taper in the middle, which has saved a few shafts for me, I just unhotmelt and replace, wallla.
They somehow changed my epics(which group just as well as my ACCs at over 120 yrds) .1 gpi when they went to Nfused.:chair: and of course 10-12 buck more:censored2:

superdiablo
10-28-2009, 05:05 PM

May be they want to fight Beiter superb quality nocks with its tight tollerances and nock to nock consistency as well as depreciating the shafts soon?
I do too like the old ACC´s (3-60 here) that remain my hunting arrows; Beiter makes nocks that fit directly inside them, a jewel IMHO.

kydirtbag
10-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I am considering making the change to the Easton Axis series, well Easton in general. Everybody carries them and I wanted to be different.

I have been playing around with many different brands since the CT movement. I haven't noticed any major changes so far. I'm in the part of the country where people don't know about CT very much and they will not spend the difference in $ to try them. I can't afford to stock a bunch of shafts not to sell. I will continue to offer them but they will be SPECIAL ORDER ONLY! I know that this hurts my chances of selling them but...Since Easton is a staple then it may help me out some

nagster
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
everything I have ever read on the CT Cheetas has been nothing but awesome, I wish i would have tried them.

I also love eastons when i was shooting the lightspeeds, they flew out of my bear truth when i had them really really nice, maybe one day I will shoot easton again.

right now though, the VForce HV 350's fly so well out my z28, that I couldnt see switching anytime soon, as long as they keep making them, ill keep buying them. they are perfect for the range, for 3D and for deer hunting.

good luck finding your arrows!

Mxracer532
11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I gotta give a shout out to michael peirce at preditors archery as I made him walk around in a boot chasing arrows for me. LOL Super nice guy and helped alot.

Smeagol
11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I gotta give a shout out to michael peirce at preditors archery as I made him walk around in a boot chasing arrows for me. LOL Super nice guy and helped alot.

x2 !! Predator's is a great shop for us archery starved folks here in the Golden state.

JeffB
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
For anyone interested, my local shop (see my sig) still has a pretty fair amount of the MIUSA Carbon Techs- Whitetails are running a bit thin - but quite a few dozens of Cheetahs, Hippos, and Rhinos are left.

I spine tested some of the demo AMG AF tapered shafts the shop received ( someone mentioned them in the thread previous), and they are def not up to par with A/C/Cs, Maximas, or Carbon Tech for spine consistency through a dozen.. Spine around shaft consistency was great, but shaft to shaft in the dozen was nothing to write home about-too far out of spec for me to shell out the big $ they are asking for them.

longbow42
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
I love those CT shafts. They are the most accurate arrows that I have. I have been shooting the Rhino XP's but looking to get some Whitetail XP's to lighten my arrows a bit. I hope they are still as tough and durable. I have tried many different brands but keep coming back to the CT line due to their accuracy and groups. The newer shafts made in China are supposed to be even better due to the workers being more experienced and trained vs US, where many were younger and QC was not where it always needed to be at least that's what Rick from CT has said.