PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Hunting

Grizz
03-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Is it just me or is watching turkey hunting on TV one of the most unbearable, boring things that comes on? I love turkey hunting but I just cant watch it on TV.

GSLAM95
03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Is it just me or is watching turkey hunting on TV one of the most unbearable, boring things that comes on? I love turkey hunting but I just cant watch it on TV.
Watching Turkey hunting is never boring to me!:)

Vahunter1
03-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I love turkey hunting as well, but as far as hunting shows go...i think turkey hunting is definitely the least exciting. I dont know why, but I can watch whitetail hunting for days, but when turkey hunting comes on, the channel usually changes.

elitezthebest
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
heck try watching fishing talk about boring i am a big turkey hunter an i dont think there hunting shows are boring

Don Beaver
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't watch it, either. Like to DO it, don't like to watch it.

Big Lefty
03-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I love to turkey hunt, but the turkey shows in general aren't my favorites. It's always cool to watch the birds interact with the decoys, especially when the beat the crap out of them or breed 'em before they take an arrow. But watching a bird come in hot and then taking a load of 5 shot the second he gets into range doesn't do it for me.

labdad
03-01-2010, 10:12 PM
When I'm waiting for the season to get here I do not have a problem watching turkey hunting, just wish there were more bow hunting videos.

Daniel Boone
03-01-2010, 10:57 PM
I love hearing an old tom come in. Never old to me watching or going.
DB

Metzger
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I am also one that loves to be out there hunting them but cant hardly stand to watch them on tv. Deer and such on the other hand I can watch for hours.

Todd Imiola
03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
For me it's the waterfowl hunting I can't watch, unless I'm trying to fall alseep.

P.Smash
03-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Turkey hunting on T.V. is not as good as deer hunting to me. But, it is way better than watching golf. I'd rather watch paint peel.

L-train
03-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Turkey hunting on T.V. is not as good as deer hunting to me. But, it is way better than watching golf. I'd rather watch paint peel.

Man I can watch golf all day, baseball I cant watch a minute of on TV.
Any hunting show bores me, rather go hunting or even just shoot my bow.

P.Smash
03-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Man I can watch golf all day, baseball I cant watch a minute of on TV.

I'm the exact opposite. I love to watch the Cards, Rockies, Rangers.....I guess about all of them.

cordwood
03-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I love hearing an old tom come in. Never old to me watching or going.
DB

x2 ...funny thing is I dont care as much about the actual kill, I just love hearing a hot gobbler sounding off...esp when the thing is out of view.:noidea:

Bring the Thunder!...cant wait for spring.:D

P.Smash
03-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Bring the Thunder!...cant wait for spring.:D

AMEN, brother!

HORSEMOVER
03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
May 1st:2thunbs:

L-train
03-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I think ours is march 25th or so, coming up quick.

HardCoreHunter
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I love watching bow hunting turkeys, but quickly flip the channel if gun hunting is on. This goes for any species. It is not that I am snubbing my nose at gun hunters, it is just boring for me to watch on tv. I am ready; our season Always opens the 2nd Monday in April, Two birds a year is the limit.

spacman
03-08-2010, 03:26 AM
I'll second HCH reply. Love to hear the thunder!!! Only if they could come out with a Turkey show as good as HBH

cordwood
03-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I'll second HCH reply. Love to hear the thunder!!! Only if they could come out with a Turkey show as good as HBH

You meant to say HB...HBH is a bunkazz loser site...HB is the real deal.

As for killing them with the gun, I think its more cool to crush em with the shotgun, that is unless you're trying to decap em with an arrow...body shots do nothing for me. Head/neck shots :censored2: rule! But eitherway, I totally dig hearing a thunder chicken sounding off about a 100-200yds out...the anticipation/tease is the best part for me.:thumb:

P.Smash
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
As for killing them with the gun, I think its more cool to crush em with the shotgun, that is unless you're trying to decap em with an arrow...body shots do nothing for me. Head/neck shots :censored2: rule! But eitherway, I totally dig hearing a thunder chicken sounding off about a 100-200yds out...the anticipation/tease is the best part for me.:thumb:

I could'nt agree more. A shotgun blast followed by a big Tom flopping around is the bomb!