PDA

View Full Version : which cam timing hole is the 3rd one Gt500 ?

Elkski
04-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I have read where you want the timing near the 3rd dot? I have new strings and the timing is nearly the same as before just between the 1st and 2nd hole or is that 2nd and 3rd dot? . I have 3 dots on my GT500 and am wondering which dot is #1 and which is #3. Looking at the marks I call the the first one that the cam rotates to as #1? is this correct? So if the draw continued the 2nd mark would hit. adn then the 3rd?? I usually get on or just under the 2nd dot

Maybee-R
04-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I have read where you want the timing near the 3rd dot? I have new strings and the timing is nearly the same as before just between the 1st and 2nd hole or is that 2nd and 3rd dot? . I have 3 dots on my GT500 and am wondering which dot is #1 and which is #3. Looking at the marks I call the the first one that the cam rotates to as #1? is this correct? So if the draw continued the 2nd mark would hit. adn then the 3rd?? I usually get on or just under the 2nd dot
Elkski the second is were the speed is at 29". If you want more letoff then keep adding twist to the cables and even a couple out of the string. you can rotate the cam to the next dot this way. and your referance is the same I use for numbering the dots.

hartofthethumb
04-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Looking at the marks I call the the first one that the cam rotates to as #1? is this correct? So if the draw continued the 2nd mark would hit. adn then the 3rd??

Edit: Beaten by mr maybee, and with more info...

but yeah your assessment of which dot is which, is correct.

wassaw
04-09-2010, 12:37 AM
i'd go to the 4th dot (eur eur eur. Tim the tool man grunt)

you only have 3 dots???? mine has 4 and the 2010's have like 15 or 20

2nd dot( but tune to the valley you like also)

Elkski
04-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys.
Just with these Stage 1 strings you dont have to set up a bow very often.
ATA is 1/8" short I believe it should be 7/8" and it is 3/4" BH is on 7 1/8"
Max poundage occurs at about 6 3/4" or so. Althoguh this is not an easy thing to measure just using the clicks on my winch. I might have to use the turnbuckle for a more accurate look if you guys say so.
Poundage is back right where it was or a bit higher. about 59# 14 oz.

Rev. Juan
04-09-2010, 09:42 AM
i'd go to the 4th dot (eur eur eur. Tim the tool man grunt)

you only have 3 dots???? mine has 4 and the 2010's have like 15 or 20

2nd dot( but tune to the valley you like also)

My 09 GT has 4 dots & shoots better & faster between 3rd & 4th dots @ 29.5'' dl. WASSAW where is yours set & how do you like it?

Elkski :luck: & have fun setting up your rig

wassaw
04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
My 09 GT has 4 dots & shoots better & faster between 3rd & 4th dots @ 29.5'' dl. WASSAW where is yours set & how do you like it?

Elkski :luck: & have fun setting up your rig

my 09 is an XLR with 4 dots it's set between the 3rd and 4th.
the synergy with rev cams has 3 dots and is over the 3rd dot
gt500 is a 2010 and patiently waiting to find out where she is timed at currently :D

Elite4ever
04-09-2010, 01:32 PM
The 09 I bought only has three dots and I have it set just on the outside of the 3rd dot seems to be the fastest here 311fps with a 380gr arrow 29.33" actual draw.

Elkski
04-09-2010, 03:24 PM
IT does seem that the more dots the longer your draw would be and maybe the longer your valley. I am just getting back to this project this afternoon. Have a ever so slight down tear. d-loop is still loose. Limb Driver is set up and adjusted but still have to go high up on the berger hole as I have the stupid early 08.5 curved up sight window shelf and the one fork of the limb slams that raised B s tard..

Elkski
04-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Well. I am clear of the 1st dot and on over the 2nd one. timing is very close. Dam WEs I had to add 2 turns on one cable and take 2 turns off the other. Maybe I put the wrong cable on the top? LOl
ATA is dead nuts on BH is dad nuts on if I measure to the back of the string.
The DL might be a tad shorter than before. I liked that so the chrony is coming out to see if the speed is still 297.
How do I dial in some more poundage if I want to >
TGIF

My poundage seems to be about a pound lower now.
How do I add poundage

Elite4ever
04-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Well. I am clear of the 1st dot and on over the 2nd one. timing is very close. Dam WEs I had to add 2 turns on one cable and take 2 turns off the other. Maybe I put the wrong cable on the top? LOl
ATA is dead nuts on BH is dad nuts on if I measure to the back of the string.
The DL might be a tad shorter than before. I liked that so the chrony is coming out to see if the speed is still 297.
How do I dial in some more poundage if I want to >
TGIF

My poundage seems to be about a pound lower now.
How do I add poundage
Twist both cables now the cams are timed and twist the string give each cable two twist.

Maybee-R
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Edit: Beaten by mr maybee, and with more info...

but yeah your assessment of which dot is which, is correct.
Does he beat you too? As a kid----Oh never mind. LOL!
Elkski your there. add a couple twist to each cable the length isnt going to grow much. slight bit, but your weight will get back up.