PDA

View Full Version : How quiet is the Limbdriver rest?

longbow42
05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I have used a QAD HD for two seasons without issues and have been very satisfied with the rest, especially for hunting. I have been thinking about the Limbdriver rest as I like how it attaches to the limb and stays up a tad longer for possibly better support/accuracy. How quiet is the draw with the metal launcher? I realize that there is felt or rubber on the prongs. Also, how quiet is it on the shot? What about on containment; how well does it hold/contain the arrow. I saw there containment arm, but it seems like it could easily pop out on the draw?
Thanks!

wassaw
05-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I like mine.

put felt around the arms, I put a thicker (double layer of felt) on the riser under the where the yoke hits. and the trophy taker cradle works great for holding the arrow on the shelf until the yoke rises.

if the spring is adjusted good, there is very little "twang" "thud" when the yoke hits the riser. I try to adjust so that the yoke just slightly touches when down

ontarget7
05-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Put felt on the launcher and its smooth as butter. I mount the limbdriver all the way back so the launcher never touches the shelf. Very quiet this way

L-train
05-19-2010, 01:34 PM
I put moleskin on the shelf and on the launcher, had it set above shelf and its still not near as quiet as a G5 expert, the new pro expert operates like a limbdriver to allegedly make it the best of both worlds, I just got one but haven't tried it yet.

mchildress
05-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Can't wait for a review Lonnie.

Belicoso
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Can't wait for a review Lonnie.
me too....

DustyRx
05-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Expert Pro - Awesome!!!

Belicoso
05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Expert Pro - Awesome!!!
You are shooting it already??

DustyRx
05-19-2010, 02:12 PM
You are shooting it already??

Due to rain and a soaked yard I have not gotten to put a lot of shots through it but yes I have one. It is super easy to set up and is very quiet.
I have paper tuned (three shots) and shot short distances only. I really like the fact that there is no tension on the cable at full draw!!!

CATrapper
05-19-2010, 03:04 PM
To me, much of my LD's noise is coming from the long cable as it snaps back. It is not a quiet rest in my opinion compared to some others but it is useable. The biggest improvement mine made in the noise reduction department was switching from the cord to the Maxx kit. I will be curious to find out if the Expert pro has more noise than the Expert for this same reason.

arrowaddict
05-19-2010, 05:57 PM
I agree with CAtrapper, the cord prolly makes most of the noise associated with the LD, a small limbjax on the cord really helps that though. The simms drop away pad is what I use on the shelf. It's a great rest and by no means is it loud.

archer58inPA
05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
To me, much of my LD's noise is coming from the long cable as it snaps back. It is not a quiet rest in my opinion compared to some others but it is useable. The biggest improvement mine made in the noise reduction department was switching from the cord to the Maxx kit.
I also agree with CA. I took the max kit off and went back to a cord tied to the top limb. The reason I did it was bc every time I put my bow in my press it slid the limb attachmant into the cam. Not Good!!!
It DOES make more noise with a cord. Get a Max kit, but if you use a press with posts that rest against the limb it's better to take the attachment off. Trust me!!!

Rev. Juan
05-19-2010, 09:40 PM
I just changed the cord with my own verson of the maxx kit & WOW it's super quiet. I also have the LD mounted all the way back & trimed the prongs back so it doesn't touch the shelf.:woohoo:

2xR
05-19-2010, 10:11 PM
... I also have the LD mounted all the way back & trimed the prongs back so it doesn't touch the shelf.:woohoo:

Exactly - this makes it no more noisy than your strings already are as there is no shelf contact!!! The only way to go!!!

longbow42
05-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Who makes the Expert pro? Thanks.

CATrapper
05-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Exactly - this makes it no more noisy than your strings already are as there is no shelf contact!!! The only way to go!!!

I tried that but it still hits metal to metal against the pin and I couldn't get any felt or neoprene to stick there very well. How did you set it up so yours doesn't hit the internal stop?

BlindBuck
05-20-2010, 04:54 AM
On my hunting bow I use the containment launcher. I grind the containment holder down and trim up the Y and add teflon tape. Teflon tape lasts longer and is quieter then the moleskin IMO. I set the rest so the launcher just touches the rubber pad, and reverse the rest so it runs of the bottom limb. The last part does the most for noise reduction IMO. The cord no longer vibrates against the cable guard.

ontarget7
05-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Mount it all the way back and put cat whiskers on the cord. Very quiet this way. Take the bow and hold it in your hand. Then take the limbdriver cord and snap it with your finger like a rubber band. You will feel the vibration through the bow. Then put the catwhisker on it and try it again. There will be a big difference between the cord without whiskers and the one with.

Rev. Juan
05-20-2010, 08:30 AM
I tried that but it still hits metal to metal against the pin and I couldn't get any felt or neoprene to stick there very well. How did you set it up so yours doesn't hit the internal stop?

This is what mine looks like. You have to set it as far back as you can & trim the prongs. SUPER QUIET!!!!

DustyRx
05-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Who makes the Expert pro? Thanks.

G5 does. Great rest.

longbow42
05-20-2010, 09:42 AM
This is what mine looks like. You have to set it as far back as you can & trim the prongs. SUPER QUIET!!!!
Is that your hunting setup? Do you have any issues with the arrow coming out? Thanks.

longbow42
05-20-2010, 09:44 AM
G5 does. Great rest.

Thanks, I did see it now. Don't like the lack of containment though for treestand hunting. Looks like the arrow could come out easy. Thanks.

Rev. Juan
05-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Is that your hunting setup? Do you have any issues with the arrow coming out? Thanks.

Yes it is & no I don't have problems with my arrows coming out. I hunt from the blind, ladder & climber with this bow. That's why the shelf is curved, to hold the arrow.