The clear halo serving might be the best clear serving I have ever seen

OOOOOOHh and the colors

Mt Berry
Gold
Sunset Orange

Sunset Orange and Black Center Serving

Mountain Berry On the Servings For The Cables

Its About To Be a Whole New Judge Round These Parts

Probably Cause Im The Only On Round These Parts With One :)

But None The Less, Its Mine and These Strings Kick ***

Goatboy
07-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Man law......pics!

eweese18
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
For sure where are the pics nagster.....

nagster
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I dont have them on my bow, Ill take a pic of them in the package:)

nagster
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Check Check Check Em Out!!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z238/andychesterland/IMG_0072.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z238/andychesterland/IMG_0073.jpg

eweese18
07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Those look nice for sure. I say leave them in the package, no sense in them getting messed up!

Maybee-R
07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Put them on! they look better on the bow. Just take care of them and your good for a long time. Wes builds some of the best.

nagster
07-01-2010, 10:56 PM
The sad part is I have a press and a draw board and I have no clue how to use them :(

eweese18
07-01-2010, 11:13 PM
LoL come on man! Pull yourself together. Start by pressing the bow and removing the old strings. Put the new strings on exactly how you took the old ones off. Dont untwist any of the strings/cables that are tied together as that will throw off your lengths. So be careful. Then its to the draw board to check your DL/DW/Cam Sync, which I bet will be spot on.

hartofthethumb
07-01-2010, 11:40 PM
The sad part is I have a press and a draw board and I have no clue how to use them :(

Box it all up and send it my way, I will install, tune, test fire 2-3000 times and return next spring:magic:

J/K, If I were closer I would install and tune for ya though just to get to see those strings in person. Looks great!

michaelpierce40
07-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Send them here and I will make sure they are stretch just right.:)

nagster
07-02-2010, 12:57 PM
LoL come on man! Pull yourself together. Start by pressing the bow and removing the old strings. Put the new strings on exactly how you took the old ones off. Dont untwist any of the strings/cables that are tied together as that will throw off your lengths. So be careful. Then its to the draw board to check your DL/DW/Cam Sync, which I bet will be spot on.

I Have pressed the bow before, Its the tuning part that gets me in a tizzy

I just dont see how you can put the string on while keeping the twist when I need both hands to put it on the posts and feed it it through

is there a trick to this?

Timing dots on the cams, which ones are the ones for a 28" draw? and if they arent timed, I have to twist the cables correct?? which cables do I twist, and do I twist the whole thing.

this is the confusing stuff,

I have no idea how to tie a peep in, but I can tie a d-loop

when measuring centershot, where do I measure from??

Im sure its simple to some of you, but to me its complicated.

Especially when You have no idea where to start.

eweese18
07-02-2010, 05:34 PM
1.Just unclip the string or cables whichever you have and hold both ends tight not letting them untwist. Hook it on the peg after you feed it into the track and then that side will not untwist, then hook on the other loop to the opposite track and peg. Make sure you put the right loop on the right track and peg. Confidence is key, just blueprint your bow how it is now. Take 1 cable off and then put 1 new cable on. Then do the other etc. One at a time so they are on right. You can do it.

2.Timing should just make sure that both cables cross at the same spot (maybe a dot) on each cam at full draw. No specified dot or spot on the cam for 28". Just once the draw is set at 28", make sure each cable crosses the cams at the same spot on the cams.

3.To advance the top cam, you will want to add twist to the bottom cam on the track that takes up the cable. To Retard the cam you will just untwist the cable on the same take up track. Basically it is an opposite thing, move the top cam you use the take up track on the bottom cam, move the bottom cam you use the take up track on the top cam. I hope this makes sense and helps you.

4.You can install the peep when you have the bow in the press, then you will take it out of the press and be able to slide it to where you need it, just make sure you put it in the right way. There is a really good video on YouTube that shows you how to tie in a peep done by a Bone Collector, I think Bubba or something like that. Thats what I used to learn.

5.Center shot you will measure from just inside the riser right over to the middle of your arrow when it is in your rest. I usually set the berger hole height first so that the arrow intersects right through the middle of the berger holes, then I measure the center shot from the riser directly over to the middle of my arrow so that the middle of my arrow is at 7/8". Then just tighten it all down. I tape/cloth like ruler works good as it is a little bit easier to work with in the tight area against the riser.

I hope this helps you out. Let me know if you need anything else, I will see if I can get you the info you need.

I Have pressed the bow before, Its the tuning part that gets me in a tizzy

I just dont see how you can put the string on while keeping the twist when I need both hands to put it on the posts and feed it it through

is there a trick to this?

Timing dots on the cams, which ones are the ones for a 28" draw? and if they arent timed, I have to twist the cables correct?? which cables do I twist, and do I twist the whole thing.

this is the confusing stuff,

I have no idea how to tie a peep in, but I can tie a d-loop

when measuring centershot, where do I measure from??

Im sure its simple to some of you, but to me its complicated.

Especially when You have no idea where to start.

wackem
07-02-2010, 06:09 PM
1.Just unclip the string or cables whichever you have and hold both ends tight not letting them untwist. Hook it on the peg after you feed it into the track and then that side will not untwist, then hook on the other loop to the opposite track and peg. Make sure you put the right loop on the right track and peg. Confidence is key, just blueprint your bow how it is now. Take 1 cable off and then put 1 new cable on. Then do the other etc. One at a time so they are on right. You can do it.

2.Timing should just make sure that both cables cross at the same spot (maybe a dot) on each cam at full draw. No specified dot or spot on the cam for 28". Just once the draw is set at 28", make sure each cable crosses the cams at the same spot on the cams.

3.To advance the top cam, you will want to add twist to the bottom cam on the track that takes up the cable. To Retard the cam you will just untwist the cable on the same take up track. Basically it is an opposite thing, move the top cam you use the take up track on the bottom cam, move the bottom cam you use the take up track on the top cam. I hope this makes sense and helps you.

4.You can install the peep when you have the bow in the press, then you will take it out of the press and be able to slide it to where you need it, just make sure you put it in the right way. There is a really good video on YouTube that shows you how to tie in a peep done by a Bone Collector, I think Bubba or something like that. Thats what I used to learn.

5.Center shot you will measure from just inside the riser right over to the middle of your arrow when it is in your rest. I usually set the berger hole height first so that the arrow intersects right through the middle of the berger holes, then I measure the center shot from the riser directly over to the middle of my arrow so that the middle of my arrow is at 7/8". Then just tighten it all down. I tape/cloth like ruler works good as it is a little bit easier to work with in the tight area against the riser.

I hope this helps you out. Let me know if you need anything else, I will see if I can get you the info you need.

GREAT INFO RIGHT THERE, I will keep this stuff in mind for when i change my strings and cables, within the next month or so , I just need to make myself a press

2xR
07-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Dag num it man - pull yourself together and be a MAN... Seriously, you aren't going to urt the strings (Wes builds them bullet proof) or the bow so get to work... Evan gave you a GR8 start so get to it!