PDA

View Full Version : Truball Axcel Armortech HD pro

Maybee-R
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I just spent a small fortune on the best Idea for a pin sight I have ever seen.

Micro adjust each pin along with wind-age and horizontal micro adjustments.

This sight took all of about 20 minutes to sight in out to 80 yards. "Its a 7 pin"

I decided to try the 0.19 pins for the aging eyes! super easy to see kinda wished I went with 0.10 like on my swords and older spothoggs.

If anyone is like I have been hating to spend the money for these sights, Ill just say there like optics "You get what you pay for"

I found one new with out the Mathews thing on it. Couldn't have that on my Elites. :)
They are pretty cool I had some issues at first figuring out the adjustments. the instructions could use more info like the triangle thing in the package, Whats it for?? I guessed it was for quivers? not sure about it.

http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/media/Sights/Axcel/axcel_armortech_pro_sight.jpg (http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/AxcelArmortechProHD5PinSight.019.html)

Deer3083
07-14-2010, 03:52 PM

This sight took all of about 20 minutes to sight in out to 80 yards. "Its a 7 pin"

I decided to try the 0.19 pins for the aging eyes! super easy to see kinda wished I went with 0.10 like on my swords and older spothoggs.

If anyone is like I have been hating to spend the money for these sights, Ill just say there like optics "You get what you pay for"

I found one new with out the Mathews thing on it. Couldn't have that on my Elites. :)
They are pretty cool I had some issues at first figuring out the adjustments

the instructions could use more info like the triangle thing in the packWhats it for?? I guessed it was for quivers? not sure about i

http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/media/Sights/Axcel/axcel_armortech_pro_sight.jpg (http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/AxcelArmortechProHD5PinSight.019.html)

I was going to get that sight when I was looking for a everything sight but found out I just can't use multiple pin sights due to my eye sight. I wear glasses but the pins still blur together so I am stuck with single pins till I die I suppose. Very nice purchase on your part btw :)

woodbooger
07-14-2010, 06:27 PM

They are pretty cool I had some issues at first figuring out the adjustments. the instructions could use more info like the triangle thing in the package, Whats it for?? I guessed it was for quivers? not sure about it.

http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/media/Sights/Axcel/axcel_armortech_pro_sight.jpg (http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/AxcelArmortechProHD5PinSight.019.html) wish it was inside housing.I match peep and housing cant see bubble

Deepfryer
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Maybee-R, Great choice of sight, You shouldn't be disappointed.

I have have way to many of these sites, actually more sites than bows at the moment. Armortech and I are on a first name basis :)

With my eyes not being what they used to be I order them configured with the top two-three pins in .019 and the rest in .010 I have found it very popular with my costumer's as well.

YETI ARCHERY
07-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I have the same sight, I bought the larger level and the sun shade for mine. The larger level makes a difference. I will take a pic of the difference between the two.

valimbhanger
07-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Love the sight! Where'd ya get it? I'm askin because I just cancelled my order from BSS for the same sight with custom pin config (waited 2 months and 3 weeks and still no sight). As soon as I make sure they've credited my credit card I will be in pursuit of one of my own.

Mike@CustomArcherySupply
07-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Awesome sight. One of our best sellers

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TexasCanesFan
07-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Big money there Maybee.....trying to show off!! :D

Looks nice.

TEXAS 10PT
07-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Nice sight Rick...Congrats!!! I know you were leaning one way or the other but it looks like a really nice sight. Wish I could shoot something like that but the cramp I get with so many pins won't let me do it. I have recently purchased two new sights and can't believe there are little to no instructions that come with them:censored2: I'm still trying to figure stuff out on my own. Can't figure out why manufacturers do this. Good luck and I'm sure you are going to love it.

TEXAS

TX Rattlesnake
07-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Contracts on the new toy Rick.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

shootstraight
07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Great sights for sure, these guys are the real deal too, great family and Brandon Reyes (T.R.U. Pro on AT) is having a great year this year. I am lucky enough to live right up the road from them and get to shoot at their facility as well.

tapout155
07-14-2010, 10:47 PM
They are an awesome sight. I do however wish that the level was inside the housing. It's kind of hard to see the level while i am aiming.

Maybee-R
07-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Love the sight! Where'd ya get it? I'm askin because I just cancelled my order from BSS for the same sight with custom pin config (waited 2 months and 3 weeks and still no sight). As soon as I make sure they've credited my credit card I will be in pursuit of one of my own.
Your thread on AT asking put me over the top! I decided then to just get one.

They are an awesome sight. I do however wish that the level was inside the housing. It's kind of hard to see the level while i am aiming.
I shoot with both eyes open the bubble doesnt bother me at all.
I read where to tight on the pins and you can mess up the sight. I took it real easy setting this up. too much money to screw up.
Its all dialed in and ready for a 3.d with dark shade and bright sun at my back for a real test.
One thing that is cool is the ability to rotate the housing to get the bubble level. Ive had to remove and re-glue bubbles that were wacky on sights before.
So far its a keeper. I do how ever feel guilty about the cost of them.
I stopped in at a pro shop friend, he had it in stock so I bought it to keep him in business. lol! Ouch! freaken dealers are crazy!!:)

RAYHUNTS
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
These sights are great. I have three of them. I have the Armortech Pro HD HS, and two regular Armortechs, one has the HD. They are a tad pricey but worth the money. I shoot with one eye closed and as others have said the bubble is not in the peep. Couldn't that be easily remedied with a higher bracket?

TexasCanesFan
07-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Did you teach yourself to shoot with both eyes open or did you always shoot that way???

I can shoot a pistol and rifle both very well but never learned to do it with boh eyes open. Same thing with a bow.

Is there an advantage to both eyes open?

TexasCanesFan
07-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Which Sword did you used to shoot there Slick Rick?

Deer3083
07-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Did you teach yourself to shoot with both eyes open or did you always shoot that way???

I can shoot a pistol and rifle both very well but never learned to do it with boh eyes open. Same thing with a bow.

Is there an advantage to both eyes open?

4 years ago I was on the mathews forum asking the same questions and then decided to try it for myself. It made a huge difference for me. And now that I have my TP under control I can see how much of a difference shooting with both eyes open makes. I can focus much better on the spit I want to hit and that allows the pin to super impose itself over the target rather than me just focusing on the pin like I did with one eye open.

TexasCanesFan
07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
4 years ago I was on the mathews forum asking the same questions and then decided to try it for myself. It made a huge difference for me. And now that I have my TP under control I can see how much of a difference shooting with both eyes open makes. I can focus much better on the spit I want to hit and that allows the pin to super impose itself over the target rather than me just focusing on the pin like I did with one eye open.

Will have to give it a try when I am not in my backyard and a "flyer" wouldn't matter so much. :D

Any tips to make the transition easier?

Deer3083
07-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Will have to give it a try when I am not in my backyard and a "flyer" wouldn't matter so much. :D

Any tips to make the transition easier?
Start out close like at 10 yards and just get used to it. The more you do it the more it becomes second nature. I dont even think about it anymore.

Maybee-R
07-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I have all the sword sights. I like them also. But thought I would try something new.
Also shooting with both eyes open can be a problem with a lens one eye fighting the other.
Chuck Adams said it would be better to shoot with both eyes open. Who am I to argue with his book! with pins I believe its the best way too.
Your peripheral vision is important hunting and one eye closes off one side at full draw. I learned after reading his book and liked shooting that way.

jkk
07-16-2010, 09:00 AM
I just got that exact sight this year, except 7pins, 0.10 - it's a great sight, I love it.