oldbuck
02-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Hello,
This is a plot from a GTO. Its a 28" DL x 60#
oldbuck

archer58inPA
02-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Oldbuck,
I see 67% let off. Is that deliberate? Set that way?

oldbuck
02-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Oldbuck,
I see 67% let off. Is that deliberate? Set that way?

This was as recieved from Elite. Also it was on the pull / draw. All bows show max let-off when you come back off the wall slightly, then you get max let-off percentage.
I'm sure I could improved the letoff, just wanted to see what the curve looked like. This bow also had an almost dead level nock travel.
All in all a very impressive job by Elite.
oldbuck

evworld
02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
This was as recieved from Elite. Also it was on the pull / draw. All bows show max let-off when you come back off the wall slightly, then you get max let-off percentage.
I'm sure I could improved the letoff, just wanted to see what the curve looked like. This bow also had an almost dead level nock travel.
oldbuck

I don't understand. :confused::confused:

You would think if this is how it came from elite it should be allot closer to 80%

mdewitt71
02-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow by looking at this and comparing my 07 Synergy as well as other bows I have owned the GTO seems to be one SUPER SMOOTH rollover.....
Makes me really wanna get my hands on one to try.

archer58inPA
02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
oldbuck

I understand when you pull harder into the stop the letoff geos up , but this curve should have showed 80% at some point.

Scablands
02-27-2008, 05:12 PM
I got these results from my E-500.
My let off-
on the way up min. weight= 71.82% L/O
on the way down min. weight= 77.67% L/O

oldbuck
02-27-2008, 05:42 PM
OK guys, I'm sure I could have gotten near or at 80% letoff.
I did not adjust the stop on the cam, I just wanted to see the curve. I was not interested at that point, about the letoff.
So don't think the bow does not produce 80%. You can adjust any of these bows to have more or less let-off.
thanks
oldbuck

archer58inPA
02-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Gottcha. I figured there had to be a reason...Thanks.

Dave Nowlin
02-27-2008, 07:34 PM
The fact the valley never flattened but immediately went back up indicates the draw stop wasn't set correctly.

Dave Nowlin

oldbuck
02-27-2008, 08:58 PM
The fact the valley never flattened but immediately went back up indicates the draw stop wasn't set correctly.

Dave Nowlin
Hello Dave,
I did not define the valley, that would have taken readings at small (1/8") increments. My interest was the curve as it compares to other bows. The valley can be defined, I just did not take the time.
And yes, as I said, the stop could have been adjusted.
But what it DOES show, is an energy packed curve, it is a GTO after all.
Thanks
oldbuck

trophytaker75
02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
so were did you hit peak weight it looks like 20" is that right i have heard it should hot between 6 to 6.5"

Scablands
02-28-2008, 12:39 AM
If you add brace 7" + 1.75" + 6"- 6.5" draw cycle, peak weight should start at 14.75" to 15.25". This curve seems pretty close to that. It does have a slight bump near the center @ 20" which according to this video should not be above the first peak at 15"+ but it seems to me it would give a very nice draw. Was this curve plotted using a scale or a load cell which Kevin said is the most accurate way to measure and would that make a difference? I don't know.

oldbuck
02-28-2008, 07:56 AM
If you add brace 7" + 1.75" + 6"- 6.5" draw cycle, peak weight should start at 14.75" to 15.25". This curve seems pretty close to that. It does have a slight bump near the center @ 20" which according to this video should not be above the first peak at 15"+ but it seems to me it would give a very nice draw. Was this curve plotted using a scale or a load cell which Kevin said is the most accurate way to measure and would that make a difference? I don't know.

Hello,
I use a load cell. Anyone can buy one, all the digital scales use a load cell for measurement of load which then displys on a screen for viewing. A spring scale is less accurate only in the respect that it is much harder to visually determine small changes in load, the display on a digital scale solves that problem. If all you have is a good spring scale and you are carefull, you will be able to make a pretty accurrate DFC.
oldbuck

Maybee-R
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Oldbuck Do you have the stored energy on the GTO at 60 lbs 30 inch DL? curious as compared to the 70 lb. that I have.

Mike from Texas
02-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Oldbuck Do you have the stored energy on the GTO at 60 lbs 30 inch DL? curious as compared to the 70 lb. that I have.

I would be interested in seeing that myself. It would probably prove or dispel the rumors of a harsh draw cycle with the 30" mods.

oldbuck
02-29-2008, 05:26 PM
I would be interested in seeing that myself. It would probably prove or dispel the rumors of a harsh draw cycle with the 30" mods.

Sorry Guys,
I don't have a 30" to check, If I had it I would post it for you.
oldbuck