PDA

View Full Version : WOW factor, Elite has it!

ntypicl11
12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Last night I went to my local dealer to try out some releases. The owner wasn't in, thank God!

I saw a Tru-ball boss I wanted to try, so the guy follows me back to the range. My bowcase in hand.

I opened my case, his eyes nearly popped out of his head. yes, he said wow! I looked at him and said, pretty nice lookin bow huh? He said, yep, it's very easy on the eyes. I talked a bit more to him, and he asked, why Elite? BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I told him about Elite's warranty, and how they treat their customers. I asked what his drawlength was, guess what, 29! Would you like to shoot it? His reply, can I? So I handed him the bow. He is a pretty devout Hoyt shooter. He shot it and more wow's followed. He looked and me and said, THAT, is a REALLY nice bow!!! I shot a few arrows, and went to pull them out. When I turned around, the few people that were there were crowded around my bow on the rack. I believe we will have another Elite shooter very soon!

IRISH66
12-16-2010, 11:05 AM
All you have to do is shoot one!

That should be Elites new slogan!

Daniel Boone
12-16-2010, 11:11 AM

Never had anyone shoot my Elite that didnt say its sweet. Including a few pros shooting for other companies. I cant wait for my Tour to get here.
DB

eltaco
12-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Gotta love it!

I've had this same scenario played out multiple times, with interesting results.

I brought my Z28 into Cabela's, and two of the guys were oogling over it... both Hoyt shooters. I asked if they had ever shot an Elite, and the one says "My cousin shoots one, and boy is it rough!" I just snickered, and handed it over. The guy's jaw almost hit the floor. "What's it set at?", he asked. I told him 66# and he didn't believe me... brought it back to the scale... and then called the other guy over.

After all of that, they both say... "man, that bow is amazing, but I can't let my Hoyt go."

I guess I'm an Elite fanboy now, but it's interesting to see people shoot a bow that they admit is superior to their setup, but refuse to give up their brand.

ntypicl11
12-16-2010, 11:26 AM
It was fun to walk into Sportsmans warehouse a couple of years ago with my Synergy. I wanted to chrono it, heh heh! I shot it thru the beams, and w/out him looking at the numbers, I got a HOLY S**T that was fast! Another guy came RUNNING, and said, WTH was that? OOHs and AHHs followed. Take a 400 grn arrow and slam it into a target at a TRUE fast fps, it makes a noise, especially in their 20 foot tunnel!

With the Snow camo, all I have to do is open the case. It's like they were Indiana Jones looking at the Holy Grail.sp?

mchildress
12-16-2010, 12:53 PM

Followed by (You can't own just one).:)

eagle-357
12-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Showing off the Elites is fun.

I don't know how many I sold just by letting people shoot one (or two, or theree... can't wait for the Tour to show). :)

ntypicl11
12-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Showing off the Elites is fun.

I don't know how many I sold just by letting people shoot one (or two, or theree... can't wait for the Tour to show). :)
I see your getting the pickle edition! lol

eagle-357
12-16-2010, 03:42 PM
I see your getting the pickle edition! lol

Nooooo, it's slime.

I have been thinking of going to Toys'r'Us, and getting that slime in a can. And every time I beat my buddies, fling some at them and their bows.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Even after the beating, I could still claim victory, and first blood. :)

Z-Rider
12-16-2010, 06:17 PM

I like it!:woohoo:

mfr22@msn.com
12-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Me and my Elites are personally responsible for at last 5 of my friends switching to Elite in the last year, and I have a couple of other "diehards" that I'm working on. Once I get my Pure and Tour, I think I will add to that list!

rembrandt
12-16-2010, 08:49 PM
All these posts are sweet on the eyes and ears. I don't have any knowledge of how many I've influenced to buy a new Elite but I talk the Elites up all the time around here and on AT.

Cousin
12-16-2010, 10:45 PM
So......how did you like the release? Ha!

ntypicl11
12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
It's the older one, and I'm not quite sure! It has alot of travel, but thats okay for now. It showed me how much I have been punching lately. It's a good in-between.

I took it out hunting yesterday. Now thats where I like it!!! Just hang it on the string ready to go. Never had a t-handle before, so I am getting used to the different anchor. I would like to try a new model, to see if the different trigger mech is that much better, I'm sure it is. I just prefer the caliper style over the hook. I have to steal my other release back from my son to try on the Pulse yet. It is the concho fletch hunter. My most accurate release to date. I am just talking in terms of how they work for me and my anchor. Just an ugly release! I would hate to hook it to such a nice looking bow!