PDA

View Full Version : Lousy 2011 Pure

bloodtrail1
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
The more I shoot my Pure.......that stupid bow has me thinking I need to have a Hunter or Tour also! :eek:
Thinking maybe I need to sell/trade off my 2008.5 Z-28 with 2010 Cams on a Hunter!
I really dont need to have my mind thinking things like this.........once I start....you know I cant stop thinking about it until I do it! :)

bbmclain
12-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I hear ya!!!! After shooting my PURE for a SHORT time, I sold my Z28 and have a PULSE on order. I sure hope the HUNTER fever doesn't get hold of me too.

standsitter
12-19-2010, 07:08 PM
I think many are in the same boat. That Pure is simply awesome isn't it ??

mongopino915
12-19-2010, 07:08 PM
I hear ya as well!!!!!! That's way I am not test driving any more Elite bows.

standsitter
12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
I hear ya as well!!!!!! That's way I am not test driving any more Elite bows.

Honestly, this is the only way..................

bloodtrail1
12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
I think many are in the same boat. That Pure is simply awesome isn't it ??

Yes it is!
Thats why If I were to get another 2011 .....I think I might "have" to have a Hunter! Replace my Z-28 with it...............

cicero
12-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Honestly, this is the only way..................

true that. got my new pure in front of the tree, thinking to myself if one is great, then two is freakin' awesome!

rembrandt
12-19-2010, 07:47 PM
true that. got my new pure in front of the tree, thinking to myself if one is great, then two is freakin' awesome!

I guess thats why I am buying two PURES.

eagle-357
12-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Multipul 2011s is a good thing.

I keep playing with my Hunter, longing for my Tour and thinking to myself that the Pulse was pretty darn close to the Hunter...

IRISH66
12-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes it is!
Thats why If I were to get another 2011 .....I think I might "have" to have a Hunter! Replace my Z-28 with it...............
Do it!!!!!!!
You will LOVE IT:) I am going to start hanging from a pull up bar twice a day until my draw length gets to 27 1/2" then it is PURE time.

eagle-357
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Do it!!!!!!!
You will LOVE IT:) I am going to start hanging from a pull up bar twice a day until my draw length gets to 27 1/2" then it is PURE time.

I actually laughed at that.

Hunterpete
12-19-2010, 09:17 PM
I actually can shoot the Pure a little longer in draw length due to the string angle. I am shooting the Hunter at 27.5" and I will shoot the Pure at 28". This is especially true if I shoot a thumb release for target.

Pete

jamesbowman
12-19-2010, 09:18 PM
My lousy Pure is making me think I want another one just like it- I just won my first indoor 3-D shoot of the year with that lousy bow. The more I shoot it the more I love it. I bought a used GT-500 of of Remy but I just can't shoot it after I shot the Pure for a while- There is no comparison in the draw.

Hunterpete
12-19-2010, 09:22 PM
This is what we were trying to say when everyone was bashing us for our 2011 specs.

jamesbowman
12-19-2010, 09:29 PM
I love the 2011 specs- To me the Pure is the ultimate bow. I am just getting used to it and am shooting lights out. I am shooting in the hunter class with it now and just ordered a new CBE set up for it to jump up to the pro class and if I could ever afford it get another one and have one set up for hunter and one for pro class. I like the bow that well. There is a ton of guys coming up and asking me about the bow at the shoots and compliment on the looks and want to know which Elite that is.

rembrandt
12-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I love the 2011 specs- To me the Pure is the ultimate bow. I am just getting used to it and am shooting lights out. I am shooting in the hunter class with it now and just ordered a new CBE set up for it to jump up to the pro class and if I could ever afford it get another one and have one set up for hunter and one for pro class. I like the bow that well. There is a ton of guys coming up and asking me about the bow at the shoots and compliment on the looks and want to know which Elite that is.

I see you got the GT500.....maybe you can use it as a back-up bow. Hard to believe the PURES are that much better but I will have more expierance with it tomorrow. I know I love the draw cycle. There will be two PURES in my house but one goes to my son. Its a pretty bow with AP limbs and black riser. Mine will be a Ninja. Looks like mine won't be in till after the year ends. I don't know when they will shut down for Christmas but I'm pretty sure it will be after the 1st before I get mine.

IRISH66
12-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I actually can shoot the Pure a little longer in draw length due to the string angle. I am shooting the Hunter at 27.5" and I will shoot the Pure at 28". This is especially true if I shoot a thumb release for target.

Pete

I should be able to get away with a 27 1/2 on the Pure then? HHHHHMMMMMM!!!!!!
I could always do a little twisting and untwisting to get to 27 1/4 with out any problems either!

eagle-357
12-19-2010, 10:38 PM
I should be able to get away with a 27 1/2 on the Pure then? HHHHHMMMMMM!!!!!!
I could always do a little twisting and untwisting to get to 27 1/4 with out any problems either!

Come on, just tell Rick what color, and he will set you up.
He's good like that. :2thunbs:

IRISH66
12-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Come on, just tell Rick what color, and he will set you up.
He's good like that. :2thunbs:
Oh I do know that! Now I need to Have you guys(Rick) explain it to Patti!
I think Rick can talk to her with a little better view on the very important reasons behind buying another new bow, like ...... They are cool and all the other kids are getting Pures.
I would even sacrifice my GT500 to make it happen!!!!!!

out west
12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Question for you guys that own the Pure (and the other 2011's for that matter). I shot the Pure for the first time this week, and was just amazed at how smooth the draw was on that bow. Loved the smooth draw, and loved the very comfortable valley at full draw. The only complaint I had with the bow was that it had a little bit of a kick/hand shock. Not excessive, but noticeable. I installed a small Doinker stabilizer on it to test it at the shop. The stabilizer helped, but did not eliminate it completely. I was just wondering if you owners have been able to eliminate the kick or vibration with these new bows with a hunting stabilizer (not target)? I haven't had the fortune of shooting the Pulse or Hunter yet, but if they are as smooth as the Pure I might have to open my pocket book again this year.

bloodtrail1
12-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Question for you guys that own the Pure (and the other 2011's for that matter). I shot the Pure for the first time this week, and was just amazed at how smooth the draw was on that bow. Loved the smooth draw, and loved the very comfortable valley at full draw. The only complaint I had with the bow was that it had a little bit of a kick/hand shock. Not excessive, but noticeable. I installed a small Doinker stabilizer on it to test it at the shop. The stabilizer helped, but did not eliminate it completely. I was just wondering if you owners have been able to eliminate the kick or vibration with these new bows with a hunting stabilizer (not target)? I haven't had the fortune of shooting the Pulse or Hunter yet, but if they are as smooth as the Pure I might have to open my pocket book again this year.

To be honest....with a B-Stiinger I dont notice any kick/hand shock! :)

Schpankme
12-20-2010, 02:54 AM
The more I shoot my Pure.......that stupid bow has me thinking I need to have a Hunter or Tour also!

I'm thinking the same way; it seems to me if I got the Tour, me and the Pure could have some really good match shooting in the backyard. >:)

jamesbowman
12-20-2010, 10:12 AM

I do not notice any handshock with sights and stablizer- I have a doinker 11" on mine now. I do not mind a little bow feedback espicially for target shooting but I just do not notice when my bow goes off with the Pure. I do not get any kick as some say the have. maybe with a bare bow you would get some but I don't shoot a bare bow so and don't know who does either.

out west
12-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I do not notice any handshock with sights an stablizer- I have a doinker 11" on mine now. I do not mind a little bow feedback espicailly for target shooting but I just do not noice when my bow goes off with the Pure. I do not get any kick as some say the have. maybe witha a bre bow you would get some but I don't shoot a bare bow so and don't know who does either.

I was testing the Pure at a local shop. So the bow was bare, except for like a 5" Doinker stabilizer I added to it on a few shots to see the difference bare and with a stabilizer. I still noticed the kick a little bit, even with the stabilizer. But I was curious if the kick was able to be eliminated with a loaded bow? I was very impressed with the bow, despite the small kick. I'm looking forward to trying out the Pulse and Hunter as well.

thumper
12-20-2010, 01:16 PM
The only vibes I get from my Pure are good vibes . Bow is dead in hand , noticed no vibes , hand shock , just smooth ,quite , and fast . With or without the stabilizer . I'm real happy . :woohoo:

KodiakArcher
12-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I was testing the Pure at a local shop. So the bow was bare, except for like a 5" Doinker stabilizer I added to it on a few shots to see the difference bare and with a stabilizer. I still noticed the kick a little bit, even with the stabilizer. But I was curious if the kick was able to be eliminated with a loaded bow? I was very impressed with the bow, despite the small kick. I'm looking forward to trying out the Pulse and Hunter as well.

If you're worried about the kick with the Pure then the Hunter is the bow for you. I was flat amazed with that thing when I shot it for the first time yesterday.

I wonder what a Hunter would be like with Pure cams on it?... I'll probably know by the end of the summer.