PDA

View Full Version : GTO arrived in 2 wks !!!!

Boch
04-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I picked up my GTO last FRI. from OLDE English archery, I luckly only had to wait 2 wks. I set it up sat. with a limbsaver rest.spothogg hunter site,an a fuse stabilizer. 30" @71lbs,shooting a 364grn beman ics. this set up chronoed at 338/339 6 shots in a row,with a meta peep an string loop.I,m just up set that I didn't order 2,G1 camo is what I got,just wish I would have ordered the ninja also.:thanks:OLDE English......

Maybee-R
04-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Welcome. I feel the same way. I wished I bought two.

archer1983
04-01-2008, 10:00 AM
2 weeks? :bomb:

KARBON
04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
:badpc:My thoughts exactly 1983...

HVAC/R Hunter
04-01-2008, 01:10 PM
The exact bow that I ordered 6 weeks ago and I am still waiting on mine!

Oh well!

Takeum
04-01-2008, 01:16 PM
6 weeks here today also HVAC....60lb Ninja GTO... will the suffering ever end?:mooner:

NJBuckBuster
04-01-2008, 01:24 PM
You have to remember they build what they have parts for.. If they have all camo 70lb limbs that is what they will build.. So they may be waiting on parts for some bows while others they have there....

NJBB

HVAC/R Hunter
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
You have to remember they build what they have parts for.. If they have all camo 70lb limbs that is what they will build.. So they may be waiting on parts for some bows while others they have there....

NJBB

No really this is the EXACT bow I ordered.....70# G1 camo in 30" DL. No excuses that they build what they can. This is the exact parts it would have taken to build mine. It ain't a big deal, but I have heard that they build what they can before.

nebling
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Is that Olde English in Tipp City, OH??? I had no idea they were an Elite Dealer.

archer1983
04-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Is that Olde English in Tipp City, OH??? I had no idea they were an Elite Dealer.

dont be gettin any ideas nub :nono: :28:

nebling
04-01-2008, 03:51 PM
dont be gettin any ideas nub :nono: :28:

Don't be ridiculous Archer:nono:

I just wonder if there is another shop in the USA called Old English, or if it's the one in Tipp City. Did not know they sold Elite!

Deer30
04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Olde English is now an Elite Dealer. Mathews, Bowtech and Elite. I think Jennings as well

ItsNotEnvy-GTO
04-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Got mine in three weeks and one day. You need to find a dealer that is willing to order one at time, instead of waiting until he gets ten orders in.

Elite_Brad
04-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I can guarantee you that dealer waited longer then two weeks from the time he ordered.

HVAC/R Hunter
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I can guarantee you that dealer waited longer then two weeks from the time he ordered.

This is exactly what I was figuring.

Maybee-R
04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Its also april fools day.:welcome:

archer1983
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Don't be ridiculous Archer:nono:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/rompnandstompn/plain.jpg

nstrut
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
So, you guys that are familiar with Olde Engilsh in Tipp City, Ohio....what do you think of them?

If you go to Olde English you know Kenny. He knows his stuff, I will give him that. However, he has a way of making you feel like the most stupid person on the planet. I have spent countless hours there making an effort to learn from him and each time I end up walking away feeeling belittled.

Do it the Olde English way or no way. I got tired of that mentality. I've spent a TON of money there and each time I walk in the door they act like it's the first time they ever saw me.

They have enough customers and sell enough bows that they have started treating people like numbers.

I'm pretty unhappy with them.

Anyone else?

Michael
04-02-2008, 09:06 AM
It may have taken you two weeks to get it, but Olde English ordered it well before that. I know they were complaining about how long it takes to get bows.

Deer30
04-02-2008, 09:28 AM
So, you guys that are familiar with Olde Engilsh in Tipp City, Ohio....what do you think of them?

If you go to Olde English you know Kenny. He knows his stuff, I will give him that. However, he has a way of making you feel like the most stupid person on the planet. I have spent countless hours there making an effort to learn from him and each time I end up walking away feeeling belittled.

Do it the Olde English way or no way. I got tired of that mentality. I've spent a TON of money there and each time I walk in the door they act like it's the first time they ever saw me.

They have enough customers and sell enough bows that they have started treating people like numbers.

I'm pretty unhappy with them.

Anyone else?

I have to daisagree with you. Ken has his method and spill down. That guy is one great character. I know what you mean about feeling belittled though. He does have the potential to make you feel that way. Ken means well. If u go back just say hey, I give this place money atleast you could remember my face. :Boos20: That guy has put some time into my bow. I will vouch for Ken anytime.

With all that being said, I now support my little non-sleeping buddy Michael. Great Dude right there. Just if he would get my stabilizer to me.

nstrut
04-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Deer30,

Please take a second and re-read my post.

I did say that Kenny knows his stuff. I never have felt otherwise. He has his beliefs and he sticks with them. Maybe too much at times. The good thing always is, even if you disagree with him, he will back up his theories.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it's the way he goes about explaining things makes you feel belittled. Maybe it's a personality conflict.

I am in no way bad-mouthing Kenny or Olde English. I'm not about that. I am just stating that I have been disappointed in the way I feel when I leave there each time I go.

They are my closest local shop, and after driving over an hour each way to get there, leaving feeling frustrated isn't what I want. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way?

I think you have an idea of where I'm coming from. I started going there 12 years ago and have bought my share of bows and accesories from them. They have grown and are so busy now that it is not as personal as it once was.

12 years and thousands of dollars later and I still get asked "Have you ever bought a bow from us before?" :scratchhead:

It's a good shop. Things have changed though. When they have time, they do have great service.

I guess different strokes for different folks. Maybe I don't have thick enough skin to deal with Kenny.

Thanks for your insight.

Deer30
04-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Deer30,

Please take a second and re-read my post.

I did say that Kenny knows his stuff. I never have felt otherwise. He has his beliefs and he sticks with them. Maybe too much at times. The good thing always is, even if you disagree with him, he will back up his theories.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it's the way he goes about explaining things makes you feel belittled. Maybe it's a personality conflict.

I am in no way bad-mouthing Kenny or Olde English. I'm not about that. I am just stating that I have been disappointed in the way I feel when I leave there each time I go.

They are my closest local shop, and after driving over an hour each way to get there, leaving feeling frustrated isn't what I want. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way?

I think you have an idea of where I'm coming from. I started going there 12 years ago and have bought my share of bows and accesories from them. They have grown and are so busy now that it is not as personal as it once was.

12 years and thousands of dollars later and I still get asked "Have you ever bought a bow from us before?" :scratchhead:

It's a good shop. Things have changed though. When they have time, they do have great service.

I guess different strokes for different folks. Maybe I don't have thick enough skin to deal with Kenny.

Thanks for your insight.

I know exactly where you are coming from. When I first met Ken I thought to myself, this guy just is full of it and is just a salesman. I am sorry if you thought I was being rude. I was just letting you know I know where you could feel that way.

nstrut
04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I know exactly where you are coming from. When I first met Ken I thought to myself, this guy just is full of it and is just a salesman. I am sorry if you thought I was being rude. I was just letting you know I know where you could feel that way.

Nope, I didn't think you were being rude at all. In fact, I was happy someone else had any experience at all with the shop.

I think you've made an excellent choice with Michael. I've spoken with him a few times in PM's and he really seems like a straight shooter. Chillicothe is a bit far from me, but I'll be making the trip once it's time for another new bow!