PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating news for me

cokepelli
04-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with the dealer that I had supposedly ordered a LH 08 Synergy from. He told me that he spoke to Elite and was told that they haven't even started making 08 LH Synergy's yet! What the crap? I wish I had been told that before. I have only been waiting 2 weeks but had I been told this before I would have been happy with the 07 model they have on clearance. Now I have a decision to make. They gave me some options to think about.
1) Get my downpayment returned and maybe put it towards a non-elite bow.
2) Order a LH GTO and start a very long wait all over.
or
3) Purchase the 07 model which isn't exactly the color I would prefer. (Black riser and not camo)

Anybody have any advice on what I should do???

2xR
04-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Take the 07 AT (black riser) edition for a discount...!!!

archer1983
04-11-2008, 06:04 PM
option 1 for me.

vhunter
04-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Well just to let you know if you chose option 2 your wait will probably be just as long. I talked to elite today and lefty gto's haven't started yet either. I was told they MIGHT start production in about 2 weeks.

jcmorgan31
04-11-2008, 06:20 PM
What about option 4? Learn to shoot right handed!!! :nahnahbooboo:

If I already had a bow to shoot, I'd wait out the GTO.

cokepelli
04-11-2008, 06:25 PM
What about option 4? Learn to shoot right handed!!! :nahnahbooboo:

If I already had a bow to shoot, I'd wait out the GTO.

I started off RH but after shooting for 4 years I am switching due to eye dominance issues.

jcmorgan31
04-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I started off RH but after shooting for 4 years I am switching due to eye dominance issues.

I was just messin with ya. Being comfortable and confident are a big factor in shooting well. Good luck with whichever choice you make.... :thumb:

ccasanova
04-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I know waiting sux, 8 1/2 weeks for me, but the GTO is worth it. I'm not sure how long you would actually have to wait for a lefty, but they are great bows. I hated waiting, but I'm glad I did. I plan on keeping my GTO for a long time.

dch3k
04-11-2008, 10:04 PM
just close your left eye so you can be right handed.........:D........seriously you got to make that call what ever make ya happy!

cokepelli
04-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, I am going to the dealer tomorrow to shoot the 07 model again. I have a feeling I may just take the one they have and have instant gratification. I also think that after shooting it again I will remember why I am choosing elite and love it. :dancebanana1si:

mechnik
04-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm with Archer, Option 1. Get something else and in a couple of years 350 fps will be common. Then you and I both will have two bows. Besides you will be hunting or practicing before the first bow get it's limbs put on.

mdewitt71
04-19-2008, 10:04 AM
yep, Option 1for this lefty as well..............
I ain't got time to throw big $$$ down and wait too long on a Lefty bow when other companys have had thier Southpaw models out for sometime.....

Especially if they don't get here till a month or two before Deer season like last year. :violin:

Playingthewind
04-19-2008, 10:20 AM
I guess i have never understood what the hurry is to get a hunting bow before August. It only takes a couple of days to get one ready to go and it is not rocket science to get use to shooting a new bow. The American way is to want something yesterday and then wish you had waited for what you really wanted in the first place. You will regret not waiting on the left handed GTO if that is what you really want. Just my opinion.

vhunter
04-19-2008, 10:31 AM
I guess i have never understood what the hurry is to get a hunting bow before August. It only takes a couple of days to get one ready to go and it is not rocket science to get use to shooting a new bow. The American way is to want something yesterday and then wish you had waited for what you really wanted in the first place. You will regret not waiting on the left handed GTO if that is what you really want. Just my opinion.

Because some times there are problems with the bow, cracked limbs, bad strings, etc, that take time to get repaired. If something goes wrong a month before season you are SOL.

Scablands
04-19-2008, 10:33 AM
I waited at least two months for my first Elite E-force maybe more. I got it the first or second week of August and was happily hunting by September first.
Then the trouble began, I bought another E-Force and two E-500's used and finally a GTO from Oldbuck this year. Last year I shot my E-500 against a few bows including Bowtech and PSE, there was nothing to make me change. The E-500 isn't far behind the GTO still.

Playingthewind
04-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Because some times there are problems with the bow, cracked limbs, bad strings, etc, that take time to get repaired. If something goes wrong a month before season you are SOL.

You are sol anytime a limb or string fails. Do you buy a vehicle a year before you go on vacation just in case the engine or tranny go bad in the first couple of months? The pesimistic view of any new purchase can always look bleak. That is why i prefer the optimistic view. Wait and get what you really want. A couple of months in mid year are not a big deal.

vhunter
04-19-2008, 10:56 AM
You are sol anytime a limb or string fails. Do you buy a vehicle a year before you go on vacation just in case the engine or tranny go bad in the first couple of months? The pesimistic view of any new purchase can always look bleak. That is why i prefer the optimistic view. Wait and get what you really want. A couple of months in mid year are not a big deal.

I know your probably right, but i have a big trip planned this year and I'm a little nervous. Just me I guess, I'm sure everything will probably be fine.

HoPaLONg
04-19-2008, 11:03 AM
wait for the GTO you will not be let down! its worth the wait. or buy the at edition and get it dipped1

HoPaLONg
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
just wondering are your dealers making you put money down (some or all)on a bow they dont have? i ordered mine straight frome the source and they just charged you when it left the building. also i think they already said the GTO will be the only LH bow this year.?.
::dont want to hijack but someone mentioned money down::

tim doll
04-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I put some money down but was also going to have them put on the rest, sight, quiver, and some other things so didn't feel that was asking too much. I don't mind the wait when your getting the Elite. :2thunbs:

archer58inPA
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
The inside info I got was that Elite was not making ANY LH bows this year other than the GTO. The good news is that in '09 , they will offer 3-4 LH models shortly after the beginning of RH production.

Lh hand models will be more readily available next year. Take Heart. :yay_jump:

cokepelli
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM

The "hurry" for me is that I will absolutely not go into the woods unless I am 100% on and comfortable with the bow. I think I owe it to the deer. In order to do this I feel I need as much time as possible shooting...especially since I am switching from RH to LH.
As an update, I heard from the source (Kristin) that the only LH model going to be produced this year is the GTO. I choose to go with the 07 Synergy that my dealer had on clearance. So, I ended up saving $150 and I just got the call today that it is ready to be picked-up! Now the fun begins.:2thunbs:

trophytaker75
04-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I would defanately get the 07 model it is faster then the 08 it is as fast as the gto but has a longer valley.The 08 line is smother and has a smoother transition into the valley but for me and most of the people i know they prefer the 07 synergy over the 08.The AT edition black riser is awesome looking you wont be sorry.I would get a set of strings ordered for it as the vapor trail strings have been known to come apart taking the shoter and limbs wiht it.I would suggest Tiny's bowstrings they are not as expaensive as most and they are far superior to allot of others out there.I know they were allot better then the set of neally strings elite sent me.

mechnik
04-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know were I can pick up an 07 L/H Synergy in the south Texas area?

mdewitt71
04-19-2008, 10:25 PM
The inside info I got was that Elite was not making ANY LH bows this year other than the GTO. The good news is that in '09 , they will offer 3-4 LH models shortly after the beginning of RH production.

Lh hand models will be more readily available next year. Take Heart. :yay_jump:

So is this new news????
I was told in Sept thru an email with Elite that the GTO and Aigil would be offered in LH but there "might" be a surcharge for both.
Just looking to see what is "really" offered this year as I already gave up my Synergy. :tape2: not too mention, I am in Iraq till DEC. :jail:

realmfg
04-19-2008, 10:55 PM
GTO all the way

archer58inPA
04-19-2008, 11:46 PM
So is this new news????
I was told in Sept thru an email with Elite that the GTO and Aigil would be offered in LH but there "might" be a surcharge for both.
Just looking to see what is "really" offered this year as I already gave up my Synergy. :tape2: not too mention, I am in Iraq till DEC. :jail:

I don't think Elite had enough LH Aigil orders to justify production. And remember that the GTO is in great demand and has probably taken up production capacity. Just guessing on that.

hookie25
04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
:oh_really:Anybody know if they started production on the LH GTO's yet. Not getting impatient in the least.......Yeah right!!!!!!

sts3d
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh really? I refuse to HUNT with a bow until every detail is taken care of and I have learned where the arrow will hit for every pin and gap, how it shoots from a treestand with my hunting garb on etc. Call me picky BUT I don't miss too often. I'm kinda the same way for the IBO triple crown 3d's I will not take a bow that isn't perfectly dialed in. If i'm gonna spend the time and money I want to be prepared to win with NO excuses ( which we all hear at the tournys). My .02. Sean

sts3d
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM
The "hurry" for me is that I will absolutely not go into the woods unless I am 100% on and comfortable with the bow. I think I owe it to the deer. In order to do this I feel I need as much time as possible shooting...especially since I am switching from RH to LH.
As an update, I heard from the source (Kristin) that the only LH model going to be produced this year is the GTO. I choose to go with the 07 Synergy that my dealer had on clearance. So, I ended up saving $150 and I just got the call today that it is ready to be picked-up! Now the fun begins.:2thunbs:
Nice! We think alot a like.

vhunter
04-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I heard end of May beginning of June. Anybody else hear anything different. I would also like to now if production has started yet or not. Are the risers cut?