PDA

View Full Version : bow vise?

tweedy306
07-17-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm in the market for a new bow vise just wondering what yall would buy
thanks Wes

shootstraight
07-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I just picked up a VersaCradle from Wes at Smithmountain Archery, absolutely the easiest and most versatile vise I've used. Should have don't this a log time ago!

mfr22@msn.com
07-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I have a RAM micro-adjustable vise. Very easy to level bow to set nocking point and level all axis's on sights. Very well built.

Oregonbowhunter
07-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Depends on what your going to use it for? If you are just using to hold your bow for simple tasks like mounting rests tying in peeps or putting on a rest or D-loop then you can do what I did and go down and get a Staley clamp on vise. It clamps onto your bench then has a vise head that is attached to a ball socket that then allows you to adjust your bow to whatever angle you would like and it's rock solid at any angle. I think it cost me about $25.00

OBH

BlindBuck
07-17-2011, 09:48 PM
I have an Apple Bow Vise...nothing to write home about but it has done everything I ever needed for the last 13yrs.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

tweedy306
07-17-2011, 10:08 PM
I just picked up a VersaCradle from Wes at Smithmountain Archery, absolutely the easiest and most versatile vise I've used. Should have don't this a log time ago!

does he keep stuff like that in stock I've never been there before
thanks for the suggestions keepem coming

shootstraight
07-17-2011, 10:27 PM
does he keep stuff like that in stock I've never been there before
thanks for the suggestions keepem coming

No, he ordered it for me but you're welcome to ck mine out if you like, I live about two miles past the airport on 29 south.

tweedy306
07-18-2011, 09:17 PM
No, he ordered it for me but you're welcome to ck mine out if you like, I live about two miles past the airport on 29 south.

thanks for the offer Nick I will try to PM you later this week.I'm working 12 hour days this week.