PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shouldn't I?

Don Beaver
12-20-2011, 06:04 PM
So, I've recently fallen in love with the Reverse AT fad that's been sweeping the forums and have decided to have my riser dipped in camo. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to do the string stop, as well... But, I'm really wrestling with the decision on whether or not to have the cams dipped...

What say you, EAF? Should I... or shouldn't I?

BlindBuck
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
String stop yes, why? It will look better:)

CAMs no, I wouldn't risk it people I know who have had CAMs done ended up stripping it off.

Wideback
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
I personally wouldn't have the cams dipped but that's just me.

What bow and what camo are going with?

Don Beaver
12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I have a Pulse, but the camo is yet to be determined. I have it narrowed down, but haven't made a definite decision, yet. I want to do something unique, that nobody else has.

Dv8tion
12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Top limb RED, riser WHITE,bottom limb BLUE

Don Beaver
12-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Top limb RED, riser WHITE,bottom limb BLUE

Umm, no thanks... :rolleyes:

Maybee-R
12-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I like the looks of a camo cam. But I would be afraid of the effects. I mean I can change strand counts and loose speed or serving size and it makes a difference. As for the reverse AT Its growing on me. I use to think it was proof of a replaced set of limbs on a bow that broke or was mistreated. "I know its not" but thats what I thought. And for the suppressor arm Yes.

Perry24
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Suppressor arm - yes
Cams - no

I plan on my next bow being a reverse AT in AP Snow.

TEXAS 10PT
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
If you could get them annodized in camo I'd say yes but film dipping cams is a no no. Voids the warranty too. You probably have alot of access to cams though.

TEXAS

archer58inPA
12-20-2011, 08:13 PM
I like the looks of camo cams , but if they are dipped it may cause a problem like Rick and Jeff stated.
HOWEVER, if you can get the dip done with the grooves covered, ( I don't think it should be hard for an expierenced tech) so the string groove tolerences are not affected...I'd do it.

bucktrout
12-20-2011, 09:02 PM
no on cams.

eltaco
12-20-2011, 11:36 PM
I like the looks of a camo cam. But I would be afraid of the effects. I mean I can change strand counts and loose speed or serving size and it makes a difference. As for the reverse AT Its growing on me. I use to think it was proof of a replaced set of limbs on a bow that broke or was mistreated. "I know its not" but thats what I thought. And for the suppressor arm Yes.

Just quoting this for later. I don't want to forget when you finally began to see the light. :D

To the OP.... I like to think that I am the king of Reverse AT around these parts. I've reverse AT'd every stock pattern and even did a reverse AT predator brown deception... which brings me to my next point: Predator has already been done and is therefore unoriginal... that, and I'll certainly be doing another and don't want to see another like it when its done! LOL!

Stixshooter
12-21-2011, 12:06 AM
No, contrast is good

JHENS87
12-21-2011, 12:22 AM
I had a solid camo bow, cams and all. i wish the cams werent camo on it. Prefer the black cams

Don Beaver
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
To the OP.... I like to think that I am the king of Reverse AT around these parts. I've reverse AT'd every stock pattern and even did a reverse AT predator brown deception... which brings me to my next point: Predator has already been done and is therefore unoriginal... that, and I'll certainly be doing another and don't want to see another like it when its done! LOL!

I've seen your bows. They're part of my motivation. I think Max-1, Predator and Snow bows all look amazing Reverse AT'd... But, the fact that they've all been done by several on this forum leaves me wanting to do something a little different. I want to have a bow a little unlike any of those that I have seen... Therefore, yours is safe. :)

P.Smash
12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Cams no.
Supressor arm yes.

The reverse AT bug has just started to get to me. El Taco's bows actually peeked my interest. I still think I prefer the solid color/camo.......but I'm definitely liking AT/Reverse AT more :)

TX Rattlesnake
12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
String stop yes, cams no.

eltaco
12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
I've seen your bows. They're part of my motivation. I think Max-1, Predator and Snow bows all look amazing Reverse AT'd... But, the fact that they've all been done by several on this forum leaves me wanting to do something a little different. I want to have a bow a little unlike any of those that I have seen... Therefore, yours is safe. :)

I feel honored! Part of me wishes that Elite would simply offer these combinations, as it would save me some time... but then the uniqueness factor would be stripped away.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I have yet to see a Reverse AT bow that I didn't care for.

For what its worth, I've made them Reverse AT with a black suppressor, and IMO, it didn't look right. I personally don't care for camo cams, either, but that's all preference.

Grizz
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Get it done Don, I love mine. I like the black cams with a camoed string stop.

eltaco
12-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Get it done Don, I love mine. I like the black cams with a camoed string stop.

Take good advice from Sean... he has the third sweetest Reverse AT bow I've ever seen! :D

K.Adkins_22
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I love my reverse AT APSnow. I'd like to get a NVG reverse AT

Grizz
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Take good advice from Sean... he has the third sweetest Reverse AT bow I've ever seen! :D

:D :p :p :)

P.Smash
12-21-2011, 03:39 PM
:D :p :p :)

Be the first if it was a GTO instead of a Synergy :nanana:

Rick
02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I have a realtree snow riser with realtree ap limbs. I also have the string suppressor in snow. I was going to get the DLS cams dipped snow but now reading this I'm having second thoughts. It would look cool though.

Pulse76
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Reverse AT looks awesome. How about dipping the riser and suppressor in Optifade camo? I think that would be a unique bow for sure. I had to vote nay for the cams though.

Chief Illiniwek
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Dip the suppressor rod, but not the cams.

Z-Rider
02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I did my Pulse in reverse AT AP Snow and had the cams done by RaHoffer. Bow looked amazing and had lots of compliments! All black accessories really set it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulse76
02-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I did my Pulse in reverse AT AP Snow and had the cams done by RaHoffer. Bow looked amazing and had lots of compliments! All black accessories really set it off.

You have any pics? I'm interested to see how cams look when they've been dipped. Might change my mind if I see one.

mugzzzee
02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm about to get my 2012 Answer dipped in ASAT. I have decided not to do the cams.

Z-Rider
02-12-2012, 07:38 PM
You have any pics? I'm interested to see how cams look when they've been dipped. Might change my mind if I see one.

I will check....

Z-Rider
02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Here is a few of my Pulse.....
http://img.tapatalk.com/61552c84-5a99-390f.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/61552c84-5aa3-6eb8.jpg

Pulse76
02-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Here is a few of my Pulse.....
http://img.tapatalk.com/61552c84-5a99-390f.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/61552c84-5aa3-6eb8.jpg

Wow! I stand corrected. I like those cams!

Z-Rider
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Wow! I stand corrected. I like those cams!

RaHoffer did the dip job on them.

Rick
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
How are the string and cable tracks? Now I'm back thinking to do it. Those cams look great.

Z-Rider
02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
I had zero issues with tuning the bow after he dip job. No change in measured draw weight, let-off, timing, or peak draw weight. I was guessing there would be some change but nothing happened. They were re-installed and never had to do anything with it after that. String and cables did not require a single twist!

I will be sending out my GTO cams in about a month for dip along with the riser.

Aaron/VA
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Man, just a suggestion... Look at Ultimate camo... it would look sick on a bow and def. different... Talk to the guys there, ask for Andy Cuttita, they are awesome people... with an awesome pattern... I've only seen a couple of bows dipped in UC, but mostly by the guys who are with the company...

Just throwing you an idea to have "different camo" I'm loving my Reverse Snow.

http://www.ultimatecamo.com (http://www.ultimatecamo.com/)
http://www.ultimatecamo.com/images/UCCAMOdipping2.jpg