PDA

View Full Version : Single Pin sights....opinions???

Pulse76
02-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I've been noticing lately that my 5 pins are blurring together while shooting. Don't know if age is starting to catch up with my eyes or what. I can still see at distance just fine with my glasses. Thinking about going to a single pin sight with adjustable yardage. Really had my eyes on a CBE Tek Hunter with a vented scope. Looking for opinions of those who shoot this kind of setup. Will be used for hunting and indoor shooting during winter months. It's a pretty penny to buy the setup and my local stores don't carry them. Don't want to drop the cash and hate my decision.

HORSEMOVER
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Sent you a pm with some links...let me know if you have any questions

oli98
02-16-2012, 06:06 PM
There great, vital gear one pin angular slider for me.

deerct101
02-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I have the hha slider on the Pulse I like the single pin but have moved away from that for hunting and have multiple pins on the Hunter.

TEXAS 10PT
02-16-2012, 06:18 PM
I've been noticing lately that my 5 pins are blurring together while shooting. Don't know if age is starting to catch up with my eyes or what. I can still see at distance just fine with my glasses. Thinking about going to a single pin sight with adjustable yardage. Really had my eyes on a CBE Tek Hunter with a vented scope. Looking for opinions of those who shoot this kind of setup. Will be used for hunting and indoor shooting during winter months. It's a pretty penny to buy the setup and my local stores don't carry them. Don't want to drop the cash and hate my decision.

I really like my Tek Hunter with a Viper scope. It takes some modifications for this combo to work but its a really nice set-up.....BTW I have two of these set ups on hunting bows.

TEXAS

wicked ridge
02-16-2012, 06:25 PM
You need a verifier start out with a # 5 ?

Grizz
02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
I really like my Tek Hunter with a Viper scope. It takes some modifications for this combo to work but its a really nice set-up.....BTW I have two of these set ups on hunting bows.

TEXAS3

Post some good pics Jeff. I too have been thinking about going to a single pin setup and I really dont want to nor can afford to do a lot of expermenting. ;)

TEXAS 10PT
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Here Sean I'll post them again.

TEXAS

skeet2224
02-16-2012, 07:47 PM
i shoot a hha sight and love it for hunting and 3d

Petaluma pete
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Single pin Hogg Father. I have it on my answer. Use it for everything and love it. Silent sliding for hunting. Micro adjustment does click but I only use it for fine tuning target shooting.

Pulse76
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Sent you a pm with some links...let me know if you have any questions

Thanks for the info! Pm returned

Pulse76
02-16-2012, 08:41 PM
You need a verifier start out with a # 5 ?

I'm new to this. What is a verifier?

wicked ridge
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
A verifier is like reading glasses for your bow .If you need reading glasses to read thats why your pins are blurred a verifier will clear your pins.

Pulse76
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks! Get it now

skinner2
02-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Watching this thread. I am thinking of going to a single pin sight.

Jim570
02-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Had to put a 4x scope on my HHA to see 3D targets better. Was having trouble seeing the longer targets that weren't well lit. When I did that, could not shoot with my glasses on. Had to put a verifyer in my peep to clear up the pin. I take the lens off to hunt.

theshocker
02-17-2012, 07:00 AM
I know some people love single pin sights for hunting but I am not comfortable with them. I do like the idea of having fewer pins to decrease the clutter. I have had a HHA sight and did really like it. I now have a 3 pin Black Gold Ascent slider and love it. Very little clutter and I can adjust out to 100 yds for target shooting if I want.

Monte
02-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Did you have any problems going from the scope for 3d to no scope for hunting. I am really considering doing the same thing. It is really dark inside where I shoot 3d so I have to turn my sight light on. However, when I do that my 3 pin sight has a halo around the pins. I thought about a verifier, but my dealer said it would not stop the haze. I don't know, but need to figure out something fast. I stopped wearing my contact lenses, and started wearing my glasses to help with the halo.
Had to put a 4x scope on my HHA to see 3D targets better. Was having trouble seeing the longer targets that weren't well lit. When I did that, could not shoot with my glasses on. Had to put a verifyer in my peep to clear up the pin. I take the lens off to hunt.

ratfart
02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
I love the vital gear sights. Well built and well thought out with the brightest pins I've seen.
Startrack is a great model from vital gear : fiber optic yardage markers on the rear, glow tape under the fiber optics, micro windage adjustment.

Sent from the device my wife thinks I'm obsessed with.

Chief Illiniwek
02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
I bought a Boss Hogg this summer and really like it.

ArcherAdam
02-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I like my hha. I like it even more now that they are offering 2nd and 3rd axis this year.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cope
02-17-2012, 07:03 PM
I have used single pin sights in the past but went away from them for a while. I put an HHA on the Answer and i'm back in love with them again. I have the 2" sight housing and i really like the ability to adjust the intensity of the pin. I really never had an issue with having to adjust the yardage for hunting either. Everyone has their own flavor though.

TX Rattlesnake
02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
HHA DS-5019 here. I like the dial much better than the slider while changing yardages when hunting.

Pulse76
02-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Are the dials quiet on the HHA's? Haven't made up my mind yet. Really wish my local store stocked CBE and HHA.

TX Rattlesnake
02-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Pretty quiet. Adjusted mine with a deer less than 5 yards from me in a ground blind

Pulse76
02-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Pretty quiet. Adjusted mine with a deer less than 5 yards from me in a ground blind

That's pretty quiet! Probably more likely to hear me moving into shooting position

TEXAS 10PT
02-18-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm kinda stuck right now. I need a new sight for my new Answer. Since Elite now has CBE I'm hoping that a new variation of the Tek Hunter with a better single pin scope housing is on the horizon. I've also been looking at the Sword Centurion, Viper Micro Tune 1750 and the new Trophy Taker Heartbreaker Pro. Some of these sights aren't even out yet. I'll end up taking one of my Tek Hunters off one of my other bows for now but decisions, decisions!!!!

TEXAS

Pulse76
02-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm kinda stuck right now. I need a new sight for my new Answer. Since Elite now has CBE I'm hoping that a new variation of the Tek Hunter with a better single pin scope housing is on the horizon. I've also been looking at the Sword Centurion, Viper Micro Tune 1750 and the new Trophy Taker Heartbreaker Pro. Some of these sights aren't even out yet. I'll end up taking one of my Tek Hunters off one of my other bows for now but decisions, decisions!!!!

TEXAS

Is there something about the current CBE scopes that you don't like? Just wondering, because I was thinking about ordering the CBE scope with the Tek Hunter bracket. Found a pretty good deal on one. I can't decide between the CBE and HHA though. I like that I can get a 2" scope housing on the HHA and the yardage adjustment is on the back of the sight. CBE looks like a real solid sight, but it's a hard choice without being able to try them out. All my local shop carries are the common multi pin sights (TruGlo, Trophy Ridge, Cobra, etc.).

TX Rattlesnake
02-19-2012, 08:52 AM

TEXAS

I tried a centurion Jeff and they are built like tanks. Might have just been mine, but it did not slide well. I did like the horizontal pin a available with it though.

TEXAS 10PT
02-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Is there something about the current CBE scopes that you don't like? Just wondering, because I was thinking about ordering the CBE scope with the Tek Hunter bracket. Found a pretty good deal on one. I can't decide between the CBE and HHA though. I like that I can get a 2" scope housing on the HHA and the yardage adjustment is on the back of the sight. CBE looks like a real solid sight, but it's a hard choice without being able to try them out. All my local shop carries are the common multi pin sights (TruGlo, Trophy Ridge, Cobra, etc.).

I don't like how the pin fiber comes out of the botton of the scope in the tubing and wraps around the side of it and then attaches to the top of the scope housing with a set screw. I just don't think that would work for hunting.

TEXAS

jjohnson
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
CBE is now offering a rhino pin. It's fully enclosed much like a viper I believe. Not sure how the fibers will travel. I have yet to see one but plan on ordering one this week. They also have a new sight called the Tek-Hybrid. Looks like a sniper with a tek-hunter xl vertical bracket.

TEXAS 10PT
02-19-2012, 12:29 PM
CBE is now offering a rhino pin. It's fully enclosed much like a viper I believe. Not sure how the fibers will travel. I have yet to see one but plan on ordering one this week. They also have a new sight called the Tek-Hybrid. Looks like a sniper with a tek-hunter xl vertical bracket.

Now you're talking. I guess it just takes a bit to update the website with new additions. Of all the sights I've ever owned, CBE is the best built without a doubt. I have a Sure-Loc Sportsman Special (which is very expensive) and I don't think it holds a candle to CBE. I'll just use another sight on my Answer for now and wait for the new CBE's to come out.

TEXAS

Don Beaver
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
I've been using a MBG Ascent and have really liked it, but I just ordered a CBE Tek Hunter with the newer, better protected pin, myself. The first time I put my hands on the CBE it was very apparent that it is just sooo well built. I had to have one.

Pulse76
02-19-2012, 01:22 PM
They also have a new sight called the Tek-Hybrid. Looks like a sniper with a tek-hunter xl vertical bracket.

Saw that on a post on AT. Here is the pic they showed:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z363/bishobi/tekhybrid.jpg

HORSEMOVER
02-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Just got my Tek Target along with a Tek Hunter bar & block. This thing is built...can't wait to bolt this on one of my rigs and give it a try. Now what do I put it on??????

KevinNY
02-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Where did you order it like that, direct from CBE?

HORSEMOVER
02-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Got it from a member here on EAF. He ordered the extra bar and block direct from CBE I believe.

Grizz
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Post up some pics HM. Put it on either the goat or get a sbh energy. ;)

Karbon
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Tek Target is ordered for
THE Answer.

bukhuntr
02-21-2012, 07:00 PM
going to cast my vote for the sword centurion. the new 2012 models are very nice