PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Kentucky_31
03-07-2012, 02:56 AM
I currently shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. I have had it since Mathews first introduced it. Needless to say I love it and it has seen a lot blood. I am currently wanting to purchase a new bow. I am a Mathews man by heart. I have owned an FX, Q2 and Outback. I am debating on either the new Helim or Monster MR8. I am not getting rid of my Switchback, I guess I'm just in the mood for a new toy. I do shoot 4d competitions just for recreation. I was just wondering if any one could help decide between the Helim or the Monster

Rgarbarino
03-07-2012, 03:40 AM
And you're asking this on the elite forum......

Timber Trophies
03-07-2012, 06:19 AM
I was the same way when the MR6 and Z7 Magnum came out. I had it in my head I was going to get one or the other before I ever shot them. Ended up with the Magnum after shooting only 2 bows because I was so brand biased. I was an idiot and cheated myself out of getting what I really wanted in a bow. I stumbled on an Elite Pulse shortly after getting the magnum and just couldn't like my Mathews after that. No comparison, heck I didn't even know what a backwall was when I shot Mathews. Sold it as soon as deer season ended and started shooting lots of bows(with an open mind) to find the one for me, including Hoyts which as a former Mathews fanboy I would have never done before. Guess what, I liked them better than the Mathews which was tough to admit at first. However the Elite Answer was the one that I just couldn't put down, so that's what I ordered. Try to put brand biased opinions aside and go shoot everything you can get your hands on and really dissect the draw/hold/shot cycle of each. I think if you can make yourself do that you'll be happier in the long run.

kydirtbag
03-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Asking what Mathews bow to shoot on another forum is like going to Burger King & asking what to order on a pizza...just saying

Rev'd e500-Yeti built

seejakerun
03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Yep Mathews has there own forum as well, nice first post and welcome to EAF .

Maybee-R
03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
MR8 would be my choice. Helim is to **** short. But the Elite Answer in my opinion is a better choice all around. Check one out.

IRISH66
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Buy an Elite.......... I tried one and sold my Switchback right away. they are that good!!!

At least try one

Randy D
03-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Kentucky-31 welcome to the Elite forum. Pay no attention to some of the previous responses. Some guys get their panties in a wad when someone whispers the name of Another bow manufacturer. What they were so impolitely trying to say is that this is the Elite forum for discussions on Elite bows. Do a search on the web and you will be able to locate the Mathews forum. If you have a chance to shoot an Elite and compare it to the Mathews you will probably like the Elite a little more. Good luck in whatever bow you choose.

Maybee-R
03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Kentucky-31 welcome to the Elite forum. Pay no attention to some of the previous responses. Some guys get their panties in a wad when someone whispers the name of Another bow manufacturer. What they were so impolitely trying to say is that this is the Elite forum for discussions on Elite bows. Do a search on the web and you will be able to locate the Mathews forum. If you have a chance to shoot an Elite and compare it to the Mathews you will probably like the Elite a little more. Good luck in whatever bow you choose.
Mine are wadded up from this dumb chair I set in. Maybe I should go out and shoot or walk around or something. lol.

archerdan007
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Only way to really determine which is better for you is to find a dealer where you can shoot both and decide for yourself. What's better for one person isn't always better for another.

bucktrout
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
the challenge is the switchback xt was one of the best bows mathews ever made. most of my friends will not upgrade to a new mathews because for them it's a lateral move at best. That said, if your keeping your switchback, go for the monster. personally i think they are great bow.

Randy D
03-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Mine are wadded up from this dumb chair I set in. Maybe I should go out and shoot or walk around or something. lol.

Mine haven't had a chance to get bunched up today! I'm short handed so i have been having to hoof it today! Only time I have set down was for break and now lunch aka nap time! Lol

kydirtbag
03-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Just for the record my panties aren't in a wad. I don't care what brand of bow one shoots. My point is if you want the answer you're looking for you may want to ask the question in an atmosphere that the subject truly applies. You don't go to a heart doctor for a broken toe...that's my point

Rev'd e500-Yeti built

Kentucky_31
03-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Just for the record my panties aren't in a wad. I don't care what brand of bow one shoots. My point is if you want the answer you're looking for you may want to ask the question in an atmosphere that the subject truly applies. You don't go to a heart doctor for a broken toe...that's my point

Rev'd e500-Yeti built

I greatly apologize for posting on YOUR forum page. Was looking for some advice from people who weren't Mathews fans but might know a little bit about other bows than the ones they own. Won't ask again. Thanks to all of u who have me in bias reviews.

Kentucky_31
03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Gave me un bias reviews". Sorry

Claydoh
03-07-2012, 04:02 PM
I have not heard great things about the Helium. I would try and shoot a MR8. And really, if it doesn't knock your socks off, save your money till one does. I understand the "I want something new" feeling but bows ain't cheap. Maybe a new release would satisfy you. Just saying.

kydirtbag
03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
I have owned sbxt & monster bows. Just think that you would have better luck with mathews shooters. I can't give you a fair comparison because I don't care for any of the mathews bows
If you like them best that's cool. This ain't my forum I just hang out & apparently offend people. Im sorry for that

Rev'd e500-Yeti built

thumper
03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Kydirtbag , I agree , seems sorta strange . :shakehands:

Stoney
03-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Kydirtbag , I agree , seems sorta strange . :shakehands:

He stated......."I greatly apologize for posting on YOUR forum page. Was looking for some advice from people who weren't Mathews fans but might know a little bit about other bows than the ones they own."

I wasn't sure what a "fan boy" really was, now I know:loco:

thumper
03-07-2012, 11:28 PM
At least today wasn't wasted , you learned something new . :duhclap:

Stoney
03-08-2012, 07:14 AM
At least today wasn't wasted , you learned something new . :duhclap:

ha ha, "that right there is funny, I don't care who you are"

ozzz
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
If I were in your shoes, I probably wouldnt give up the Switchback XT (which is largely regarded as one of if not the best hutning bow of all time) for a Helium (which has had mixed reviews at best) or an MR8.

I shot the Helium and though it shot good, typical Mathews feel but it isnt any different except for being a little lighter and maybe cheaper on the parts.

I have not shot the MR8.

teflonhunter
03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I currently shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. I have had it since Mathews first introduced it. Needless to say I love it and it has seen a lot blood. I am currently wanting to purchase a new bow. I am a Mathews man by heart. I have owned an FX, Q2 and Outback. I am debating on either the new Helim or Monster MR8. I am not getting rid of my Switchback, I guess I'm just in the mood for a new toy. I do shoot 4d competitions just for recreation. I was just wondering if any one could help decide between the Helim or the Monster

I think you should add a few more bows to the list to try out , maybe some Elites. If you wanna go used try out a Z28 it will be like an upgraded Switchback XT. :bitehard:

Cope
03-08-2012, 06:58 PM
If your questioning your next bow purchase, get the ANSWER! :first:

skippy
03-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I would take a look at the "other" forum, a good thread going on the Heliums riser are bending fairly easy. I would difinantly consider trying something in the Elite line up, and thats coming from a PSE man until I shot my first Elite.