PDA

View Full Version : Elite Pro Staff...

Mr.BowJangles
03-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know how you get to be a member of the Elite Pro Staff? And when joining a Pro Staff for any bow company, do they usually make you buy a bow of theirs, or do they give you one to shoot? Inquiring minds want to know!

groundskeeper
03-23-2012, 02:01 PM
You have to contact the Pro staff coordinator and see if there are any openings where you are from. Usually if you ask your local archery shop's sales rep he can help you out with that. You then need to submit a resume and essay as to why you would like to represent Elite (or any company) and why they should sponsor you. In most cases unless you are the "Pro" of all "Pros", you will have to purchase a bow of your choice from the company, but at a hugely discounted price. Then at the end of the year keep them up to date with what you have accomplished through the year and what you have done to represent the Elite product line. You also may be required to attend and work at several outdoor shows, but also local outdoor events as well. It's a lot of fun. I have been doing it for 10 years and have met and become friends with an incredible bunch of people. It's not easy, it's not free, it's time consuming on your part, but greatly rewarding and an incredible experience.

INGOZI
03-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Groundskeeper hit the nail on the head. What one should also consider is that as Pro Staffer you represent the company, all the time. You are a walking, talking. shooting advertisement for the company and therefore should act accordingly. It is a job like any other, you work towards making the brand bigger, better and in the hands of more shooters. I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with some of the finest people in the industry, being a pro staffer for products i have used for many, many years and which i trust with every ounce in me.

TexasCanesFan
03-23-2012, 03:08 PM
You have to contact the Pro staff coordinator and see if there are any openings where you are from. Usually if you ask your local archery shop's sales rep he can help you out with that. You then need to submit a resume and essay as to why you would like to represent Elite (or any company) and why they should sponsor you. In most cases unless you are the "Pro" of all "Pros", you will have to purchase a bow of your choice from the company, but at a hugely discounted price. Then at the end of the year keep them up to date with what you have accomplished through the year and what you have done to represent the Elite product line. You also may be required to attend and work at several outdoor shows, but also local outdoor events as well. It's a lot of fun. I have been doing it for 10 years and have met and become friends with an incredible bunch of people. It's not easy, it's not free, it's time consuming on your part, but greatly rewarding and an incredible experience.

If only everyone understood this as well as you do!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

You could not have provided a better description or expectation. Very nice.

Goatboy
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM

Come on Joe, I understand this!

TexasCanesFan
03-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Come on Joe, I understand this!

I know you do Rick. That is why we love you!!!! :D

bgriff008
03-23-2012, 06:09 PM
From the sounds of it, everyone on this forum is in someway shape or form, an Elite Prostaff Staffer. I love telling people what type of bow I have and showing it off. I think all of us do that when we are out shooting.

Goatboy
03-23-2012, 07:22 PM
I know you do Rick. That is why we love you!!!! :D

Awwww, thanks Joe!

Pulse76
03-23-2012, 07:43 PM
From the sounds of it, everyone on this forum is in someway shape or form, an Elite Prostaff Staffer. I love telling people what type of bow I have and showing it off. I think all of us do that when we are out shooting.

I know exactly what you are saying. I was at the outdoor range with my Pulse a couple of days ago and the guy next to me was shooting a Bowtech Insanity. He saw how fast my arrows were going toward the 60 yd target and asked what I was shooting. He had never heard of Elite, so I gave him the rundown. Seemed like he was impressed with Elites and unfortunately had never heard of them. That's what happens when the only dealer in town keeps the Elites hidden on a side shelf and has all of the Mathews, Hoyts & Bowtechs on main display. Sorry to get a little off topic, but I needed to vent.

groundskeeper
03-24-2012, 01:46 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I have been very fortunate enuff through the past ten years to be a part of several pro and shooting staffs. I treat each opportunity I have been given very appreciatively and realize that it takes time and dedication to be a continued presence on those staffs. I am constantly amazed at how quickly people come and go because they think they are owedsomething from manufacturers. Truth be told, you're not owed anything. You put your time in and represent the company you are a part of in the best possible light and in doing that, never bash or degrade another company. Whenever I am asked about another companies product I always answer, "I think it is a good product, but let me show you some of the highlights of the product which I am lucky enough to represent." The other misconception that is out there is that you get everything for free. That simply is not the case. As I alluded to above, only if you are the "pro" of all "pros". I currently serve on 5 different pro staffs. I pay for all my products, but I do receive a great discount on those products. A few are at manufacturer cost and a few are a percentage off of msrp. I never quabble over this and think it is great to receive a cost break -period. Lastly, I think it important to truly believe in the product which you represent. Not just for today, but for me personally the staffs I am a part of, I was using those products before I was fortunate to "officially" represent them and I will continue to use those products long after I am no longer a staffer or can put in the time it takes to remain a staffer. Thanks again, Dale

rodney482
03-25-2012, 10:07 AM

:) I agree with this

thumper
03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Sounds like work . :bye2:

paldie
03-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Sounds like work . :bye2:

That's the point it is work and mostly unpaid. It can be enjoyable but you work too.

Maybee-R
03-27-2012, 01:32 PM

No they are proud of what they shoot/use.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A pro to me is one who earns something-anything for doing it. everyone else is a fan. Promoters dont always get paid some are just wanting to share their experiences with others.
Pro-staff has been diminished in recent years to fanboyism. If you pay for the product and promote it, its alright. but your no prostaff unless you earned it. People changing the meaning doesnt make it right. What are the pros being called now days that earn the money and equipment and sign contracts to shoot said equipment?

wassaw
03-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Pro-Staff or
Pro-Motional Staff
2 separate things in my book. ( the lined has grayed )
the "ProStaff" signatures on web forums seem misleading in my eye's, should read more like "I endorse/support the following products"

chappy
03-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I find it funny that some co.s are using the shooting staff mantra to basically sell bows. I laugh everytime I see that "------ shooting staff" title on their signature.

Grizz
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I find it funny that some co.s are using the shooting staff mantra to basically sell bows. I laugh everytime I see that "------ shooting staff" title on their signature.

Laugh it up big boy. :p

I agree with Rick and Wassaw. I recieve a particular discount and perks from RBO for me promoting his shop. I also buy all my stuff from there, not just because he helps me out, but because I believe everyone should support their local shops. When the smaller shops go out of business because everyone can save $3 by getting it online, ijn the end its not just them thats hit. Now you have no place to have your bow worked on by someone that you trust. I am not going to let the kid working part-time at Basspro or Cabelas touch my bow. ;)

BlindBuck
03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Pro-Staff or
Pro-Motional Staff
2 separate things in my book. ( the lined has grayed )
the "ProStaff" signatures on web forums seem misleading in my eye's, should read more like "I endorse/support the following products"

Totally agree with you on this!

chappy
03-27-2012, 03:26 PM

I agree with Rick and Wassaw. I recieve a particular discount and perks from RBO for me promoting his shop. I also buy all my stuff from there, not just because he helps me out, but because I believe everyone should support their local shops. When the smaller shops go out of business because everyone can save $3 by getting it online, ijn the end its not just them thats hit. Now you have no place to have your bow worked on by someone that you trust. I am not going to let the kid working part-time at Basspro or Cabelas touch my bow. ;)

Oh it's not anyone's signature on EAF I laugh at. I'm talking AT, and the co. that has more "shooting staff" than I have pubes. And I'm al' natural.

bgriff008
03-27-2012, 08:07 PM
No they are proud of what they shoot/use.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A pro to me is one who earns something-anything for doing it. everyone else is a fan. Promoters dont always get paid some are just wanting to share their experiences with others.
Pro-staff has been diminished in recent years to fanboyism. If you pay for the product and promote it, its alright. but your no prostaff unless you earned it. People changing the meaning doesnt make it right. What are the pros being called now days that earn the money and equipment and sign contracts to shoot said equipment?

Dont take what I wrote, the wrong way. By no means am I saying Im a prostaff. I was just stating that I promote the product, but I would never consider myself a prostaff nor would I tell someone I am. I would want to earn that right through my skill and knowledge. So ya Pro Motional customer who likes the product a lot. I wont even use the word staff. You have to be associated with the company to be staff.

Todd Imiola
03-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Pretty good topic and many answers and thoughts I see. Here are some of my thoughts. I am fortunate enough to be a prostaff member for many companies including Primos and Elite. Going on the better part of 11 years staffing for some of these companies I have really learned what is expected and what most everyday hunters think of a so called prostaff position. Depending on the company some consider you a "pro" and some consider you "promotional" use. Either way they both require work and pay is usually not too much either. Sponsorship and opportunities are the biggest pay. A lot of companies actually require you to have a everyday job.
I can honestly say I do it for the love of the sport. I love teaching and sharing the knowledge I have learned over the years. Not counting online activities I work between 45-60 days a year working outdoor shows and doing seminars on hunting etc. Everything from ATA and Eastern Sportsman Show to the Gander Mountains and local archery shops. It's a lot of work and you have to have a very understanding family. They know it's my love and give me their full support. Working as a prostaff member you really get to make many new friends and many new avenues open for hunting opportunities in all areas of the country. Many companies reward you for how much you do and how you can help them.
Most companies want to make sure they can trust their prostaff. We represent the company so they don't usually just want to take anyone. I know for Primos, Will hand picks who he wants and the staff is small for such a big company. I believe there are 46 guys total who cover all the states and Canada. He needs to know we can do a good job and are knowledgeable.
Again these are just my thoughts and experiences on being on many prostaffs. Would I change anything or not want to be part of my staffs, absolutely not! I have made too many friends and have many more to make.

Maybee-R
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Dont take what I wrote, the wrong way. By no means am I saying Im a prostaff. I was just stating that I promote the product, but I would never consider myself a prostaff nor would I tell someone I am. I would want to earn that right through my skill and knowledge. So ya Pro Motional customer who likes the product a lot. I wont even use the word staff. You have to be associated with the company to be staff.

I wasnt. I drew a line to separate my post from the quote. sorry.

wassaw
03-27-2012, 11:18 PM
I hope this turns into a good long topic!

IMHO the Groundskeeper's,bgriff008's and Todd Imiola's are what the Promotional staff positions are about and not just the "perks" that come with those positions or to make yourself look important in the industry so you can have the discounts and connections. Help someone, don't just use it.

most of us like the idea that we have spent a lot of time and money on things and want to help the next guy not do the same....(hard knocks) it doesn't make me or you a Professional though.

Pimp what you believe in, but until you make a living at it only,don't call yourself a Pro! :D

chappy
03-28-2012, 08:43 AM
I hope this turns into a good long topic!

IMHO the Groundskeeper's,bgriff008's and Todd Imiola's are what the Promotional staff positions are about and not just the "perks" that come with those positions or to make yourself look important in the industry so you can have the discounts and connections. Help someone, don't just use it.

most of us like the idea that we have spent a lot of time and money on things and want to help the next guy not do the same....(hard knocks) it doesn't make me or you a Professional though.

Pimp what you believe in, but until you make a living at it only,don't call yourself a Pro! :D

Word up on the above.

BlindBuck
05-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Figured I would bring this back to the top for you Wassaw!

Here are my thoughts on "ProStaff" as it is normally referenced today.

Promotional Staff - 99% of the people do not know anything about the product they represent. Some of the biggest jokes are Promotional Staff for bow companies, guys can't setup/tune/repair and most can barely shoot, but man they love getting that bow for a reduced price and in some cases free. They fill out some generic qualifications form send it in to a manufacture and reap discounts on equipment or they know someone from the manufacture. They provide little if any feedback to the manufacture/consumer, and just run around forums saying the product they represent is the best thing since sliced bread without providing any technical specifications to back the claim. There are a few ProStaff who actually represent the product in an intelligent and meanignful manor but they are few and far between.

Personally I feel Promotional Staff should be dropped in its entirety. If I owned an archery related company I would probably do something like this.

ProStaff - Professional archers who work very hard at perfecting their abilities and shoot in national/world shoots across the country/globe and can bring attention to your product line.(you get the picture)

TechStaff - One who knows the ins and outs of a product and can provide real feedback to the manufacture/consumer. This group of people would also be my real world R/D, they would have new products in their hands prior to any announcement or mass production of a new product. Of course they would have to sign NDAs and such, but I feel this would prevent a lot of the issues we see and read about when a new product is released in the wild while saving the manufacture money in the process. This same group of people is who I would go to for new product development and improvements throughout the year. Seems to me this would be very cost effective and would provide vital feedback to help a manufacture advance in the market place.

HuntingStaff - The guy/gal who takes equipment to the field and puts it through everything mother/human nature can dish out.

Obviously this is just some of my thoughts and opinions but I feel manufactures should reevaluate there staff positions and philosophies.

One last thing I would never represent any company/manufacture if I wasn't willing to pay full retail and have 100% confidence in the product.

AJY
05-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Figured I would bring this back to the top for you Wassaw!

Here are my thoughts on "ProStaff" as it is normally referenced today.

Promotional Staff - 99% of the people do not know anything about the product they represent. Some of the biggest jokes are Promotional Staff for bow companies, guys can't setup/tune/repair and most can barely shoot, but man they love getting that bow for a reduced price and in some cases free. They fill out some generic qualifications form send it in to a manufacture and reap discounts on equipment or they know someone from the manufacture. They provide little if any feedback to the manufacture/consumer, and just run around forums saying the product they represent is the best thing since sliced bread without providing any technical specifications to back the claim. There are a few ProStaff who actually represent the product in an intelligent and meanignful manor but they are few and far between.

Personally I feel Promotional Staff should be dropped in its entirety. If I owned an archery related company I would probably do something like this.

ProStaff - Professional archers who work very hard at perfecting their abilities and shoot in national/world shoots across the country/globe and can bring attention to your product line.(you get the picture)

TechStaff - One who knows the ins and outs of a product and can provide real feedback to the manufacture/consumer. This group of people would also be my real world R/D, they would have new products in their hands prior to any announcement or mass production of a new product. Of course they would have to sign NDAs and such, but I feel this would prevent a lot of the issues we see and read about when a new product is released in the wild while saving the manufacture money in the process. This same group of people is who I would go to for new product development and improvements throughout the year. Seems to me this would be very cost effective and would provide vital feedback to help a manufacture advance in the market place.

HuntingStaff - The guy/gal who takes equipment to the field and puts it through everything mother/human nature can dish out.

Obviously this is just some of my thoughts and opinions but I feel manufactures should reevaluate there staff positions and philosophies.

One last thing I would never represent any company/manufacture if I wasn't willing to pay full retail and have 100% confidence in the product.

:thumbup: well put

Cgould
07-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Thought I'd bring this back to life a little. In no means do I expect to be a prostaff any time in the near future. I just bought my first Elite and can't stop going on about how much I love it tho. How many of you here are prostaff and how has it gone for you? How hard was it to get into once a guy has more experience with Elite? I live up in Alberta and if it wasn't for my curiosity of brands I'd never heard of I would have bought a Hoyt or APA but once I had the new Energy 35 in my hands it was extremely hard to put it down long enough to order the one I wanted.

Elitebuck
07-18-2014, 05:22 AM
Our group of hunters just got the "discount " sponsorship recently, ( as I call it). As was said you basically work this through your local rep. I personally have no interest in promoting anything I do not feel 100% comfortable with that I would buy on my own otherwise. These Elite Energy bows are awesome machines for sure.
As was mentioned there is a lot expected from you if you ever plan to make it to a full sponsorship. But that's to be expected. These high end companies do not want some clown out there representing them with no clue as to what he/she is shooting.
I'm looking forward to building a relationship with Elite and the Outdoor Group in the future. It's an outstanding company with a lot of great products.
To those of you who have been on some of these big name pro staffs my hats off to you. You obviously worked hard for it.

www.inpursuit365.com

chappy
07-18-2014, 09:34 AM
They need to get their bows into walmart and kmart and they won't need prostaffers.

Cgould
07-18-2014, 12:09 PM
I personally have no interest in promoting anything I do not feel 100% comfortable with that I would buy on my own otherwise. These Elite Energy bows are awesome machines for sure.

Can't argue with either of those comments for sure. I'm in love with my Energy 35, I wouldn't ever try to represent anytime soon for sure. Elite has some great things going for them, I know a few guys up here that are trading in their Hoyts and Bowtechs for Elites. I shot a bunch of different brands when I ordered my new bow and the Elite stood out for sure!

earlyboomer
07-18-2014, 05:06 PM

If it was only a mere $3 that I saved, it wouldn't make sense but it's usually much more than that. I'd rather spend the money on a press, build a draw board and do my own work. I'd rather do this not only to save money but to be able to make changes or repairs at any time I choose, to learn my bow inside and out and keep it in top condition. Lastly, some of us do not live close to any shop of any size so taking this approach makes sense in that respect.

Grnmtn
07-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Elitebuck...

It is good to have you aboard. Craig is a great guy to work with and if you need anything that I can help you with drop me a note.

Did we have lunch together with Craig and the big guy or are you one of the other guys in the group?