PDA

View Full Version : GTO vibe/ noise comparison

J3100
05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
compare the GTO with other bows as far as noise and vibes, trying to get a feel if mine is normal or not ,just seems compared to my previous bows loud and a lot of vibration, I will start the troubleshooting tommorow just got it

fourbarrel
05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
check to see if draw stops on modules hit cams at same time. If they are not timed right they will vibrate some.

J3100
05-11-2008, 07:03 PM
with somebody watching it looks like they might be slightly off but you have to look three times to be sure (no draw board yet)

CATrapper
05-11-2008, 07:18 PM
My GTO is tuned and louder than my VTec but quieter than my Trykon. I would say that it has less in the way of vibration and shock than either of those.

GTO63
05-11-2008, 08:42 PM
My GTO was making tinking noise , took my mod screws out and put wax on the mods and the screws and it solved that.
I notice just a little vibration in the bottom cam, checked timing and seems OK, everything is in check, ATA, brace height and poundage is right on.
Guessing it is just the nature of the cam.
My Guardian I had was absolutly the quietest bow with no hand shock, But I love the draw and the backwall on the GTO.
Cant wait to try out the GT500

HVAC/R Hunter
05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
From a guy who knows quiet and vibration free (I shoot a Bowtech General). To me my GTO which is not "supertuned" feels exactly like the Mathews DXT to me. There is some noise on the shot, but not much, and very little vibration.

It feels amazing to me!

KARBON
05-11-2008, 10:29 PM
...well...the GTO was a great bow but it was too loud for me. It just wasn't as quiet as my Guardian. My GTO was super tuned but even limbsaver'd and bowjax'd out MY GTO was too loud and had too much vibration for my hunting needs.

Too my suprise, the Fire was closer to the Guardian but shot and held like a GTO. Easy choice for me.

Fire is what I'll keep...for now.