PDA

View Full Version : How many people in your area shoot Elite bows?

archer1983
05-16-2008, 10:44 AM
I know where I live there isn't but maybe one person that shoots Elite bows. I'm not talking about people here on the forums, I mean like club shoots or friends that you shoot with? :confused:

I think with this new release people might give them a shot and make them a front runner!

Slugger
05-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I dont know anyone in my town that has one
Ive never seen one at a local shoot either
Im hoping this year when i break out the gto itll be the first one they have seen.......btw it sucks to need a particular bow to be cool

tnarb
05-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I am the only one in North Vernon, Indiana.....

Oregonbowhunter
05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
As far as I know I am the only one in my town that shoots Elite. People will ask about my bow and when I tell them it is an Elite they just kind of look at me dumbfounded because they have not even heard of them, which is good for me because I'm the last one that wants to be like everybody else, I like having a bow that is different (in a good way)

OBH

KARBON
05-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Just the one guy...Matt? who was staying with family in my area. He had the Fire and GTo I shot. He's gone now so I don't know anyone.

In fact a guy (mathews hat) at the gas station asked me...

"What that **** does Elite Archery make" after looking at my sticker on my F150's cap.

I told him that they make high end bows that make the Drenalin seem like a childs toy. Sorry that was the AT-er in me...

after a ugly look, he asked more questions and wanted to know who sold them.

archer1983
05-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Interesting results so far. I would like to hear from everyone posting on the forum.

I'm just trying to get an idea of the demographics on this forum and in general is all.

If you dont have where you are from in your profile then please let us know where you are from?

thanks

dch3k
05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I dont know anyone personally not even my hubby...yet.....

nebling
05-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Don't really know of many Elite shooters up by me....although I did find it interesting to see an Elite dealer was located about 45min away, but all I ever knew they sold was Martin.

I might call them just to see if they "stock"or "carry" any Elites... :D

I really think it comes down to which bow lines a particular shop pushes. They might be an Elite dealer, but if they don't mention it or push them, what good is it?

archer773
05-16-2008, 11:01 AM
There are only 2 people in my area that I know of that shoot an Elite. The closest dealer in on the other side of the Twin Cities.

Goatboy
05-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm the only one in my area that shoots an Elite that I know of.

ntypicl11
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Not sure, but most ooh and aahh when I pull out the old Synergy. It's kinda wierd how people will suck up to ya when you've got nice, awesome, fast, rockin, cool lookin, QUALITY stuff. It sounds like quite a few are coming to see the light

dch3k
05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm the only one in my area that shoots an Elite that I know of.
guess we are close.....

Tough Antler Tees
05-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm also the only one in my area that I know of. I'm surrounded by Hoyt shooters.

Slugger
05-16-2008, 11:17 AM
just to amend my earlier post there jcmorgan is only about an hour north of my hometown I think he has converted a couple in his area.
also theres a dealer about 45mins east of me.....I think elites have become a nice chunk of thier business.. but as far as the guys i shoot with most of us dont buy new bows more often than every 5+ years. so im the first to even hear of elite

WheelinArcher
05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Zero-Zip-Nada...unless you count me, then One. I plan on changing that though. I hope that by this time next year, I will have some Elite friends that I could shoot with, share info and setups.

venisun
05-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I am the only one that I know, but the dealer I purchased mine from is only 20 minutes away. I know there are more Elites around my area, but I haven't seen any.

tim doll
05-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Everyone around here shoots either hoyt,mathews or bt,, I am the only Elite on the chopping block,, lol.

HVAC/R Hunter
05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I dont know anyone in my town that has one
Ive never seen one at a local shoot either
Im hoping this year when i break out the gto itll be the first one they have seen.......btw it sucks to need a particular bow to be cool

I'm the only one around here that I know of.

Also slugger its going to take a lot more than a GTO to make you cool :laugh:

archer58inPA
05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
No one here that I know of. I have showed my Synergy to my buddies and they have interest. In fact , one of them WAS going to order a GTO later in the year.
I'll show him my GT500 soon and he will order one.

In July there is a regional GTG for HNI , in Erie,Pa. that Germ and I will be attending. GT500's in hand. That should stir the pot some. Those guys are BT and Mathews for the most part. A couple are BT corperate staff. I can't wait.

:terminator::Boos20:

ICH BIN
05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Not anyone around that I have seen, but that is why I wanted one. I don't shoot at shoots though so, take that with a grain of salt.

One of the most popular ranges in the area had never even heard of Elite much less saw a bow. When he put a kisser and new loop on my Envy, he asked about them.

"Who makes this bow"

Elite, the guy who started Bowtech and left to go on his own,

"oh, the quality and machining of this bow is excellent"

This dealer is a big Matthews dealer in the area, and since Matthews has always been known for good quality, it meant a lot to me.

E

Slugger
05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
:fit:
I'm the only one around here that I know of.

Also slugger its going to take a lot more than a GTO to make you cool :laugh:
:fit: I was afraid of that

Woodsedge1
05-16-2008, 12:17 PM
I have sold alot around my shop.I have at least 20 regular custumers shooting them on league.And I have sold alot for the population around central Wisconsin.I have guys driving 2-3 hours for them and our friendly atmosphere.I have sold at least 3 Elites to every 1 hoyt the last year the guys and gals really love them.I have a few people that have 3 or 4 of them.If I can get them to try them most of the time they buy them.:homer:
Any Questions or if your in the area and want to shoot 1 give Dan a call at
1-715-228-5451 Woodsedge Taxidermy and Archery in Friendship Wis.

Sagecreek
05-16-2008, 12:33 PM
About 4 at my shoots, but there is more and more everytime Robby's gets a new shipment in. :crosshair:

Scablands
05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Lonehara and I in this area are the only Elitists. To be fair there are only about a dozen people within 50 miles of us that shoot archery that I know of. Nearest dealer is about a hundred miles from me.

ux monster
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
In my area i am the one and only,the closest dealer to me is over 1000 miles away.Every person who checks out my bow has never even heard of elite.:scratchhead:

Takeum
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I am the only one on this side of the Mississippi River within maybe acouple hundred miles... then I believe LuckyDuc would be the other... At least that I know of... Cheyanne would be another. but He lives over in Arkansas

Slugger
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
hey takeum isnt Mr. Dave Nowlin from tenn. also, savannah or somthing like that

Takeum
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey yea,, Ol Dave shoots an Elite doesn't he? Yet I have never met Mr Nowland,, he knows about everything there is to know about Elite bows and life... Perhaps one day I'll have the pleasure of meeting this legend face to face... lol... He actually came to my work place once to meet me... come to find out, I had already quit.. lol...:spanker:

Slugger
05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey yea,, Ol Dave shoots an Elite doesn't he? Yet I have never met Mr Nowland,, he knows about everything there is to know about Elite bows and life... Perhaps one day I'll have the pleasure of meeting this legend face to face... lol... He actually came to my work place once to meet me... come to find out, I had already quit.. lol...:spanker:
I suggested in another thread that they contract him to write a tuning manual

IA Monsterbuck
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I've never seen a single person shooting one at any of the shoots I've been to. Actually made me more interested in Elite knowing they're pretty rare in these parts. Hopefully one day I'll actually be shooting one.

TEXAS 10PT
05-16-2008, 02:22 PM
There are lots of guys in Texas shooting Elite bows. However locally at the shop I hang out at, I've been the only Elite regular. When I took my XXL and GTO into the shop this year they were impressed enough to become a dealer and are waiting on their first orders.

TEXAS

RxBowhunter
05-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I know of nobody in my immediate area with an Elite however Crackers shop is 70 miles North of me and there are several up there with Elites already. Crackers personally put Martin on the map in the St. Joe, MO area in the late 80's and through the 90's. I suspect Elite will be flowing from his shop like sweat from a sinner in church.........just like Bowtech is now. :homer:

Elite One
05-16-2008, 02:57 PM
i have never seen a elite bow here in R.I., but that is soon to change mine is on it's way.

sts3d
05-16-2008, 02:59 PM
The local shop has sold a few but I haven't seen many at the shoots yet. I know creeckchub got his xxl and I have my GTO and another really good local 3der bought a GTO. I'm sure there is gonna be a drastic increase of Elite sightings at our local shoots.

fatality
05-16-2008, 05:51 PM
When I get a Fire, I will be the only person within at least an hours drive with an Elite bow. We just got a dealer and he has one. I personally haven't even met anyone that has even heard of Elite where I live...but as soon as I can get a Fire all that will change.

CamG
05-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Just me, for many, many miles!

That may be changing though!

Maybee-R
05-16-2008, 06:23 PM
There every where here. LOL.
Most shoots I go to there might be three or even four. But if you head down towards Walla Walla. Look out. they have almost as much as Ohio.:haha:

azone5
05-16-2008, 07:29 PM
My shop ordered three bows at the same time about 4 months ago. Two of us have received ours.

why me
05-16-2008, 08:13 PM
It feels as if I am the only Elite shooter in Saakatchewan. I don't know of any others and 99% of the people in my area have never even heard about them. I guess not having a single dealer in our province does not help. The closest is in Winnipeg Manitoba.

muddflapp76
05-16-2008, 09:39 PM
as far as i know i am the only person in Harlan County to have an Elite bow. most people ask me "who make Elite??" thats when the story starts and i tell them how fast and smooth my synergy xt is and then they want one too but they are gone for now!

2xR
05-16-2008, 10:40 PM
There are lots of guys in Texas shooting Elite bows. However locally at the shop I hang out at, I've been the only Elite regular. When I took my XXL and GTO into the shop this year they were impressed enough to become a dealer and are waiting on their first orders.

TEXAS

Only problem is they are all TEXAS 10PT's bows... Viva la Pimp....

M.O.F.E.A. Bouncer
05-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Well lets see there is Bweger,MA ELite(Wes),2Racks and myself I am sure there are a few others around but if you come to Weatherford Tx. there are 2 -2Racks and Myself

TEXAS 10PT
05-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Only problem is they are all TEXAS 10PT's bows... Viva la Pimp....

I like to share so others can feel the Elite love LMAO. Lots of people heard of them but have never seen one let alone shot one.

TEXAS

LHpuncher
05-17-2008, 07:47 PM
They are actually becoming pretty popular in my area, at our friday night shoots that usually get over a 100 people there are usually around 10 peopl;e shooting them...

that numbert should increase for sure this year becasue I made the switch a few weeks ago......

schaef2124
05-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I am the only shooter in my area that shoots elite that i know of. Lewistown Pa.

Archer 1
05-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I would have to check the archives but in our dealer area in Pa.,somewhere between 75-100 and growing!

papapump
05-17-2008, 09:48 PM
i'm sure there are many now in this area since crackers became a dealer. heck, i sold everything i had, including my beloved guardian and went all elite!

LHpuncher
05-17-2008, 09:57 PM
I am the only shooter in my area that shoots elite that i know of. Lewistown Pa.

there are usually about 10 friday nights at foxpro

Mass.archer
05-18-2008, 07:16 PM
There are four other Elite shooters in my area.Marlborough Ma.

PointnDog
05-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Can't say I have seen another GTO around here in St. Louis.........

archer1983
05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Interesting so far guys! Seems as though a lot of people still don't know much about Elite. I was at a local shop that sells mathews, hoyt, martin and bear and he had never even heard of Elite archery :eek:
He was pretty impressed when I let him shoot the GTO though.

cerec_cat
05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Don't know of any in my area. I think I will have the first Crackerized in the entire state.

Chance
05-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Alot of People in my area. South Central PA.

29@62lbs
05-18-2008, 10:28 PM
9 @ our local proshop regularly, becoming more popular, new release of 2009's have turned some people off, don't know of long term effect.

GRZIP
05-19-2008, 08:37 AM
My Synergy is the only Elite I have seen in person, no hint of any other Elite shooters, but i know there are about 10 dealers in MN now... The only people that know what Elite is are AT members at the shoots I have done. Most folks just look, and shrug shoulders. I wore my Elite hat into a Mathews (and a few others) shop on Sunday, and shot the DXT since I had never shot one. The guy didn't comment on my hat, but he studied it.

bowhunter79
05-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I have never seen one in my area. There is a a lot of them in there area where I get mine but that is 3 hours away from my home town. I hit a shoot just about every weekend spots or 3-D not to mention the the leagues I shoot during the week at numerous clubs around my area. I have only seen one other and that was two weeks ago at a MAC(Midwest Archery Championship) shoot 2 hours from my house. The guy had a Synergy. Other then that I have not seen one. Ill tell ya though my Elite Blue XXL has generated a lot of questions. Such as, Elite? who makes that?:scratchhead: and so on.

bowbuster
05-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I have the only GTO in my area and now it looks like that may hold true for a long time. Unless someone buys a used one.
I like having the only GTO around. Everone want to look at it and shoot it.
I showed it to two of the dealers up here and they both want to carry Elites now!
Bowbuster

three5x5s
05-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Havent seen any here in central KY other than mine.. Spotshy has a ICE, I shoot at his archery club on Saturday nights, Im the only Elite there. I like not following the masses.

ster
05-21-2008, 05:19 AM
China Beijing
Only me now

badfisherman
05-21-2008, 05:26 AM
none. in Maine we have no dealer and few people have heard of them with minimal mag exposure.

AMMOBOOGER
05-21-2008, 05:34 AM
I'm the only one I've seen in Western South Dakota. Since we deployed I've turned 2 guys on to them and they've both bought Elite bows from here in the sandbox, so i guess that makes 3 in SD now.

HONKER
05-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Only a hand full in North Dakota. I have two, Robert Kennedy, one. Don't know of anyone else.

Deextee
05-21-2008, 07:59 AM
I've seen 1 other than mine at the last 6 3D shoots.

jsasker
05-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Just me:violin: