PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what Herman Nelson and Dave Nowlin have in common?

BAArcher
12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
See if any military guys can figure that out!

Dave Nowlin
12-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Don't know. Did a google search and only came up with a company which makes heaters. Like another fellow on here I was Navy. Of course back then most of our ships seemed to be leftover ships from World WarII & Korea.
Dave Nowlin

Michael
12-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Dave,

What ship were you on? My Dad would have been in the Navy about the same time as you. He was on the Ranger (aircraft carrier)

Dave Nowlin
12-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I served on 2 different Destroyers. The Steinaker and the Eaton. The Eaton was an early World War II ship that had been modified with some newer ASW weapons and the Steinaker was a late World War II ship which had also been updated.
Dave Nowlin

Kelly Sexton
12-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I served on 2 different Destroyers. The Steinaker and the Eaton. The Eaton was an early World War II ship that had been modified with some newer ASW weapons and the Steinaker was a late World War II ship which had also been updated.
Dave Nowlin

Hey Dave, At least you didn't say you served on the ARK........Ha..Ha!!!

Michael
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
See if any military guys can figure that out!
Sorry to hijack your thread BAArcher. Maybe someone will figure it out soon. I don't have a clue.

BAArcher
12-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Heaters.....When we needed hot air, we just cranked up the Herman Nelson!

Dave Nowlin
12-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I believe my first Destroyer might have been about e generations away from the Ark. I never did see any doves aboard though.
Dave Nowlin