PDA

View Full Version : Elite Hog Hunt

Michael
12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
How does the last week of January work for you guys? The hunt will be in Texas.

I will get the exact location from Kevin soon.

The cost will be $350-$400 dollars per person.

Thanks to L-train for putting the following list together.

L-Train
Michael
Bweger
Texas10pt
shootstraight
BenR
MAtexas
Elksniper
NJBuckBuster
Maybee-R
Rattler
muzzleblast42
Mxracer532
Vidorboy
Takeum
Soumi
willthebad
Luckiduc13
Elite Kevin and Kate
fissionarchery
medic1
Extremist

Bruce, I removed you from the list.

Michael
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Any interest in this anymore, or are we scrapping this project?

Rattler
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Michael,

I got some info from the owner of a ranch here in TX. it is in the zillion page thread that was started.

BAArcher
12-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I go back to work next week........No vacation and a full work load. I am going to have to pass.........

Michael
12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Michael,

I got some info from the owner of a ranch here in TX. it is in the zillion page thread that was started.

Is that the same place Kevin is talking about?

Rattler
12-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Is that the same place Kevin is talking about?

I know Kevin has been there. It is a "Hog Galore" place.....if you dont kill it is cause you missed!

Extremist
12-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I posted twice on that "Zillion" page thread about getting on that list, is it still possible? I would love to go.

Michael
12-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I posted twice on that "Zillion" page thread about getting on that list, is it still possible? I would love to go.
You have been added my friend.

Maybee-R
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I need exact dates before I can commit. Im so far behind right now. I really want to go! Jan. may not work for me but I will try.

Michael
12-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I need you guys to give me some dates. I could go tonight if I wanted to, my schedule is set only by me.:D

shootstraight
12-04-2007, 10:07 PM
You guys pick the dates, I'd need to know real soon. My wifes b/day is late Jan so that's not gonna make her happy but I can probably get by. What do we need as far as licenses etc and what would we need to bring. I would need to fly in, too far to drive. Where is this place, rental cars available? Details, we need details.

Extremist
12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
This is Jan of 2009 right? or is this just a month away?!

Michael
12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
End of NEXT month, unless it is a no go, then we should change the date. This is the time frame Kevin was looking for. I want to do it when it is best for the group. I would like to see as many as possible go.

L-train
12-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I need details too, could one yous texicans post up a map, and how many nights, etc, etc

Bweger
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
The last week in January works for me. I am in

TEXAS 10PT
12-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I see where Lonnie put the list together but I don't see him on the list. Late January may not work for me seeing as how I'm having back surgery next Tuesday. If I am recovered by then I'm in otherwise I'll have to pass but I'd hate to miss this gathering of Elitists:mad:

TEXAS

Michael
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I see where Lonnie put the list together but I don't see him on the list. Late January may not work for me seeing as how I'm having back surgery next Tuesday. If I am recovered by then I'm in otherwise I'll have to pass but I'd hate to miss this gathering of Elitists:mad:

TEXAS
You won't have to miss it. We can change dates to whatever folks can make. I would like to see a large turn out.

BTW, I added L-train to the list, thanks for catching that one.

Come on guys let me know what you want, so we can get this thing going. After we get some suggestions and lock it in. I will start a new thread, so we don't end up with another long winded one to search through.

This 12/07/07 @ 10:00 PM EST will be the deadline for suggestions.

TEXAS 10PT
12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Well I'm going on a three day hog hunt March 1-3 at Boazmans in Hondo, TX so anytime mid February or March will probably work for me. Do we know at this point where the hunt is going to be?

TEXAS

Michael
12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I think huntnshoot, or whatever it's called. Rattler has the skinny on that one.

TEXAS 10PT
12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I think huntnshoot, or whatever it's called. Rattler has the skinny on that one.

I have hunted there and its full of hogs. 100 acres under high fence with lots of spot and stalk. I had a 300lb boar charge me from 20 yards there and I had to return to the lodge and change my shorts:eek:

TEXAS

BLOWTHRU
12-04-2007, 11:21 PM
hey I wanna go on a hog hunt, but if it is hunting in a fenced in area that's BS! No way! Mono e mono or nothing.... I've stalked bear with a bow, why does a hog have to be fenced in?:mad::eek:

Michael
12-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Cause that is how it's done in TX.

Is this a problem for anyone else?????

TEXAS 10PT
12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Nuisance animal and these type of hunts are usually about the killing and fellowship rather than the hunt itself.

TEXAS

L-train
12-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I have hunted there and its full of hogs. 100 acres under high fence with lots of spot and stalk. I had a 300lb boar charge me from 20 yards there and I had to return to the lodge and change my shorts:eek:

TEXAS

Thats sounds like fun, can a guy shoot one in da face or is that a no-no:D
What general part of Texas is this place?

Michael
12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
You can shoot 'em in da face, but you have to be 70 yards minimum.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Michael396/huntnshoot.jpg

BLOWTHRU
12-04-2007, 11:39 PM
hey I wanna go on a hog hunt, but if it is hunting in a fenced in area that's BS! No way! Mono e mono or nothing.... I've stalked bear with a bow, why does a hog have to be fenced in?:mad::eek:

TEXAS 10PT
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Thats sounds like fun, can a guy shoot one in da face or is that a no-no:D
What general part of Texas is this place?

Lonnie...its about 1 hour and 40 min drive from Houston's Intercontinental Airport north. Its about 1h20m from my house:D

TEXAS

Michael
12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
It's 100 acres, if that is not enough, I am sorry, but fenced is all we are going to find. It's not like the are in kennels.

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 12:39 AM
it's only a hundred acres??? what's the cost of this and how many days?? i'd like to go but it would have to be mid march.....so i'm gonna have to say no go for me.... i don't have a bow at the moment.. i'm waiting on the gto to come out..

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm curious if you guys would be interested in a javelina/hog hunt???

BLOWTHRU
12-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Mr. Micheal,

Not trying to be rude or ugly, but I live on 114 acres. Have chickens, horses, house, barn, ect. ect... My land is fenced for domestic animal traficc, and I have 50 acres not fenced for animals like deer and t-keys... That I hunt and protect thru land management...It's not alot of space, especially if your not from NY hoping to have a great wopping hudge10acre farm...!
Realisticlly...Lets consider a nice group adventcure such as a " Elite Hog Hunt "that could have life changing/lasting experiences.

If I look at my place and had 30 people hunting an enormous incredible hog population in a high fence thinking they are giving the animals a chance to be hunted echically like we hunt deer from a tree stand or blind without baiting or fences I would be fooling myself into beleiving your comments were anything other than BS.
Maybe I am just used to more land than you have hunted the wild beast pig on but my 114acre yard would be over populated with high powered bows shooting em' in tha face' and around a high fence adattitive does nothing but disgust me and the spirit of any animal I was presuing to hunt.

If it was hunting the pigs on the open range, even limited acerage without fences I would beleive it worthy. No personal attack against you, just me feelings on fenced hunts in genreral. Remember my neighbor. Mogomentry Gentry right up the rode has a home, and shot a bear in a fenced in area and almost spent 10 yrs in jail. It wasn't animal lovers than got him convicted but rather hunters that said it's unethical and had his butt tried and convicted. Also Jimmy Houston almost ended his entire association with sportsman when he was filmed trying to shoot a 180 class deer inside a fenced in penn while laughing at his missed shots over and over. It was disgusting.

We as archers should not ever need to pen an animal in to have a hunt. Anchery is about stealth, grace, silence, patience, shot placement, and at last control! Hunting in the US is our God given right, and not something to not respectfully be greatful too. Hope you appreciate this and its direcetion...:rolleyes:

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 02:17 AM
just as a suggestion i know of a place that's 13,000acres, that would i'm almost positive fit our needs. plus you get to shoot javelinas as a bonus as well... and if i'm not mistaken, we would have all to ourselves for the entire weekend. i emailed him today inquiring about the possibilities but i'm almost sure he could accomodate us. and this is a bow only ranch. i have friends that have hunting this place before and had nothing but good things to say about it. it also has a walk in cooler on site as well. free-range hunting you could spot and stalk or stand hunt if you desire. the only set back that i could see is that it's down by Laredo, but they do have an airport.

BLOWTHRU
12-05-2007, 08:48 AM
COOL! Hey that sounds more like it! Get the details and post them fur us to review. Then we can sorta talk and vote on a good location. 13,000 acres is a hunting area inwhich nobody is stepping on each others toes. The idea of 100 acres and fences isn't even a hunt compared to this, more like a petting zoo eh?:D

Bretz56
12-05-2007, 08:51 AM
I agree, that sounds a lot more like it.

Luckiduc13
12-05-2007, 09:06 AM
just as a suggestion i know of a place that's 13,000acres, that would i'm almost positive fit our needs. plus you get to shoot javelinas as a bonus as well... and if i'm not mistaken, we would have all to ourselves for the entire weekend. i emailed him today inquiring about the possibilities but i'm almost sure he could accomodate us. and this is a bow only ranch. i have friends that have hunting this place before and had nothing but good things to say about it. it also has a walk in cooler on site as well. free-range hunting you could spot and stalk or stand hunt if you desire. the only set back that i could see is that it's down by Laredo, but they do have an airport.

Im up for whatever, but I like the large space rather than the 100 acres, plus javelinas! I would be better suited to go in Feburary sometime. Maybe put a poll up for this!

ZA206
12-05-2007, 09:36 AM
You guys outta go to the same place that the AT Hog hunt was held at. Supposedly, it's been upgraded and has lots of room and tons of hogs!

Just a suggestion....

Jerry/NJ (AT handle) went and should be able to help.... he's an elitest if that helps!:D

-ZA

Luckiduc13
12-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Awesome, Ill PM him!

Michael
12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Mr. Micheal,

Not trying to be rude or ugly, but I live on 114 acres. Have chickens, horses, house, barn, ect. ect... My land is fenced for domestic animal traficc, and I have 50 acres not fenced for animals like deer and t-keys... That I hunt and protect thru land management...It's not alot of space, especially if your not from NY hoping to have a great wopping hudge10acre farm...!
Realisticlly...Lets consider a nice group adventcure such as a " Elite Hog Hunt "that could have life changing/lasting experiences.

If I look at my place and had 30 people hunting an enormous incredible hog population in a high fence thinking they are giving the animals a chance to be hunted echically like we hunt deer from a tree stand or blind without baiting or fences I would be fooling myself into beleiving your comments were anything other than BS.
Maybe I am just used to more land than you have hunted the wild beast pig on but my 114acre yard would be over populated with high powered bows shooting em' in tha face' and around a high fence adattitive does nothing but disgust me and the spirit of any animal I was presuing to hunt.

If it was hunting the pigs on the open range, even limited acerage without fences I would beleive it worthy. No personal attack against you, just me feelings on fenced hunts in genreral. Remember my neighbor. Mogomentry Gentry right up the rode has a home, and shot a bear in a fenced in area and almost spent 10 yrs in jail. It wasn't animal lovers than got him convicted but rather hunters that said it's unethical and had his butt tried and convicted. Also Jimmy Houston almost ended his entire association with sportsman when he was filmed trying to shoot a 180 class deer inside a fenced in penn while laughing at his missed shots over and over. It was disgusting.

We as archers should not ever need to pen an animal in to have a hunt. Anchery is about stealth, grace, silence, patience, shot placement, and at last control! Hunting in the US is our God given right, and not something to not respectfully be greatful too. Hope you appreciate this and its direcetion...:rolleyes:

I to share your opinions on fenced hunting, BUT you can hardly compare this to the Jimmy Houston issue. No one is drugging trophy class animals and putting them in a 3 acre pen. I happen to have in excess of 1200 acres to hunt, and the only fence is a low fence between my property and a neiboring bean field (the deer have no problem crossing it), but I will not judge others for hunting a place like huntnshoot.

I agree with your comment about archery being "about stealth, grace, silence, patience, shot placement, and at last control!", but this hunt is not about the actual hunt, it is an event for all of us to meet, shoot the crap, and show off our toys. I don't care what we hunt or where we do it. If the choice were completely up to me, we would be closer to my home, and no fenced hunting, but I am going with the flow on this one. Oh yeah, the shoot 'em in da face comment is a standing joke from AT. Elite@Last has PM'ed me with some info on a place in Laredo, but again will be left up to the members.

Post up some suggestions guys, then we can start a poll and see where this goes. Give me a spot, and a time frame. We need to get this organized, or it will never get off the ground!

One last thing BLOWTHRU, you can call me Michael, no need for the Mr. part.:)

willthebad
12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
i live in Louisiana...so making a trip to Texas to shoot some piglets sounds like a great idea!

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 12:25 PM
here's a link to the ranch... www.pedernalbowhunts.com look under ranch profiles, the ranch i'm referring to is the Laguna Ranch.

Luckiduc13
12-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I like, I like...Wonder if we can go in Feburary? Have you contacted this fella to see if we can bring 30 folks?

Michael
12-05-2007, 12:36 PM
For those that will fly in. You would fly in to Laredo airport. It is very small (4 gates), and nothing is ever on time. I have slept on the floor there a few times, but it is easy in and out. If you need to rent a car, do it early, and if you are going to go to Mexico, get the insurance... don't ask.

Luckiduc13
12-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Some of us drivers can pick yall up!

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I like, I like...Wonder if we can go in Feburary? Have you contacted this fella to see if we can bring 30 folks?

i'm trying to get a hold of him now...but it's gonna be a little tuff cause the rut is going on down there right now...so i'll have to wait and see. i'm asking how many he can accommodate, day rate, all that good stuff..

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
For those that will fly in. You would fly in to Laredo airport. It is very small (4 gates), and nothing is ever on time. I have slept on the floor there a few times, but it is easy in and out. If you need to rent a car, do it early, and if you are going to go to Mexico, get the insurance... don't ask.

you can't finish up by saying if you go to mexico.....don't ask...

now i gotta ask:D
have a little trouble with "la policia"???

Michael
12-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Nope, no policia, but the mexican mafia wannabes. Lot's of damage + no insurance for Mexico= me paying for damages.

Luckiduc13
12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Nope, no policia, but the mexican mafia wannabes. Lot's of damage + no insurance for Mexico= me paying for damages.

That would have called for me to hide their bodies in the Mexican desert!

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 02:11 PM
i've got 13 reasons why they wouldn't have ever been seen again...:cool:

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Alright...I talked to Jerry. He can definitely accommodate 20-25 guys. It will be $125day, I was thinking 3days($375) of hunting which would be a Friday Saturday, and Sunday. Leave on Monday Morning. It will be Unlimited Hogs and 1 javelina( maybe 2 depending on the survey in January). The only thing is the earliest it could be is March because deer season doesn't end til Feb. 3rd(doe and spike only).. then he like to let the ranch rest for a few weeks before he starts the hog hunts. the exact dates he has open I will get this evening when he gets off of work....

If you guys are interested we need to get a pretty close count +/- 2 just to be safe... so i can make him aware of the total number of people to reconfirm he can accommodate that number.

Luckiduc13
12-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Poll time.......

Michael
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Here is the list so far:

L-Train
Michael
Bweger
Texas10pt
shootstraight
BenR
MAtexas
Elksniper
NJBuckBuster
Maybee-R
Rattler
muzzleblast42
Mxracer532
Vidorboy
Takeum
Soumi
willthebad
Luckiduc13
Elite Kevin and Kate
fissionarchery
medic1
Extremist

If you need to be removed or added, please let me know ASAP.

Luckiduc13
12-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Im so stoked!

Rattler
12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I doesnt matter to me. Only reason I mentioned Hunt N Shoot was for the guarantee shot factor. I personally havent heard a lick about Perdnal in a long time.....I didnt even realize that they were still open. I am good either way.

How bout Feb 29-Mar 2......at least that would be the only weekend other than Feb1-3 that I could make such a hunt.

TEXAS 10PT
12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I doesnt matter to me. Only reason I mentioned Hunt N Shoot was for the guarantee shot factor. I personally havent heard a lick about Perdnal in a long time.....I didnt even realize that they were still open. I am good either way.

How bout Feb 29-Mar 2......at least that would be the only weekend other than Feb1-3 that I could make such a hunt.

I'm already hunting at Boazman's that weekend in D'Hanis. Making dates to work for everyone is going to be difficult.

TEXAS

Rattler
12-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm already hunting at Boazman's that weekend in D'Hanis. Making dates to work for everyone is going to be difficult.

TEXAS

I would reschedule Boazman's for a hunt like this! ;)

TEXAS 10PT
12-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I would reschedule Boazman's for a hunt like this! ;)

Can't do Rob...got my buddies flying in and its our 3rd annual hog hunt. The legend of ButterBean continues:eek:

TEXAS

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Here is the list so far:

L-Train
Michael
Bweger
Texas10pt
shootstraight
BenR
MAtexas
Elksniper
NJBuckBuster
Maybee-R
Rattler
muzzleblast42
Mxracer532
Vidorboy
Takeum
Soumi
willthebad
Luckiduc13
Elite Kevin and Kate
fissionarchery
medic1
Extremist

If you need to be removed or added, please let me know ASAP.

add me to the list

Michael
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Udated list:

BenR has been removed and Elite@Last added.

L-Train
Michael
Bweger
Texas10pt
shootstraight
Elite@Last
MAtexas
Elksniper
NJBuckBuster
Maybee-R
Rattler
muzzleblast42
Mxracer532
Vidorboy
Takeum
Soumi
willthebad
Luckiduc13
Elite Kevin and Kate
fissionarchery
medic1
Extremist

Elite@Last
12-05-2007, 08:02 PM
the earliest dates he has available is March 28-30...the last weekend of March...i can see if he has anything later but it'll be warmer by then.. about the middle of may is the last day i go anywhere to hunt hogs...

Michael
12-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Elite members need to say if this works or not. My schedule is open, but this does add some serious travel time for me.

Bweger
12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
That weekend works for me.