PDA

View Full Version : How is the hunting around Abilene?

labdad
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Any Texas hunters from around Abilene TX ? I have a friend just south of Abilene that will let me hunt if I want to come down, he says there are lots of deer but he doesn't hunt so I am just curious what to expect there. Thanks Bob

TX Rattlesnake
08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
There are areas out there that have alot of deer and some areas have some good deer. If you come down, just hollar and I would be more than happy to help you get all set up on these Texas deer. :thumb:

Of course I would have to get a guide fee, say a deer or two. :haha:

TEXAS 10PT
08-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Yes we will absolutely show you some fine Texas hospitality. Just get us in on some of the action. LOL.....Not sure but that may be far enough west for some Mulie action too.

TEXAS

L-train
08-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Yes we will absolutely show you some fine Texas hospitality. Just get us in on some of the action. LOL.....Not sure but that may be far enough west for some Mulie action too.

TEXAS
Yea Id think good deer huntin round them thar parts. Make sure ya'll know when muley season is before ya get thar.:movehorse::haha:

TEXAS 10PT
08-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Yea Id think good deer huntin round them thar parts. Make sure ya'll know when muley season is before ya get thar.:movehorse::haha:

I'm still looking for that finger smilie:oh_really:

TEXAS

TX Rattlesnake
08-11-2008, 10:48 AM
How far south of Abilene is he? If he is down around Winters or Coleman, he will have some good deer. I've done some hunting in Cross Plains which is not far from Abilene and there were some 140's and 150's running around.

labdad
08-11-2008, 10:41 PM
His place is just south and east of Abilene on CR224. I don't know much else about it.

fargosooner
08-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Awesome hog hunting around that area too.We used to go hog hunting around there.I dont know the exact location but there was a wind farm close by and over the hill there was a shooting range.