PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear it: Limbsavers or Bowjax

shootstraight
09-09-2008, 10:42 PM
One of the things I really liked about the early Elites was that I didn't have to go out and buy Limbsavers, guess what? Now I have to do it again, why change a good thing. I guess Bowjax gave you guys a better deal but Limbsavers are a better product.

vhunter
09-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I put limbsavers on mine. Can't really say I noticed that much of a difference. Maybe a little, but not much.

TX Rattlesnake
09-09-2008, 10:49 PM
I shot my bow with the bowjax on, nothing on the limbs, and with the limbsavers. Those that were around while I shot it all three ways said that it was noticeably quieter with the limbsavers. I would have to agree after hearing someone else shoot my bow each way.

ccasanova
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I may try some LS quads, but wal-mart has the 1-piece LS for $10 and I may just try them.

My brother's Synergy is the most quiet bow I've ever heard (or not heard). It has the older LS.

chap
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
No doubt on my bow, the Limbsavers took the sound out of the upper limb. I thought it was the Limbdriver cord until I tried the Limbsavers.

Maybee-R
09-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I like the looks of the BowJax better. I like to put one on the string suppressor and the cable rod.

DOUBLELUNG
09-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Has anyone had any experience with NAP thunderblox.......

Takeum
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh Please... Is there any comparison??? Limb Savers all the way!! Bowjax Suck! :trashman:

PointnDog
09-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I vote Limbsavers, I think mine is quieter. I think the bowkax little balls were banging on the limb............my .02

Scablands
09-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I too, switched the BowJax to Limbsavers and can't honestly say I could tell the difference on my GTO.

champion2
09-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Neither I prefer Horton/CSS tunerz products although my Dren DLD has Limb savers on it since it was second hand. I removed my bow Jax from my Elite XXL and replaced them with CSS tunerz.

shootstraight
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm no engineer but IMHO I believe the plastic mount of the bowjax is limiting the absorbtion of the rubber. The Limbsaver is more direct to the limb therefore absorbing more energy.

Cheyenne19
09-10-2008, 09:00 AM
The limbsavers made a difference on my envy.

wolbear
09-10-2008, 09:09 AM
I shoot a Mathews and use the Limbsavers on the limbs, mini's on the limb bolt heads & sight, and the bowjax that slip over the string on the inner side of the string and cable!:2thunbs:

tim doll
09-10-2008, 04:29 PM
When I first shot my GTO I and my son thought it was loud, so I changed and we both noticed it was much quieter with the LS quads on..

djmaxwe
09-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Put limb savers on my Z28 , made it quieter.

archer1983
09-10-2008, 09:01 PM
LS, just converted. :terminator:

shootstraight
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Come on Kevin, 89% of your members are saying Limbsavers. :shooting:

NJBuckBuster
09-10-2008, 10:19 PM
It is not even close in my Opinion.. LS are without a doubt better all the way around... I notice a major difference when I change them out..

The best way to test them both is to shoot the bow with just a rest the STS and the bojax on the bow.. Than take the Bojax off and put LS on and shoot again.. Thats when you will notice the most difference between them...

NJBB

bloodtrail1
09-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Limbsavers all the way.......I didnt care one bit for the limbjax things.....

CamG
09-11-2008, 01:15 AM
I don't know if it makes the bow any "quieter" with the limbsavers, but it sure does make the noise or "sound" nicer. The bowjax are not a very good product IMO.

Or, how bought this? Offer the bows with NO suppressors, and save everyone $10. Then they can put on whatever they like? Seems easy enough to me.

KARBON
09-11-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm no engineer but IMHO I believe the plastic mount of the bowjax is limiting the absorbtion of the rubber. The Limbsaver is more direct to the limb therefore absorbing more energy.

EXACTLY where I am thinking...

Plus the limbsaver as a little more mass.
I'm buying another set today in fact for my TA Z28

champion2
09-11-2008, 11:45 AM
My choice on all my bows!! Horton/CSS limb TunerZ

Reacher
09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I pulled the bowjax off and replaced with Quads on both my bows. I put the bowjax rubber pieces on my STS & cable slide.

coozhunter
09-12-2008, 08:55 AM
The limbsavers definately made my gto quieter!

bowman4life
09-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Alright, it seems we are having ad difference of opinions over which is better. They are both well made and do the overall job of noise reduction well. I know Limb Savers are well known and liked. But the main difference is this......If you shoot a heavy bow like 70# or more, the Bow Jax will last much longer than the Limb Savers. The kinetic energy that a 70# bow produces is taking the Limb Savers to full potential. I don't notice much, if any, of a difference between the two, the bow Jax look better and they are more durable. I am not spending extra money for a product that will tear easier, with no noticeable difference. What we need here is someone with the capacity to measure noise vibration in a controlled environment to see the actual difference. Then we will all be on the same page. Great hunting to all my fellow Eliters!!!!!!!!

shootstraight
09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Alright, it seems we are having ad difference of opinions over which is better. They are both well made and do the overall job of noise reduction well. I know Limb Savers are well known and liked. But the main difference is this......If you shoot a heavy bow like 70# or more, the Bow Jax will last much longer than the Limb Savers. The kinetic energy that a 70# bow produces is taking the Limb Savers to full potential. I don't notice much, if any, of a difference between the two, the bow Jax look better and they are more durable. I am not spending extra money for a product that will tear easier, with no noticeable difference. What we need here is someone with the capacity to measure noise vibration in a controlled environment to see the actual difference. Then we will all be on the same page. Great hunting to all my fellow Eliters!!!!!!!!

Actually I think we might be talking two different things. Are you talking about the ones that go in the string or the ones on the Limbs. I've never heard of LS that tear on the limbs or are not durable, now the ones in the strings that's a whole different story...

shootstraight
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Anymore votes for this, we're running about 90% for limbsavers.

PaBowhunter1966
09-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I put limbsavers on my GTO and Z, I think it made both quiter JMO

TEXAS 10PT
09-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Without a doubt! Limbsavers work better than BowJax.

TEXAS

MikeyL24
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Limbsavers.

jjohnson
09-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I like the bowjax string silencers but I do agree that the plastic is taking away from the limb silencers. I have been switching a lot of these and the limb savers definitely make a difference imo. It seems that with the bowjax you will here a pop almost like a snapple top. Put limbsavers on and it's gone.