Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold Weather gear and what works best for you bowhunting.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather gear and what works best for you bowhunting.

I wear the Artic Shield slip over your boot covers in the stand. Feet stay warm.

I just purchased a Artic Shield jacket yesturday. Got a steal of a deal. $75.00 on sale at discount house. Hoping it works great.

I tend to wear sweats and Carhart cover alls in the real cold. I usually get three layers of clothes on during cold weather.

DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

I need to check out these slip-over covers. Are they expensive?

Comment

Very affordable

Originally posted by P.Smash View Post
      I need to check out these slip-over covers. Are they expensive?

$29.00

There $39.00 at Cabelas. Check AT.

Link at Cabelas
      http://www.cabelas.com/p-0020696830362a.shtml

I bought mine in Illinois one year and dont need them often here but they sure work. When they demonstrate them at the show they stick there feet in dry ice. No boots on at all. I just slip them over my Muck rubber boots.

You should stop by Walls in Muskogee, they got some great stuff from Cabelas they are marking down. Marked down and now 25% off all jackets. I bought 3 jackets yesturday. Im talking good stuff. (Cabelas Brand) Goretex. Just have to dig through for sizes. Had lots of XL and 2XL and 3XL stuff.

Hoping they mork there cover alls down soon.
      DB
      OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

Generally see them between 35.00 to 45.00 dollars. Do a search on the internet for the best price. Definately worth having. I struggled for years with cold feet until I started using these. Just a note, somewhat bulky when you are wearing them in a stand. Need to really pay attention to your foot positioning.
        Safety first!!!

Jim

Comment

First of all, my feet get cold no matter what. I have tried the Arctic Shield covers before with just a pair of boots and regular socks. I almost froze to death!! That was the last tried I tried those.
          I have had a lot better luck with Boot Blankets. I don't buy in to the Arctic Shield stuff.
          Some people are just more cold natured than others (or have less insulation).
          If it is say below 30 I wear 2 layers of thermals and then insulated overalls and jacket. I wear a thick pair of wool socks with 800gr Thinsulate Lacrosse rubber boots. If it is in the single digits I stay home.

Comment

Arctic Shield for me. I will sweat in the pull over with a jacket. Bought the wife some and we stay toasty!
            To be the Man! Ya gotta beat the Man!
            So hand me my Elite!

Comment

Dusty

Originally posted by DustyRx View Post
              First of all, my feet get cold no matter what. I have tried the Arctic Shield covers before with just a pair of boots and regular socks. I almost froze to death!! That was the last tried I tried those.
              I have had a lot better luck with Boot Blankets. I don't buy in to the Arctic Shield stuff.
              Some people are just more cold natured than others (or have less insulation).
              If it is say below 30 I wear 2 layers of thermals and then insulated overalls and jacket. I wear a thick pair of wool socks with 800gr Thinsulate Lacrosse rubber boots. If it is in the single digits I stay home.
              I take blood thinner and my feet get cold. Artic shield has worked great for me and my buddies. We went to Illinois one year and its was around 20 degrees with a wind chill of 10 and we all purchased these artic shield covers and they work. They demonstrate them by putting there feet in dry ice and thats below zero.
              DB

Comment

King of the mountain wool! quiet and warm!

Comment

For still hunting, I love my HBS(Heater Body Suit). It totally takes the coldness out of the equation for me. They're a little expensive but not really when you think about it. They cost about $325 but it eliminates a large amount of money you would normally spend on cold weather gear.

And an important factor is getting dressed and the trip to your stand. If you bulk up on clothing, you're sweating by the time you're settled for a morning hunt. If you're using a HBS, you pack light and get comfortable after getting settled for the hunt. I dont like or think sweating is a good mix when hunting...the whole :censored2: scent elim thing.

Get an XXXL HBS Dan!
                  Cordwood and Lee's Custom Strings - coming soon!
                  "Life is a dirty game, u need to play dirty to win"-@#Harris

Comment

This is the easiest problem in the world to fix. Heater Body Suit. I've hunted on stand in -2 and still was plenty warm wearing uninsulated boots, and light fleece.

It is also a must for waterfowlers when using a layout blind!
                    Mac Island Outdoors
                    Elite Archery Gold Dealer
                    3488 Road BC
                    Superior, NE 68978
                    (402) 879-1945
                    www.macislandoutdoors.com

Comment

Originally posted by snakehater View Post
                      Arctic Shield for me. I will sweat in the pull over with a jacket. Bought the wife some and we stay toasty!
                      Well now if my wife was in there with me I might would stay warm to. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
                        I take blood thinner and my feet get cold. Artic shield has worked great for me and my buddies. We went to Illinois one year and its was around 20 degrees with a wind chill of 10 and we all purchased these artic shield covers and they work. They demonstrate them by putting there feet in dry ice and thats below zero.
                        DB

DB, I am inside a pharmacy working with 5 heaters going and my feet are cold right now.

Comment

been considering one of those

Comment

I found the Solution to Cold Weather....it took me years though.

The Solution is........................Carol Davis Sportswear.

https://www.cdsportswear.com/

I wear 4 layers......1. Medalist Base layer both Top & leggings.
                            2. Carrol Davis
                            3. Under Armor Fleece Hoodie
                            4. Ultimate Camo.

For boots I wear Field & Stream 400's for weather above 35 degress, with a Dry Fit sock so my feet don't sweat. Under Armor Gloves, and Under Armor Beanie, and I must say I do not get cold.

Comment

Layers of QUALITY clothing.

1st. Silk
                              2nd. Merino Wool
                              3rd. Polar Fleece or Under Armour
                              4th. Final outer layer GGW 27oz Wool.

Any temperature from the 30's to around zero.
                              Elite Z28
                              Elite Fire
                              Elite GTO

Comment

Working...
                              X