Gt draws blood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gt draws blood

Took this big doe today around 12:00.It had rained all morning and Adam was driving me crazy wanting to go to public land to hunt.We got there around 9:15 and it was still raining.We sat in the truck and I took a nap.Then I hear Adam pecking on the window and says it not raining any more.We get about 150yrds in the woods and it comes again.
    I wanted to set him up on a field but the DFW had not bush hogged it this year.I set the blind up on a old road that ran through a bunch of second growth harwoods.
    We were there about 45 min and had a doe and a yearling come in about 40 yards.The crossed the road before I could get a shot.Then a few minutes later a doe walked out about 25 yards.I went to draw on her and my release made a clicking noise and she ran off.30 minutes or so later this big doe stepped out at what I thought was 40 yards but was more like 32 yards.I shot and hit her high but she did not go 70 yards and pilled up.She filled dressed 100 lbs.Adam was buck hunting or he would have been shooting.It was a great day spent with my son.Good luck to all.

Congratulations on your harvest.
    2012 Answer in hand!!!
    2011 Elite AP Hunter
    2010 Elite AP Judge & Elite AP Snow Z-28

Comment

Congrats fellow LEFTover.
      -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

Nice doe Daryl! Go LEFTovers!

BTW, that is one huge hole. What BH were you using?
        Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

Comment

Very nice..congrats!
          2012 Elite Answer 28" 70lbs,QAD drop away, HHA Optimizer DSXL 5510, Tightspot Quiver, Stokerized 8" Hunter, Torqueless grip, Custom threads by TAZ Archery, ACC Pro Hunter 340's, Scott Sabertooth release, Ridgerunner Sling, Slick Trick Grizz Trick 2's.

Comment

congrats possum
            Judge Snow/Black
            GT500 Black/Max1
            GT500 Black/AP
            GT500 AP/Black EFX

Comment

Working...
            X