Just Got My Skull Mount Back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got My Skull Mount Back!

He was not quite big enough for a head mount, but he sure looks good like this!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2f07f186077a246c5e2536abcabb4a4d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	26041

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kkaljm
    2008.5 XLR
    2010 Z28
    2011 Pure
    2011 Tour

Looks awesome.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Comment

Originally posted by deerct101 View Post
      Looks awesome.
      X2

Rev'd e500 with Yeti Archery side plates
      MBH Energy with Rev cams (coming soon) with Yeti Archery side plates (aka Faith)
      Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
      : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
      Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Comment

takes up a lot less wall space to
        Envy 4 times
        GT 500
        E-FORCE
        ENERGY 35

Comment

Very nice!
          Todd Imiola (Elite Archery Prostaff)

Comment

I am so happy with how my mount turned out, I feel I need to give a little plug to the company behind it. Skullmounter.com. They use dermistide beetles. Deer heads are $50 plus shipping to and from (my total cost was about $100), this also includes a free plaque engraved with the year the deer was shot. They also do just about any other head imaginable. Phone # 715-267-6104, they have a website.
            2008.5 XLR
            2010 Z28
            2011 Pure
            2011 Tour

Comment

that looks great!

Comment

Looks real nice and thanks for the link. That seems like a real reasonble price and work looks great.

Comment

nice! I used to do them too. Boiled a few and that sucks!!! Bought a colony of dermistid beetles and got it big enough to knockout a head in about 2 days. Then I tried doing heads for free just to keep colony going, no luck. They will eat hot dogs but its just not the same I guess. Now I have a freezer full of deer heads I need to do something with.

Comment

Sean , learn Taxidermy .
                    2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

Originally posted by thumper View Post
                      Sean , learn Taxidermy .

Between my job, moderating here, setting up my spots on my lease and drinking beer, I dont have time to learn taxidermy. ;P

Comment

Thats pretty sweet!!!!Thats how I'm getting mine done from now on instead of cutting the antlers off the skull.That looks 100 times better on the wall than cut offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                          nice! I used to do them too. Boiled a few and that sucks!!! Bought a colony of dermistid beetles and got it big enough to knockout a head in about 2 days. Then I tried doing heads for free just to keep colony going, no luck. They will eat hot dogs but its just not the same I guess. Now I have a freezer full of deer heads I need to do something with.
                          This guy must do quite a few. It took me about 3 months to get mine back, but they told me that up front so it was expected. All I had to do was pay for shipping it there, then when it was done, the rest of the payment was done by paypal and I had the head in 4 days! Very good people to deal with!
                          2008.5 XLR
                          2010 Z28
                          2011 Pure
                          2011 Tour

Comment

Euro mounts sure do look good!
                            Elite Pro Staff - Winners Choice Pro Staff - Muzzy Pro Staff - Tightspot Pro Staff
                            Professional Hunter & Guide - Outdoor Writer

Comment

Working...
                            X