X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man did I ever choke!!!!!!!!

About a week ago, I missed a huge 6 point at only 20+ yards. Here is what happened. I heard him splash in the creek. I hit the grunt call and the can. Here he came right behind me. I stayed calm and settle my 20 yard pin behind his sholder. I shot, then I heard a loud DING. My bottom cam hit my stand, I shot very short of the buck. He ran about 20 yards and stopped, but no shot, then he walked on. Just my luck!!!!! I had to replace my cables, and do some work on my cam.
    Synergy AT
    Black Widow PMA
    Toelke Whip

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, then your heavenly Father will for give you. But if you do not forgive men of their sins, then your heavenly Father will not forgive your sins. (Matt.6: 14-15)

Bummer Dude!!!!!

Comment

All part of the game! Keeps it interesting and allows you to go after him again.
      Lovin' life.

Comment

Man that is tough luck. Luckily your bow only needed minor repair is what it sounds like. I saw a new Guardian blow up after the bottom cam hit the stand on a shot.

TEXAS
        2011 PURE MAX 1
        2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
        Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
        BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me, but my cam hit my backpack on the limb beside me. It didn't hurt anything but my pride and the arrow smacked the buck on the back sideways. The broadhead never even touched him. I know how it feels.
          Elite GT500, G5 XR Sight & Expert II Rest, Victory V Force Arrows, Blazer Vanes, Treelimb PS Quiver, Doinker 10 1/2" Stabilizer, Ranger Bow Strings, Pathfinder Arrow Wraps & Decals, Chameleon Slingz Bow Sling

Comment

Dang. Sorry to hear it. Good luck on bagging him later.
            Did you see the size of that CHICKEN??????

it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'.

The 1st Annual EAF South Texas Porkapalooza....It's on Boys!!!!!!!

Comment

I did that 2 years ago,Hope you get another chance...
              Elite Ninja GTO 70# 28.5 dl 412 grain Victory Arrow 303fps.
              Special thanks to::Joe Jacks,Jerry,Jim Posten,Proline strings,JCMorgan,BoCoMo,Git-A-Grip via Bloodtrail,and last but not least Tough Antler Tees all you guys are terrific.
              http://www.tightspotquiver.com/ http://www.jimposten.com/index.html
              http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/
              http://www.gitagrip.com/ http://www.cafepress.com/toughantlertees

Comment

that stinks. you'll get him next time.
                07 Elite Synergy
                08 Elite Synergy XT
                08 Elite XTREME-XL

Comment

been there, done that!!!
                  Doesn't make it any easier, but know, you are not alone.
                  2011 ninja Pure
                  2008 GTO, AT edition,70#

Comment

I've been there too.
                    I was at full draw sitting flat on my rear end tracking a nice buck, when he stopped I took the shot and the cam on my Pro 40 hit my lower leg and the arrow went low and left by about 5 yards.
                    Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
                    me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
                    traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Comment

Yeah that sucks! Bet you get another chance though! Hope so
                      2008 Elite Synergy XT and 2007 Synergy AT Edition
                      Limbdrivers on both
                      TrophyRidge sights
                      Gold Tip XT with Rage 2 blades

Comment

DOH! That bites when you get into the right spot, beat him at his own game, and at the last second, something goes wrong.
                        Bowhunting is a game of inches though, and attention to the details. Oh well... it let's you get back out there, get after him again, and stay in the game.
                        AND... I'll bet you don't make that mistake again. Every day we spend in the woods is a learning exerience. And we learn from the little snafu's we make along the way. They make us more exerienced, and better all-around hunters. And we've all had our little snafu's.. Trust me.

He won that round, now get back out and even the score. Good luck!
                        Elite Pro Staff
                        AT Z28, XLR, GT500, Blue Target Synergy and Camo Synergy
                        Prostaff Shooter- Rainier Archery
                        Trophy Taker/Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock Broadhead Prostaff "Hunt with the best".
                        Carbon Express, Sure-Loc, Carter, Lancaster Archery, Spot-Hogg, Onestringer Arrow Wraps,Tough Antler Tees, Nature's Way Taxidermy
                        "Join the Elite REVOLUTION"

Comment

If it can go wrong it will go wrong. You have to make sure it CAN'T GO WRONG.
                          Elite Gt500 65#@28"
                          bodoodle
                          truglo boomslang sight
                          goldtip hunter xt

Prostaffer and owner www.homevideooutdoors.com

The Bigger the Buck, The Bigger the MAN!

Comment

Happens to the best of us at some point or another i suppose. Smack him twice as hard the next time you see him..
                            Co-Owner of Rattler Grips (Bobby left it to me in his will)
                            Part Time Forum Terrorist and Thread Hostage Taker.

Selling my 08 GT500 and a whole bunch of goodies. PM me if interested.

Comment

Anybody notice this post is from almost a year ago?
                              '08 1/2 Elite GT-500 70lb 30"
                              '08 1/2 Elite Z-28 70lb 30"

Double the LOVE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X