X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas Question What are your thoughts

Not sure if most of you heard on the next to last end.

Judged made a ruling.

Then two other judges was called to make a ruling and over turned the first judges ruling.

My question is.

Would you want three judges or one making the call.

My opionion is if your ever going to put archery on TV. I dont think the three judge rule is going to work for TV time. It really slows the process down. I believe the shooters on the final shoot down. Should stay on the line. Let the judge make the call and thats it.

Whats everyone thoughts?

In ASA 3D. No is at the target but the judge making the call and its final.
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

"Call it how you see it" that is what I standby and practice! And has worked for me locally and nationally!! Plus in sports when the ref. or umpire are talking those players are pushed away so they can do their JOB!!
    Elite Archery Pro Staff
    Stage 1 Pro Staff
    VaporTrail Limbdriver Prostaff
    Get Kids Involved!!!

Comment

Whats your opionion

Originally posted by LakeinX2 View Post
      "Call it how you see it" that is what I standby and practice! And has worked for me locally and nationally!! Plus in sports when the ref. or umpire are talking those players are pushed away so they can do their JOB!!
      You want one judge or three calling your arrows?
      DB
      OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

1 and 1 only less dispute, I look at it this way, you should have made a better shot on that target! jmo
        Elite Archery Pro Staff
        Stage 1 Pro Staff
        Get Kids Involved!!!

Comment

Thats what my coach says

Originally posted by LakeinX2 View Post
          1 and 1 only less dispute, I look at it this way, you should have made a better shot on that target! jmo

He will be judging at Indoor nationals. Dean Pridgean.

I agree with judges call. I have never questioned a judges call. Its final if my opionion.
          DB

Comment

Are you going to the nationals DB? I live across the Ohio river from Louisville, Ky

Billy
            Elite Archery Pro Staff
            Stage 1 Pro Staff
            Get Kids Involved!!!

Comment

I like allowing the shooters to have the first say in the matter (As does the IBO)...this is not the case in Vegas. IF this was the rule in Vegas, then Morgan himself would have called the arrow out, because even he (Morgan) gave the thumbs down on the shot and stated he and Reo were still tied (this was the account by Reo, which I have absolutely no reason to doubt).
              I believe if you give a judge the first chance at calling, then you need to give the shooters the second chance....if a discrepancy exists, then you bring in another judge.

Comment

I would have to ask but I believe at fita world cup events shooters don't even leave the line. For as long as the game has been around and for the monies these guys are shooting for I'm surprised that some sort of tool like a divider calibrated to the size of the rings hasn't been introduce. Being Canadian give me the genetic coding to be able to watch curling and even understand the game. why curling has made the leap top the international television stage is that the judges have the tools to eliminate all doubt when the tough questions arise like who is closer to the button. If a sport like curling can build an accurate twelve foot caliper why can't archery do the same.
                this awesome avatar is courtesy tough antler tees I stand in awe of his great work
                I live with fear every day and some days she lets me go hunting

Comment

Originally posted by cdhunter View Post
                  I would have to ask but I believe at fita world cup events shooters don't even leave the line. For as long as the game has been around and for the monies these guys are shooting for I'm surprised that some sort of tool like a divider calibrated to the size of the rings hasn't been introduce. Being Canadian give me the genetic coding to be able to watch curling and even understand the game. why curling has made the leap top the international television stage is that the judges have the tools to eliminate all doubt when the tough questions arise like who is closer to the button. If a sport like curling can build an accurate twelve foot caliper why can't archery do the same.
                  You would think in a place like Vegas with stakes that high...a laser/computerized scoring system could be used for the x-ring in the final shoot-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                    I like allowing the shooters to have the first say in the matter (As does the IBO)...this is not the case in Vegas. IF this was the rule in Vegas, then Morgan himself would have called the arrow out, because even he (Morgan) gave the thumbs down on the shot and stated he and Reo were still tied (this was the account by Reo, which I have absolutely no reason to doubt).
                    I believe if you give a judge the first chance at calling, then you need to give the shooters the second chance....if a discrepancy exists, then you bring in another judge.

What he said! From Reo's post to the forum here....

Comment

You would think in a place like Vegas with stakes that high...a laser/computerized scoring system could be used for the x-ring in the final shoot-off.
                      no something simple and obvious that can't be questioned. Something that all judges could easily carry even at the smallest of tournaments. I've watched judges at major tournaments use the "if you had to call rule" which means "if you had to call me unless it's obvious it's out" A simple tool that's cheap and readily available easy to use eliminates all opinion and that's what spectators want.
                      this awesome avatar is courtesy tough antler tees I stand in awe of his great work

Comment

I was there and wittnessed it, and let me tell you, it was an incredible shootoff. If there were only 1 judge calling it, then the wrong person would have won. I think that in a competition at this level, there needs to be more then just one judge calling the arrows if there is a dispute. During the normal matches, one of the four archers calls the arrows and if he is unsure another archer looks at it and if it is too close to call, you call a judge over for final say. This was my first time there, and I think what they are doing works....just my opinion.
                        2008.5 XLR
                        2010 Z28
                        2011 Pure
                        2011 Tour

Comment

Originally posted by cdhunter View Post
                          no something simple and obvious that can't be questioned. Something that all judges could easily carry even at the smallest of tournaments. I've watched judges at major tournaments use the "if you had to call rule" which means "if you had to call me unless it's obvious it's out" A simple tool that's cheap and readily available easy to use eliminates all opinion and that's what spectators want.
                          I've shot under different circumstances...the benefit is typically given to the shooter if there is a difference in opinion.
                          I'm just waiting for blistered 2712 arrow wraps to come out to give that extra advantage right where the target butt/target paper interface is (maybe I should patent it first

Comment

I've shot under different circumstances...the benefit is typically given to the shooter if there is a difference in opinion.
                            I'm just waiting for blistered 2712 arrow wraps to come out to give that extra advantage right where the target butt/target paper interface is (maybe I should patent it first
                            doesn't help fita shooters the arrow has to fit through the gauge.

Comment

Working...
                            X