X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Cam Classic 3D Shoot

The Winter Cam Classic 3D shoot will be held on February 5th and 6th of 2011 at Minett Hall in Rochester, NY. This shoot will consist of a 42 target traditional style 3D shoot with targets out to 45 yards as well as a 10 target Pop ľUp course all under the same roof. There will be multiple classes to cover different levels of shooters with prizes to the top 3shooters in each class. There will also be an overall Winter Cam Classic Champion with the best combined score in the 3D and Pop-Up competitions.

The Winter Cam Classic 3D shoot will become the best 3D shoot in the North East. We already have the support of some of the top archery companies in the industry with more to follow. Watch the growth of the event on our web site or register to be a shooter at www.wintercamclassic.com

Thank you in advance for your willingness to support the efforts of Winter Cam Classic.

Kevin Casey
    Director of Sponsorship
    Winter Cam Classic

kevin,
    hard to understand the format. I shoot back tension which may not be that suited for popup. Is the popup part of your overall round??? Looking forward to it.

Comment

Winter Scam Classic.

Gotta drop a line here.....I must say that I was very impressed with the overall shoot setup...and the coordination of the shoot overall. I must also regrettable say...that the Staff of the shoot failed massively on the Registration advertising and follow through where the Traditional Archers were concerned. A very well known and respected Trad Archer from the Saratoga region of upstate NY was not only lied to but discriminated against due to his classification as a shooter by the proprietors of the shoot. Mike Cranston was one of 2 Traditional shooters that attended the shoot based upon the advertisement and also Via telephone communications with the shoot staff. Due to the fact that the shoot only saw 2 trad shooters.....after the completion of day 1 there was a debate as to why Mike and the other shooter were being placed in the Bowhunter class. Is it fair to put them in a class against sight shooters even after you invited their respective class to the shoot through advertising and your word on the phone ? The answer is clearly NO. Should you make them out to be the bad guy after they verbalize their concerns regarding the matter ? Again NO. Should you definitely cater to the class and treat them as fairly as you treated every other shooter that paid the overly generous $50.00 entry fee and paid their own ways and hotels etc ?? YES No matter how many shooters are in a class if the shooter makes the trip....and you advertise the class....YOU handle it. I must again express my absolute dissapointment in the handling of this matter by the staff as well as the Owner of Elite (Pete). We as the archery community and as brothers and sisters of the sport....must think and put ourselves in Mikes shoes as we think this over and come to terms with the ill treatment of one of our brothers that embraces the Grass roots of our very sport. Never forget that this country was shaped on the stick and the string ........Our very livelyhoods at one time in our history strived and flourished because someone...strung a stick and flew a shaft of wood from it.

Thanks for reading.
      Lee D Dufresne.

Comment

Classes where posted well before the shoot!
        Elite Archery Pro Staff
        Stage 1 Pro Staff
        VaporTrail Limbdriver Prostaff
        Get Kids Involved!!!

Comment

Some people should get their facts straight concerning the winter cam classic. I found out today that the trad. archer Lee speaks of was given his money back for starters. This is from a good source. Also too clearify what happened the trad. archer wanted to shoot from different stakes than the hunter class. Anyone who knows anything about INDOOR shoots knows that's not how it works. You shoot from the same line. However, your score is in a different class. There were only two trad. archers competing. They both would have gone home with prizes. I could go on trying to explain but I feel it will only anger this archer who took a fun event a little too serious. I don't know Pete personally but I do know this event was of great expense to him. Maybe this was just a misunderstanding either way I had a great time and I hope we can do it again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AfflictedArcher View Post
            Some people should get their facts straight concerning the winter cam classic. I found out today that the trad. archer Lee speaks of was given his money back for starters. This is from a good source. Also too clearify what happened the trad. archer wanted to shoot from different stakes than the hunter class. Anyone who knows anything about INDOOR shoots knows that's not how it works. You shoot from the same line. However, your score is in a different class. There were only two trad. archers competing. They both would have gone home with prizes. I could go on trying to explain but I feel it will only anger this archer who took a fun event a little too serious. I don't know Pete personally but I do know this event was of great expense to him. Maybe this was just a misunderstanding either way I had a great time and I hope we can do it again next year.

You realize Vermontpro is banned and cant respond to you dont you?
            DB
            OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

Trad archer.

Greetings. I am looking to reply to the post. I made the post and have to say that it was in poor judgement that I threw it on the forum. I also will reply to the remarks regarding the trad archer and the facts. The trad archer is Mike Cranston. He is my best friend and a great shooter in the trad world. He never asked for different stakes. He reacted to something at the table sunday morning. I was not there to see what happened I was too busy trying to get ready to shoot for the top 5 finish. The shoot was awesome. It sucks that I did not get to finish. It also sucks that there will be hearsay and he said she said .....but I will say this in closing. Pete and I have talked via email and I think we are at a good position. I was impressed with the shoot setup and layout. I wish things had gone differently. Mike was refunded. I was also offered my money back when I was leaving and refunded. That was also commendable. Not what I was hoping for but it is what it is at this point. If there is another shoot I will be there....shooting my class. alone. and will bring a hunting rig to shoot that popup if it is still part of the deal...those are tough from a form shooters point....with a pro rig. No BT and blade rests good there..lol but fun as heck.

I apologize for the initial airing of dirty laundry...just wanted to get the story out there...yet as justified as I felt in doing it..I was wrong for doing so..I have learned that it was not the best course of action. Thanks for reading. Lets let this rest. Pete Great shoot,,,,better subject......Is the Tour Bow a myth or a real thing ???? I really wanted to chat with you about that rig. Interesting looking bow there........

Comment

Originally posted by AfflictedArcher View Post
                The trad archer did not request any such thing. he only asked that his class be recognized and not be put into the bowhunters class. That is the clarification . thanks. Mike shoots the Muzzy shoots and all other venues. He just didnt want his name and score posted as a bowhunter....who can blame him for that ? I wouldnt want to be next to dead last on a scoring list that I did not compete in. LOL. Thanks and again. lets let this die. I was in error for bringing it to a public forum. My bad. Thanks.

Comment

Don't know you or your freind but best luck in the future to both of you ,shoot good .When you call out the owner of Elite on a Elite forum your looking to get hung , you don't know how nasty the Texas boys can be . Last guy to come on here and complain about Pete was turned into hog feed ! LOL Thanks for setting things straight !
                  2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

Gonna let people fight their own battles from now on

Originally posted by thumper View Post
                    Don't know you or your freind but best luck in the future to both of you ,shoot good .When you call out the owner of Elite on a Elite forum your looking to get hung , you don't know how nasty the Texas boys can be . Last guy to come on here and complain about Pete was turned into hog feed ! LOL Thanks for setting things straight !
                    LOL thanks.....Yea and after all was said and done....what was it all worth really ? And I see Mikes name atop the Trad class.....Wish I would have gotten my last hurrah. Next year. Thanks and thanks.

lee

Comment

What a GREAT shoot! I had a fantastic, fun filled time at the WCC. I look forward to attending any and all Elite Archery sponsored shoots held in the Northeast. I would just like to say thank you to the Elite Archery staff for their efforts to make this shoot as awesome as it was. On a side note, how would one go about seeing the footage captured during the event? I would especially like to see the pop-up portion and the shoot offs.

Thank you,
                      Ryan Cox

Comment

Good shooting with you

Originally posted by Dv8tion View Post
                        What a GREAT shoot! I had a fantastic, fun filled time at the WCC. I look forward to attending any and all Elite Archery sponsored shoots held in the Northeast. I would just like to say thank you to the Elite Archery staff for their efforts to make this shoot as awesome as it was. On a side note, how would one go about seeing the footage captured during the event? I would especially like to see the pop-up portion and the shoot offs.

Thank you,
                        Ryan Cox
                        Hey Ryan.....was great to get to shoot with you.....you really have a good shot sequence with that Bowtech...good shooting man. Was a pleasure to have shot with you and your brother....you guys made it feel like I have shot with you before.....was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8tion View Post

Thank you,
                          Ryan Cox
                          First off, Congrats Ryan on the pop-up win, you are gong to love that Pulse. It was my friends that had the cameras when I hear something about that I will let you know. Hope to see you down here to pick-up the new bow.
                          "The Yankee Bowman"
                          ----------------------------------------
                          '08 LH GT500-65lb Next G1 ​sold
                          09 LH Z28-70lb AP sold
                          '09 LH Z28-60lb AP sold
                          '10 LH XLR-60lb AP Snow sold
                          '11 LH Elite Pure-70lb Max 1 sold
                          '12 LH Elite Answer-70lb-AP Black ​​sold
                          '13 LH Hoyt Procomp Elite XL-60lb- Orange with Black hardware
                          '14 LH Hoyt Faktor 34-65lb- AP

Comment

My Pulse arrived yesterday!!! I am astonished with the customer service of this company! It was shipped and recieved within a week of winning it. My bowtech has been retired to the bow case as a back up (not that I'll need it). I can't wait to shoot the pulse!!! Thank you again to the Elite staff as well as 3D and SS for your comments.

Thank you
                            Ryan Cox

Comment

Working...
                            X