X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullzeyex View Post
    I have been shooting single cams for several years, how do these elite binary cams draw vs. my 05' Switchback? Anyone shot the switchback vs. an elite?
    To me, my envy is smoother. My switchback falls off hard. The Envy is firm to the back wall, with a small valley. It was different at first, but I like it a lot better now.
    Envy #114 fall leaf 70lb 29" 409gr @309fps
    GT500 reverse AT 70lb 29" 409gr @306fps
    Sword, Victory, Posten, G5 Montec

Comment

Originally posted by Bullzeyex View Post
      I have been shooting single cams for several years, how do these elite binary cams draw vs. my 05' Switchback? Anyone shot the switchback vs. an elite?
      I got rid of both my Switchbacks to get Elite bows. The draw is a little stiffer but its not harsh by any measure. People think that to get the speed that these bows produce it will pull your arm off to draw it back but that couldn't further from the truth. I've got a 70lb Synergy that I really enjoy shooting. Once you get used to the draw you forget what the Switchback even felt like.

TEXAS
      2011 PURE MAX 1
      2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
      Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
      BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

me too,, sold my 05 switchy and converted to a Synergy, then a Envy,,, I still have an LX if you want it though Cheyenne,, lol
        2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

Originally posted by Takeum View Post
          me too,, sold my 05 switchy and converted to a Synergy, then a Envy,,, I still have an LX if you want it though Cheyenne,, lol
          Well if you're giving it away
          Envy #114 fall leaf 70lb 29" 409gr @309fps
          GT500 reverse AT 70lb 29" 409gr @306fps
          Sword, Victory, Posten, G5 Montec

Comment

Gto

Originally posted by Tough Antler Tees View Post
            That is one sweet looking bow & the specs cover a full range of shooters! I got a couple of local dealers getting Elites, but one is not placing an order until the GTO is ready for production. So, make sure Spokane Valley Archery is first in line to get one, so that this new guy (but highly addicted already) to archery can shoot all the Elite bows & decide which one(s) he will order!
            Ordered my setup today at Spokane Archery:
            • Elite GTO (Riser, Limbs and Strings all black)
            • Spot Hogg SDP Wrapped (black)
            • QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD (black)
            • Carbon Tech “Panther” 400 Spine Arrows with Blazer Veins
            • Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads (100 grain)
            • E-String Suppressor
            • SKB Hardcase
            • Stabilizer: Fuse Axium Sidekick (black)
            • Fuse 4 Arrow Quiver

Hope to have it first part of December for my mule deer hunt in NM.

Comment

Holy Moly,, sweet! I can't wait to see pictures of that Ninja Bow,, i have a Ninja Envy,, sorta,,, check it out!
              Last edited by Takeum; 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM.
              2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

Originally posted by Ultramax View Post
                I am definitely happy about the DLs being that close to AMO standards. Too many of the bow companies are just making the bows DL longer without saying its any longer to exaggerate their speeds.

That is why I made the draw lengths AMO, I know it is depressing for people to purchase a bow because of a SPEED rating then realize you have to drop down a 1/2" or more shorter mod or cam, the speed you were so proud of now is a lot slower than you were expecting. I want the person who spends their hard earned money on an Elite product to be happy with their purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite_Kevin View Post
                  That is why I made the draw lengths AMO, I know it is depressing for people to purchase a bow because of a SPEED rating then realize you have to drop down a 1/2" or more shorter mod or cam, the speed you were so proud of now is a lot slower than you were expecting. I want the person who spends their hard earned money on an Elite product to be happy with their purchase.
                  We are! That's just incase you haven't been reading when you stop in.
                  Elite Archery Dealer
                  Carbon Express Dealer
                  Sword Accusite
                  IDF4L

Comment

Kevin...you make such great bows that I don't think you could ever disappoint anybody who bought one. I'm sure glad I tried one in March of this year because I've never shot anything better....well I don't have any 08's yet

TEXAS
                    2011 PURE MAX 1
                    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
                    BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

For those of you that like me love Kinetic Energy, I was playing around last week and decided to shoot a variety of arrow eights out of a GTO, here are the results.

70# 29" draw
                      350 gr= 337 fps
                      400 gr= 318 fps
                      450 gr= 301 fps
                      848 gr= 223 fps

70# 30" draw
                      350 gr= 352 fps
                      400 gr= 332 fps
                      450 gr= 313 fps
                      848 gr= 235 fps

I think these are sufficient for any game most of you hunt.

Comment

Ninja GTO

Originally posted by Takeum View Post
                        Holy Moly,, sweet! I can't wait to see pictures of that Ninja Bow,, i have a Ninja Envy,, sorta,,, check it out!
                        That's a cool looking bow you have there Takeum! I've been shooting Hoyts but when I recently shot the Envy everything changed how I viewed the top 3 bow manufacturers. Give Elite 5 years and they'll be in the top 3,for sure. Now I have to find a black quiver for my ninja bow! Any suggestions?

Comment

848 grains! We call that rebar here in Ohio. Holy crap that is heavy, and the sad part is it's still faster than my last two indoor bows.
                          Elite Archery Dealer
                          Carbon Express Dealer
                          Sword Accusite
                          IDF4L

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            848 grains! We call that rebar here in Ohio. Holy crap that is heavy, and the sad part is it's still faster than my last two indoor bows.

And it went through two targets and almost the door behind it.

Good thing no one was in the other room.

Comment

May I have that arrow? As a structural engineer, I am sure I can put it to good use.... wait a minute... nevermind, I couldn't afford the shipping cost.
                              Elite Archery Dealer
                              Carbon Express Dealer
                              Sword Accusite
                              IDF4L

Comment

Gto

For those of you that like me love Kinetic Energy, I was playing around last week and decided to shoot a variety of arrow eights out of a GTO, here are the results.

70# 29" draw
                                350 gr= 337 fps
                                400 gr= 318 fps
                                450 gr= 301 fps
                                848 gr= 223 fps

70# 30" draw
                                350 gr= 352 fps
                                400 gr= 332 fps
                                450 gr= 313 fps
                                848 gr= 235 fps

I think these are sufficient for any game most of you hunt.
                                Looks like a 60 lb. GTO would make a very good hunting bow

Comment

Working...
                                X