Carbon Tech Arrows.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Tech Arrows.

I am really impressed with the accuracy of these shafts out of my XLR. I also shoot ACCs and ACC Pro Hunters, which are supposed to be the best as far as accuracy and spine, but I almost always get the best groups from the CT arrrows. I usually shoot three arrow groups in my basement at 20 yards and the CT are almost always touching each other. My ACC groups are usually within 1"-1.5", but don't touch as often as the CT arrows. Any explanations to this? They also seem to be very tough shafts. Does anyone else shoot these arrows?
    Thanks.
    New Breed Eclipse 68# @ 33.5"/John's Customs Strings/CBE Tek Hybrid/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Rampage/QAD Exodus 125
    2013 PSE Freak 63# @ 33.5"/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Carnivores/Gravedigger 125
    Thunderhorn Longbow 63# @ 32"
    John's Custom Bowstrings ~ Black Eagle Arrows ~ Dead Center Archery Products ~ Firenock

I am curious to see the answers to this question as well. I'm trying to find a really good arrow to sell out of my shop. I can't seem to find a company that wants to sell arrows. I've been looking at the carbon tech for a while but don't know enough about them.
    Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
    : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
    Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Comment

I have been shooting the CT Cheetahs for a while now, and they have been the best arrows I have used for accuracy. As far as toughness, I am not real sure because when I shoot groups, they shoot so tight I am always hitting arrows and it seems as if they do not take a hit real well. How this compares to other arrows I am not sure, but it seemed to me that the Beamans I used to shoot lasted me a lot longer....
      2008.5 XLR
      2010 Z28
      2011 Pure
      2011 Tour

Comment

IMO Carbon Tech arrows are THE best arrows out.
        Mac Island Outdoors
        Elite Archery Gold Dealer
        3488 Road BC
        Superior, NE 68978
        (402) 879-1945
        www.macislandoutdoors.com

Comment

I have shot these arrows for the last three years. I keep looking for something cheeper. But I keep buying ct every year. I love em.

Comment

I've been shooting Hippos for a couple of years with good success, I will say though they seem a bit stiff for my current set up and don't want to paper tune as well as my CXL SS's.
            2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
            Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

i had never used carbon tech arrows until 4 days ago
              and i am very impressed with them!
              i dont see myself changing to any other shaft in the future
              aka. hedoe

2008 GTO

Comment

I'm something of an arrow fanatic (to put it mildly as many of my HNI bretheren would likely agree), and up until a few years I ago I had tested pretty much everything available for the last 8-10 years. Dozens of dozens of different arrrows. GT , CX, CT, all of the Easton & Beman stuff, Vapor (pre- goldtip) original AFC/Beman/Easton/CAE pultrudeds, blah blah blah.

Carbon Tech's outshine other all-carbon shafts I've tested because they are EXTREMELY consistent in spine- both shaft to shaft, dozen to dozen, and SAS (spine around shaft). Very few other arrows are as good- A/C/Cs being one of those few. I'd rather shoot the .005s TIR straightness CT Whitetails than nearly anything the "big boys" make- and I've done so. with careful trimming from both ends, I was able to get shafts that rivaled the best Goldtip Pros, CX 3D Selects, etc for straightness and weight with far better spine tolerance. and they don't "shoot out" or take a set like some of those other arrows do. The only downside is availability and typically they are less durable than an equivalent Goldtip shaft and about like CX, maybe a bit more brittle- the price you pay for the tolerances (using redline or 3-60 uni bushings with G nocks helps a bit)

Bows like rifles tend to like certain "ammo" best. That could explain the grouping- many feel that all carbon recovers a bit quicker than the alum core the ACC uses- which theoretically can make for tighter groups. Also, could very well be just an optimum spine issue or eyes playing tricks- especially if you are shooting say a 3-28-3-39 or 3-49. Group size could be roughly the same, but the arrows arenot touching becuase they are smaller in diameter

Bottom line and despite all the other manufacturers hype CT is BY FAR the best I've tested in all carbon- right in there with A/C/Cs.

I'm anxious to try some of these new Victory brand shafts- a couple of other guys whose opinions/testing I trust have been pretty impressed (no offense, but not Victory "staff" shooters, or former Goldtip guys who switched over-I've seen plenty of this over on AT-not one has cited any real testing other than for straightness or weight). I also understand CX has made some significant improvements in the last couple of years as well- I will be getting my hands on some maximas to test as well to see if that is the case.
                Last edited by JeffB; 01-17-2009, 11:27 PM.
                Whenever you start to feel good about humanity just visit an internet message board for a shift in perspective.

"If I want to watch ignorant rednecks make fools of themselves on camera I'd rather watch COPS" -myself, discussing the Hunting Video/TV "industry"

flyingarrowsports.com 3 Locations in NY- Elite Archery dealer- ask for Mike and tell him JeffB sent ya!

Comment

I keep hearing the same thing about CT's,thats why I'll be trying some this year...
                  GT500 28" #60
                  XLR hopefully soon

Comment

Great post JeffB. My eyes are not playing tricks though. I shoot heavy spined arrows due to my 32" draw. The new Pro Hunter ACCs fly great, but the CT Rhino's just group better, as I said, almost always touching. It could be the optimal bullet/spine thing you discussed. I will be shooting the 150 gr Silver Flames and I'm now using 150 grain FPs for practice. My finished arrows are 535 - 560 grains, depending on the ACC or CT shaft. I am still getting 280 fps out of these arrows at 68#'s. That's as high as my XLR will go.
                    New Breed Eclipse 68# @ 33.5"/John's Customs Strings/CBE Tek Hybrid/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Rampage/QAD Exodus 125
                    2013 PSE Freak 63# @ 33.5"/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Carnivores/Gravedigger 125
                    John's Custom Bowstrings ~ Black Eagle Arrows ~ Dead Center Archery Products ~ Firenock

Comment

Just was saying I've seen people have that "eyes playing tricks on them" issue- I have myself in years past. Not neccesarily it was THE issue with yourself, just a possibility.

At any rate- stick with what works!

My local shop no longer carries CT due to supply issues, so I will have to look elsewhere for some this year if I go that way.
                      Whenever you start to feel good about humanity just visit an internet message board for a shift in perspective.

"If I want to watch ignorant rednecks make fools of themselves on camera I'd rather watch COPS" -myself, discussing the Hunting Video/TV "industry"

flyingarrowsports.com 3 Locations in NY- Elite Archery dealer- ask for Mike and tell him JeffB sent ya!

Comment

I've shot CT whitetails for the past 5 years and love them.. they are strong and straight and made in the USA. One of the best arrows made period.

Comment

I have said it many times before the Carbon Tech spine tolerances are amazing. Best grouping arrow out there. You buy a dozen and you dont have any flyers. For me the hard part is no dealers in my area carry them. May order the from LAS. Thinking some whitetail XPS are in order!!
                          Last edited by champion2; 01-18-2009, 11:56 AM.
                          2008.5 Elite Ninja Z28, and 2009 Optifade Bowtech Sentinel
                          Vortex Optics
                          Double Bull Archery
                          Stealth Archery
                          Natural Predator Prostaff

Comment

Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
                            I've been shooting Hippos for a couple of years with good success, I will say though they seem a bit stiff for my current set up and don't want to paper tune as well as my CXL SS's.
                            How do the rhino's compare to cxl ss as far as accuracy? I'm interested in these for 3d this year.
                            Dan
                            RICHARDSON'S TAXIDERMY
                            Pro Elite
                            XXL

Comment

Originally posted by heaterht View Post
                              How do the rhino's compare to cxl ss as far as accuracy? I'm interested in these for 3d this year.
                              Dan
                              I have been shooting the Rhino's and they are what I was referring to as far as fantastic accuracy and groups. They were the XP's though. I may also order some Whitetail XP's to lighten my finished arrows as with the Rhino's and 150 grain tips, they weigh 560 grains. The WT's would get me down to about 500 gr.

Comment

Working...
                              X