X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Express Cxlss

Hi Friends, I would like to try the new CXL-SS shafts. What do you think about them? I shoot 3D, up to 50 yards.

I have been shooting easton lightspeed 3D and I am happy with them, but I want to try a bigger shaft to cut the lines.

Thanks
    David

try the fatboys with the micro insert

Comment

The CXL ss is a great 3-D arrow and they take a great deal of punishment. Although I now shoot Linejammers I shot CXL's for 2 years and was very pleased with them. you can match them with Carbon Express parabolic adjustable points for precise tuning of weight and speed. Many of the top pros shoot this arrow in both ASA and IBO. Your friend in archery, Old Man Archer
      2014 E35 AP Snow 60lb 31''
      2013 Pure AP Snow 60lb 31''
      2010 Judge Anthracite Metallic 60lb 30''
      2011 Tour AP Snow 60lb 31'' Dead Center Archery Products Factory Staff
      Light travels faster than sound .... thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!!!!!

Comment

The LineJammers are larger in dia and also offered in SS. I am not sure the advantage of the CXL over the LineJammers??

Mark

Comment

im not sure so check me on this but i think the advantage is in weight
          E32
          HHA Sights
          QAD
          B-Stinger
          Scott Rleases
          Gold Tip and Muzzy...a Match made in heaven

Back in the west after 20 years in Illinois....I sure will miss those Illinois Whitetails...taking it out on Speed Goats and Elk

Comment

Originally posted by MIBIGHNTR View Post
            The LineJammers are larger in dia and also offered in SS. I am not sure the advantage of the CXL over the LineJammers??

Mark
            The CXL is a better choice for lower draw weight or shorter draw length other than that my choice is the Linejammer due to it being larger.
            2014 E35 AP Snow 60lb 31''
            2013 Pure AP Snow 60lb 31''
            2010 Judge Anthracite Metallic 60lb 30''
            2011 Tour AP Snow 60lb 31'' Dead Center Archery Products Factory Staff
            Light travels faster than sound .... thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!!!!!

Comment

I've used them for a couple of years now and really like them, they are very consistent and accurate.
              2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
              Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Originally posted by MIBIGHNTR View Post

Mark

Thanks all, I will try them and post feedback.

LineJammers are not FITA legal, that is the reason.

Comment

I love mine. Been shooting them now for about a month and have had to stop shooting at the same spot even at 40 yards. Very consistent arrows. I don't have one flyer in the dozen. I guess that being spineselected matters. Very impressed so far.
                  Dan
                  RICHARDSON'S TAXIDERMY
                  Pro Elite
                  XXL

Comment

wow!

Hi again friends,

I have tried the new CXL SS and they are awesome, I put four arrows in a 5" dia group at 55 yards several times. I think they will be my arrows for 3D this season.

Thanks all.

Comment

CXL's are great arrows and with adjustable parabolic tips and inserts very versatile. I have mine fletched with 187 flex fletch and they fly perfectly. I also played around with nock end. I have some with the new pin nock kit and some with regular nock. The regular nock works just fine and weighs 10 gns. less giving you a better FOC. I also took acteone to the gaudy blue and now have a nice black stealth arrow with no logo.
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Comment

I love my CXL 150 SS's.... I use them with the duravane 3/D vanes and shoot a 80 grn point.. THey fly like a dream and very durable..
                        2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

Shot a tree the other day and arrow didn't survive. Broke of about 4 in up clean. Maybe not the most durable but they do fly great.
                          Dan
                          RICHARDSON'S TAXIDERMY
                          Pro Elite
                          XXL

Comment

Definitely not durable if shot into something but very accurate. I have 350 spine and cut them to 29" and have to use 125gr tips to get close to spine being correct with my setup was hoping for a lighter arrow. Shouldn't have cut them and just bought adjustable points.
                            E35

Comment

Working...
                            X