X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot Hog Whammy

Has anyone here used a Spot Hog Whammy how good and reliable are they or is there anything better for target archery?

Cheers Foxy.

Have a look a this post (from Dave Nowlin). According to him you should probably have a closer look at the LimbDriver arrow rest made by Vapor Trail.

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by foxy View Post
        Has anyone here used a Spot Hog Whammy how good and reliable are they or is there anything better for target archery?

Cheers Foxy.
        In my opinion, the best traget specific rest, is a spring steel, nothing fancy, just solid performance.
        Elite Archery Dealer
        Carbon Express Dealer
        Sword Accusite
        IDF4L

Comment

Foxy I had trouble with the whammy holding the heavy arrow up. I shoot a 500+ grain arrow for indoor targets. the timing was hard to get right. it seemed to change day to day. I would do allot of research before I bought one. JMHO!
          I agree with Michael a spring steel style rest is on 9 out of 10 bows on the line here.
          No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

The whammy is a good idea, that does not work that well. It is very finicky, takes a while to get working perfect and if anything on your bow changes...its not perfect anymore. Take a look at the limb driver, or any spring steel launcher and you will be much happier!
            I shoot what feels the best, who will make it this year??

Comment

whammy

I posted over on the tech corner about the whammy. Its on the second page titled "tell me about the whammy". My post is at the end of the thread, if you have any questions pm i'll glad to answer them.

Comment

Working...
              X