X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Energy 6 5/8" brace ?

For you guys that have this bow what cams do most of you have? Mine i believe are the old K8 version where the cable peg faces down towards the limb. Are these the same cams that were on the early e-500's? Will 500 mods work on these cams? And do these mods run 3/4" long over what they are stated? I am trying to figure out whether or not to put Envy cams on this bow or if these are jsut about as fast. I did not like the e-500 i had with these cams because they were waaaaayyyy to long in measured draw length. I need a 29" measured draw and would need a 28 " mod to get that on the older cams. Any info will help greatly. Thanks
    2014 E32 MAX 1
    2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
    WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

I have the exact bow and I put my 500 mods for my E-500 on the Energy and I've had no problems. I asked Kevin about this and he said they would fit and they do. My draw is 28" and everything seems to be on for me. I like the original K8 cams but I don't think the Envy Cams will work on the Energy. My bow is pretty fast. I was shooting a 360gr. GoldTip for hunting and I got 275fps @ 55#. Again my draw is 28". At 60# with a 300gr. arrow i'm sure I would be well over the 300fps mark.
    Elite XLR & Obsession Sniper
    HHA OL-5519 Sights & Predator Peep
    QAD Rest, Easton Axis Arrows, Gold Tip
    Sims, Carbon Impact & Dead Center Stabilizers

Comment

Envy Cams do work on an Energy: This one is an 80lber

Comment

I know there are a few out there with Envy cams but i am wondering if the performane is any better than with the old K8 cams? I have a set of Envy cams for it but if i was betting i don't think they will out perform the old version of K8 cams unless it has to do with draw lengths. The Envy will run 3/8" long while the older K8 cams seem to run 3/4" long. Ayone else played with these much? I am guessing 340 ibo is where it will end up.
        2014 E32 MAX 1
        2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS

Comment

That one is a 27" draw and i think it shot mid 320's

Comment

The draw on that bow is right. The mod that was in it was a 28.5 and the 29 was in the bag in the box. I didn't measure it with the 28.5 but with the 29 it was right on. Also for me the 500 mods were not any faster than the speed mods in that bow.
            The Original Bear Whitetail
            2011 Elite Pure
            2012 Elite Tour
            2012 Elite Pulse

Team S.O.B. Spot On Bowstrings

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandad did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Larry thanks for your help. I am at a stand still on messing with this bow until i get the new one piece grip installed this week. I am going to try a couple of different cam combos until i get the feel and speed i want. I will keep you posted how it turns out. I did change the mods to 29" and it felt better and did not feel long like the e-500 i had that was really long with a 29" mod. I also have black limbs coming so it will be all black very soon. You may want it back when i get finished.lol
              2014 E32 MAX 1
              2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS

Comment

007 I think you should give up on the project and sell me the energy.

j/k LOL
                2006 energy NVG 28.5draw 72lbs= silent death
                BRING BACK THE NVG

Comment

Everything has it's price. lol
                  2014 E32 MAX 1
                  2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS

Comment

Working...
                  X