X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-D Rest

Ok I am wondering what rest everyone is using for 3-D,I have never shot 3-D but my bow will be used for both 3-D and hunting I like the QAD. My old bow had a Whisker Biscuit which I liked but not very good for 3-D. I am thinking either the QAD or the Rip Cord any help.
    Led By Christ
    Elite Ninja Z-28
    Uncle Ted Supporter
    Maybee Archery Supporter

Both are good rests, but I have 2 hunting buddies that use them both, and they have both had some fletching contact problems. Probably depends on the set up though. I use a G5 Expert II on my GT 500 and I love it. I use it for hunting & 3D.
    Elite GT500, G5 XR Sight & Expert II Rest, Victory V Force Arrows, Blazer Vanes, Treelimb PS Quiver, Doinker 10 1/2" Stabilizer, Ranger Bow Strings, Pathfinder Arrow Wraps & Decals, Chameleon Slingz Bow Sling

Comment

The qad rest are good, I would stay away from the ripcord. I tend to like the limbdriver for 3d, it is hands down the most accurate drop away right now.
      I shoot what feels the best, who will make it this year??

Comment

Originally posted by Archery-Addiction View Post
        The qad rest are good, I would stay away from the ripcord. I tend to like the limbdriver for 3d, it is hands down the most accurate drop away right now.
        I agree. LD for 3/d I even cut down the launcher you wont need all the extra length of the ears.
        No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I'm hoping that the Limb Driver turns out to be the stuff! I just ordered one from Rattler. I don't know much about the QAD except that you need the Pro. More adjustments and stuff like that. I like the Ripcord for the most part, easy to set up. I just want to see what the fuss is about with the Ripcord.
          Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
          : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
          Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Comment

G5/DMI expert II is my choice for an all around rest !

I like the LD to, just not as much for hunting

my 2 cents
            Last edited by Arky1cam; 12-04-2008, 12:33 PM.
            Mountain Gunworks & Archery
            Elite Dealer
            Proline Strings
            BoCoMo slings

Comment

Originally posted by kydirtbag View Post
              I'm hoping that the Limb Driver turns out to be the stuff! I just ordered one from Rattler. I don't know much about the QAD except that you need the Pro. More adjustments and stuff like that. I like the Ripcord for the most part, easy to set up. I just want to see what the fuss is about with the Ripcord.
              LOL the fuss about Ripcord... used them for several years now, only time it failed on me is when I( as in me) didn't set the cord right(timing)Difficulty in setting up ?? lets see,you bolt it on(one lousy bolt,takes forever)follow the simple instruction to adjust the cord.cock the arm up,set you nocking point.move it sideways til it's set, do a walkback tuning thing,look back and think ,,,,,,,,,,,,,DANG ! that was easy. Why aren't the others that easy(as in setting you nocking point ??)Yes I am a fan of Ripcord,I've tried the others
              Bowhunting...Pure and simple

Comment

When I was getting into 3D and starting going to the pro/ams I tooked at what the pros were shooting. A large percentage of them are using blade type rest (trophy taker spring steels) and that's what I did. They are bullet proof and won't break down and the most consistent you can get.
                2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Limbdrivers are the stuff! IMO Best rest I'ved ever used!
                  2008 Elite Synergy XT and 2007 Synergy AT Edition
                  Limbdrivers on both
                  TrophyRidge sights
                  Gold Tip XT with Rage 2 blades

Comment

trophy taker spring steel. not much to go wrong with this one. remember murphys law, happens at every shoot to someone.
                    2006 energy NVG 28.5draw 72lbs= silent death
                    BRING BACK THE NVG

Comment

second pick if you are looking for a dual purpose rest is the G5 expert II super quiet and tough.
                      2006 energy NVG 28.5draw 72lbs= silent death
                      BRING BACK THE NVG

Comment

Working...
                      X