I tried FOBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried FOBs

I've been messing with FOBs in the basement. Paul sent me some as a giveaway and I promised I would give them an unbiased review. Out of respect for Elite, I'm not going to post a link to their website.
    They do just what is advertised as long as your setup has clearance. Mine did from the get-go. I tried shooting groups with them but my second shot broke the first FOB. I then went to 3 spot and they shoot just as well as my target arrows. I have them on Beman ICS hunters.
    I mistakenly hit my trigger on my release near full draw and sent an arrow into my heating duct. The arrow was fine and I found the FOB on the other side of the basement without a scratch. Not bad.

I will be using them next season for deer and I would try them for spots if they made some for my fat target arrows. I still like the way vanes look on an arrow but I like the idea of the arrow passing through an animal and having the FOB on the ground where the impact happened. I actually think these gizmo's have a place in our sport. I'm on the fence about 3D though for obvious reasons.

I almost forgot, Paul will help you with your setup to make sure you have the proper clearance. OH, only drop away rests can be use with these!
    Last edited by davel583; 01-18-2009, 06:37 PM. Reason: added more information.
    Beer Nuts are $1.69.....Deer nuts are still under a buck!
    Elite GTO

paul IS a great guy and does provide for plenty of help with his product, I am trying something new right now, saw a member here have good success wight thios set up, so giving it a whirl.
    08 GTO 27" Dl 70 LBS at ????

Comment

I heard Paul had a lighter redesigned FOB specifically for 3d or other target use. Haven't seen or heard anything about these for a while.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Comment

I love the idea but could not get them to clear my chin so I wound up mothballing them. I wish they would redesign them to move them farther down the shaft. The only knock I ever hear about them is the clearance from your face for a lot of us.
        Cardinals Fan
        Smallie Angler
        XLR 28.5/60 AT

Comment

Originally posted by gt500elitist View Post
          I heard Paul had a lighter redesigned FOB specifically for 3d or other target use. Haven't seen or heard anything about these for a while.
          That would be great!

I won a free pack of them over on hbh. I tried them with broadheads and had exceptional results. FOBS fly broadheads the best out of my bow.

And yes, Paul is an extremely nice guy to deal with!

Comment

Love the FOBS....So easy!
            Team "Go to Sleep"
            "You better be Cocked, Locked, and ready to rock Doc when the Beast may show his Vitals."-Uncle Ted

Comment

I use them for 3D especially when it is windy. The lack of crosswind drift is one of the most impressive things about the FOB. If you really want to see them in action, shoot them 40+ yards. That's when you see the most superior performance above all other fletchings. I've been shooting them for close to a year now and I really like them
              Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
              : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
              Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Comment

I gave FOB's a try too. I never could get them to fly with broadheads as well as blazers. I actually really wanted them to work out but couldn't. I tried all the tuning techniques I know and they just didn't work out. The noise and the feeling against my face were another turn off. I still have them and will try again, but for now there in the closet.

Comment

I also tried FOBS and i couldn't get used to them touching my face.I also had them hang up acouple of times on my face mask while i was practicing with them and i don't really want that happening while i'm shooting at an animal.Thats why mine are for sale i'll let someone else deal with it.
                  Trophy Blend Scents ProStaff

Comment

Originally posted by BROX View Post
                    I also tried FOBS and i couldn't get used to them touching my face.I also had them hang up acouple of times on my face mask while i was practicing with them and i don't really want that happening while i'm shooting at an animal.Thats why mine are for sale i'll let someone else deal with it.
                    how much?
                    08 GTO 27" Dl 70 LBS at ????

Comment

would like to give them a try this off-season....

Comment

been FOB'n it for over 5 years! love em!

Comment

I like Turbo nocks better... Especially for hunting... It's proven that a Turbo nock increases penetration over any other nock setup out there.

I honestly can't understand why fobs have the following they do...

Comment

Originally posted by MaddSkillz View Post
                            I like Turbo nocks better... Especially for hunting... It's proven that a Turbo nock increases penetration over any other nock setup out there.

I honestly can't understand why fobs have the following they do...
                            the same could be said about anything that someone shoots on their bow or even the bow itself. the longbow worked for thousands of years before compounds...why do compounds have the following they do? The answer is simple...the people that shoot them like them. It's not a right or wrong decision it's a matter of comfort. In short, if you don't like them...don't shoot them. No big deal! Archery is great and even if we don't always agree...We're all COOL and we enjoy the best sport of all.
                            Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
                            : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
                            Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Comment

use BLACK FOBS for 3D and they disappear on the target. Or do what I do and use Floursent green ones and Dare people to hit them. They usually DONT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X