Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Solo Cam era is nearing the end.....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is the Solo Cam era is nearing the end.....

    I ran a poll over on AT to see what the current trend of shooters choice on cams.
    My real question was how many still shot a single cam bows but the current results show that shooters are not going with single cam bows! (It is approx 2 to 1 !! ).
    My question is now,....What will happen to big fortune 500 companies that make only solo cam bows?

    What a great time for Elite to bust into the market with some high quality equipment!!


    Single cams vs Binary/Hybrid/Dual cams poll thread;

    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=584806
    XLR 60lb
    XLR 70lb
    Mathews Apex (sale pending)
    Hoyt Protec
    Suffer from BO-CD!

  • #2
    I think the single cam will be around as long as the other cams are around. What I mean is, some people shoot a single cam better than anything else, and Matthews only makes single cam bows. As long as Matthews is producing singles, we will always have the option. Matthews is not going anywhere, they do have a very loyal following, and probably sell more bows than anyone else. A poll would be inconclusive for the fact there are multitudes of manufacturers that do not offer singles, or maybe only one.

    I believe the dual cam/hybrid/binary cams will continue to evolve and run their course and we will see a "new" dual cam in the next couple of years that will be the "latest and greatest gotta have it" cam. I believe Elite will be (or is now) developing new cam styles that will up the performance factor even more, but the other manufacturers will too. It is all about R&D and giving the public what they want... or convincing them what they want.

    These are just my opinions, so remember how much it cost you while reading, and are based on my experience as an archer, and an Engineer that works in an evolving market.

    Michael
    Elite Archery Dealer
    Carbon Express Dealer
    Sword Accusite
    IDF4L

    Comment


    • #3
      I can see Mathews being like K Mart in the near future..............
      XLR 60lb
      XLR 70lb
      Mathews Apex (sale pending)
      Hoyt Protec
      Suffer from BO-CD!

      Comment


      • #4
        Didn't Elite just come out with a single cam called the Aigil? Mathews...K-mart? Trends come and go but I don't see reason why the single cam would become extinct.
        Elite Envy 29' 60#
        Elite GT500 29' 60#

        Comment


        • #5
          Elite's line up is close to the trends of what shooters are wanting, 1 single cam and three Binary cam bows.
          Looks like todays shooters are going away from single cam bows.........If 66% of the shooters are shooting Dual/Binary/Hybrid cam bows, what would you do as a company that offers only a single cam?
          XLR 60lb
          XLR 70lb
          Mathews Apex (sale pending)
          Hoyt Protec
          Suffer from BO-CD!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BAArcher View Post
            Elite's line up is close to the trends of what shooters are wanting, 1 single cam and three Binary cam bows.
            Looks like todays shooters are going away from single cam bows.........If 66% of the shooters are shooting Dual/Binary/Hybrid cam bows, what would you do as a company that offers only a single cam?
            As long as sales are solid, I would keep producing the solo cam. I don't think Matthews has much to worry about at this point in time. I do agree that Elite is smart to offer more than one cam choice. I would like to see a hybrid, and yes I know I am odd, but would like to see a dual cam with split yokes on each end too.

            Michael
            Elite Archery Dealer
            Carbon Express Dealer
            Sword Accusite
            IDF4L

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post
              As long as sales are solid, I would keep producing the solo cam. I don't think Matthews has much to worry about at this point in time. I do agree that Elite is smart to offer more than one cam choice. I would like to see a hybrid, and yes I know I am odd, but would like to see a dual cam with split yokes on each end too.

              Michael
              As a CEO of a large company, if you saw the trend of customers moving to a different product other than what you offered, what would you do?
              XLR 60lb
              XLR 70lb
              Mathews Apex (sale pending)
              Hoyt Protec
              Suffer from BO-CD!

              Comment


              • #8
                Fire my marketing department! J/K, I don't know for sure. I would first look at where the market is moving, then determine if it is a fad, or worth the investment of resources to develop a new product. I would not make a change based on one year of market change either. I think there are quite a few companies making a solo cam now, and that will push the development further due to competion. I am not convinced we have seen all that the solo is capable of... afterall, Elite just produced one.
                Elite Archery Dealer
                Carbon Express Dealer
                Sword Accusite
                IDF4L

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BAArcher View Post
                  I can see Mathews being like K Mart in the near future..............
                  Hey,, Did you know KMart just bought out Sears? lol THey are Big potatoes once again! lol
                  2012 Elite Answer

                  As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wonder what the Aigil would be like with a longer A to A? Single cams are still accurate bows.

                    TEXAS
                    2011 PURE MAX 1
                    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                    Elite Archery Pro Staff


                    Proud Member of the Texas Boys
                    BH and HTC Nashville

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BAArcher View Post
                      As a CEO of a large company, if you saw the trend of customers moving to a different product other than what you offered, what would you do?
                      We are sooo not privy to the sales numbers of Mathews. I'm sure they're watching the market and know it better than you and I. The thing they do up there for there staff shooters and pros they spend a silly amount of money on those things, that's a heck of a big party. Gave away a new truck and mules and dinners for hundreds of people. If they were so close to going under, as you're implying they wouldn't be doing stuff like that.

                      In a nutshell, there's as much chance as them going under than a short ata bow shooting better than a long ata.
                      2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                      Frequent Frankenbower

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
                        We are sooo not privy to the sales numbers of Mathews. I'm sure they're watching the market and know it better than you and I. The thing they do up there for there staff shooters and pros they spend a silly amount of money on those things, that's a heck of a big party. Gave away a new truck and mules and dinners for hundreds of people. If they were so close to going under, as you're implying they wouldn't be doing stuff like that.

                        In a nutshell, there's as much chance as them going under than a short ata bow shooting better than a long ata.
                        Not under, Mat is too smart! But a change in design......
                        Just remember....You saw it here first!
                        XLR 60lb
                        XLR 70lb
                        Mathews Apex (sale pending)
                        Hoyt Protec
                        Suffer from BO-CD!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                          I wonder what the Aigil would be like with a longer A to A? Single cams are still accurate bows.

                          TEXAS
                          If Kevin could tweak 310fps out of a Aigil built on a 36" XL riser with 8" of brace height, I would be interested.
                          XLR 60lb
                          XLR 70lb
                          Mathews Apex (sale pending)
                          Hoyt Protec
                          Suffer from BO-CD!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Fire my marketing department! J/K, I don't know for sure. I would first look at where the market is moving, then determine if it is a fad, or worth the investment of resources to develop a new product. I would not make a change based on one year of market change either. I think there are quite a few companies making a solo cam now, and that will push the development further due to competion. I am not convinced we have seen all that the solo is capable of... afterall, Elite just produced one.
                            1 single cam and 4 Binary cam models.........Close to the current market trend!
                            XLR 60lb
                            XLR 70lb
                            Mathews Apex (sale pending)
                            Hoyt Protec
                            Suffer from BO-CD!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BAArcher View Post
                              If Kevin could tweak 310fps out of a Aigil built on a 36" XL riser with 8" of brace height, I would be interested.
                              You ain't kidding there my friend. I always like the LX which was like 35 7/8 A to A but one that is faster with Barnsdale limbs....Can you say WOW!!!!!

                              TEXAS
                              2011 PURE MAX 1
                              2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                              Elite Archery Pro Staff


                              Proud Member of the Texas Boys
                              BH and HTC Nashville

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X