Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think about???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what do you think about???

    I was driving by our sportsmans center and saw that a guy had spike MAYBE max 4" spike hanging skinning it. now I know that all deer are trophies and all, but he made a comment that this was the smallest one that he has ever shot, so that means it wasnt his first deer. He shot it with a muzzleloader. I have never killed anything with a bow before, and I think even I would have a hard time shooting something this small. what do you guys think?

  • #2
    Originally posted by beanz2166 View Post
    I was driving by our sportsmans center and saw that a guy had spike MAYBE max 4" spike hanging skinning it. now I know that all deer are trophies and all, but he made a comment that this was the smallest one that he has ever shot, so that means it wasnt his first deer. He shot it with a muzzleloader. I have never killed anything with a bow before, and I think even I would have a hard time shooting something this small. what do you guys think?
    meat is meat my man, I am in to deer management, but some are in to getting meat and that is it.
    I shoot what feels the best, who will make it this year??

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah I agree, I dont know the whole story, but with all the people complaining about the quality of bucks in AZ I think they should do something. I heard this alot growing up in PA, and finally they made antler restrictions. Great move in my opinion.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by beanz2166 View Post
        I was driving by our sportsmans center and saw that a guy had spike MAYBE max 4" spike hanging skinning it. now I know that all deer are trophies and all, but he made a comment that this was the smallest one that he has ever shot, so that means it wasnt his first deer. He shot it with a muzzleloader. I have never killed anything with a bow before, and I think even I would have a hard time shooting something this small. what do you guys think?
        I think I am not going to be critical of a fellow hunter and what he legally shoots or doesn't shoot. This is a personal thing and we all make our own decisions.
        Peace,
        Bochim
        "We all are eternal spirits; and at the end of what we now see and experience, eternity begins, which is reality." SD Shaffer
        Extreme XL

        Comment


        • #5
          Not being critical, he was legal, the whole point of this thread is not to bash or start an arguement, just want to know peoples opinions.

          Comment


          • #6
            Can't eat the horns ,but they do look nice on the wall

            Comment


            • #7
              spikes are mighty good.... i'll pop one of them after a doe... but that's how my season goes now... i shoot my does, then my spike, then if i see one that's legal i'll kill my BUCk....but more times than not i don't.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by beanz2166 View Post
                I was driving by our sportsmans center and saw that a guy had spike MAYBE max 4" spike hanging skinning it. now I know that all deer are trophies and all, but he made a comment that this was the smallest one that he has ever shot, so that means it wasnt his first deer. He shot it with a muzzleloader. I have never killed anything with a bow before, and I think even I would have a hard time shooting something this small. what do you guys think?

                If he was happy with it, so be it If he has a doe tag and goes to fill it, he will for certain, see the biggest buck of his life
                DKMF

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by beanz2166 View Post
                  Not being critical, he was legal, the whole point of this thread is not to bash or start an arguement, just want to know peoples opinions.
                  I did not think you were, I was just giving my opinion
                  Bochim
                  "We all are eternal spirits; and at the end of what we now see and experience, eternity begins, which is reality." SD Shaffer
                  Extreme XL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For me I let the spikes go, I shoot does for meat. For this guy though a spike might have been all he had seen all year, to each his own.
                    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                    Frequent Frankenbower

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Heck in Texas we have so many deer that there is a special two week season at the end of the hunting year specifically for does and spikes. My son shot his first buck this year and it was a spike. One of the proudest moments of my life and the highlight to my season this year. If its legal and shoot one I have no problem with it.

                      TEXAS
                      2011 PURE MAX 1
                      2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                      2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
                      Elite Archery Pro Staff
                      Proud Member of the Texas Boys
                      BH and HTC Nashville

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                        Heck in Texas we have so many deer that there is a special two week season at the end of the hunting year specifically for does and spikes. My son shot his first buck this year and it was a spike. One of the proudest moments of my life and the highlight to my season this year. If its legal and shoot one I have no problem with it.

                        TEXAS
                        for a first deer and espically kids Im all for it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There are many who would love to split us up into groups who will only shoot 150 class and above, only 6 point and above, 4 point etc. If they can get us fighting among ourselves, some feeling superior to others because of what they kill we'll eventually loose our cherished priviledge of hunting. I know you wish I had said right, but the fact is hunters are in the minority. Anti-hunters are an even smaller minority. So you and I hunt at the will and pleasure of the majority who aren't hunters but also aren't anti-hunter. This makes this thing we all love to do a priviledge. We need to do it responsibly and refrain from fighting among ourselves. I know you said you aren't judging but you have expressed enough of your rationale to make it clear you are. Please don't.
                          Dave Nowlin
                          Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
                          In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
                          LimbDriver Pro Staff
                          2006 Suzuki King Quad
                          If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            With my limited hunting time, I would take a spike to fill the freezer......
                            XLR 60lb
                            XLR 70lb
                            Mathews Apex (sale pending)
                            Hoyt Protec
                            Suffer from BO-CD!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Heck, in Tennessee, a 3 doe a day rule here,,,, That includes those Lil bitty bucks with tiny antlers you can hardly see,, lol
                              2012 Elite Answer

                              As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X