452X string material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 452X string material

Whats everyones opinion on this material?
    I have heard that it is not the most stable material out there?
    I for one cant stand peep rotation........Once upon a time I was using 8125 material from a custom string builder and everytime the temp/humidity changed there went the peep.
    I am told one HAS to use 452X material on the Elites.....
    Just how rock solid is the material?
    I live in Wisconsin......it can be zero degrees or 90 and humid....and I dont want to be always fighting my peep.
    So whats the word?

My coach

Coach Archery legend that knows his stuff. Good friend who is a top pro.

Use 452X and Halo serving.

Take it for what its worth. This is what he recommended years ago.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

since using 452X i've never had trouble with peep rotation.even hunting in january in pa.
      hoyt alphamax 32 bone collector edition
      limbdriver
      trophyridge firewire
      carbon express maxima hunter 350

Comment

ttt

on the new elites its all you can use..
        John's Custom Archery LLC(Custom Strings and Tuning)

Comment

never had a problem with 452x
          Darn Mosquitos
          08 Pse X-Force Dream Season
          spott hogg hoggit, quad hd pro, gold tip, rage 2 blade
          09 AT Z28
          spot hogg hoggit,limbdriver, gold tip

Comment

I Love my 452x strings!

Comment

452x is a perfect choice, from my experience if you shoot 450+ material it will slow your bow plus beat your bow to death! I personally shoot 50-100 shots a day 5-6 days a week and compete every Sunday using Stage 1 strings and they are 452x. And I also have the same weather conditions and have NO problems with 452x it works!!
              Elite Archery Pro Staff
              Stage 1 Pro Staff
              VaporTrail Limbdriver Prostaff
              Get Kids Involved!!!

Comment

452X is the best material I have ever used, settles really fast, stays put, peep sits straight and pulls back straight.
                Andy
                Elite Answer
                Element RKT
                Omen

Comment

Moderators.............go ahead and lock the thread.
                  I have thought it over and I didnt start the thread to pick on Elites policy with string choice. And when a certain person sees this thread I have a feeling it will be taken as so.
                  Although I am skeptical to the real reasons why my string choice isnt "right".....I will figure out how to get both my bows reset up with the correct string as soon as I can get the cash to buy two setups without the wife..........

And this 452X better be as good ....if not better than what Im using!
                  As I have been using it for quite awhile with nothing short of perfection!

Comment

"without the wife..."

Know that feeling
                    2006 "Old Gramps" Energy (with Rev transplant)
                    2007 Synergy "Terminator"
                    2008 XXL "Spot Killer"
                    2009 GT50O "Foam Hunter"

Comment

452x is the best material I have used from BCY and I have used them all!

If the strings are built correctly they will not move! Take it to the bank!

Comment

I heard 452x originated due to the Texas climate conditions. A string material was needed that wouldnt stretch in the heat due to the hot temperatures thus 452x was born. I do not know if this is truth or not but do know the 452x will not stretch like the 8125. All of my custom strings are 452x and I have never had a problem with stretch or peep rotation.
                        Goldtip Pro Staff
                        B2Bowstrings Pro Staff
                        Elite Pro Staff
                        2013 Elite Pure
                        2014 Elite Energy 35 black
                        2014 Elite Energy 35 Target red
                        2014 Elite Energy 32

Comment

see TEXAS is a reason for good things to originate from!

but the heat does suck sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by ba3darcher View Post
                            I heard 452x originated due to the Texas climate conditions. A string material was needed that wouldnt stretch in the heat due to the hot temperatures thus 452x was born. I do not know if this is truth or not but do know the 452x will not stretch like the 8125. All of my custom strings are 452x and I have never had a problem with stretch or peep rotation.
                            LOL. Having grown up bowhunting in Texas and now having completed my first full season in California, I can tell you there is no comparison heat wise. We start in July for deer and it was 105+ on many of those days. By the way, no problem with 452x here. It is the best overall so far.
                            Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

Working...
                            X