Shooting With A Verifier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting With A Verifier

Okay, my eyeballs are old (not me, just the eyeballs...) and so when we went to Vegas, I stopped by the Specialty Archery booth over in the trade show. I checked out the verifiers there and wound up purchasing one (the #6, 1/8").

When I got it home, I installed it in my Z28 and could not believe I could actually see my pins!!

However, the more I shoot with it in, the more I begin to see double, or two targets.

For you guys that shoot with verifiers, have you had this problem? Will it go away the more I shoot it, or am I doing something wrong? Do I need to shelf the verifier?

The thing is, I really like it, until I begin to see two targets downrange.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Are you shooting with both eyes open? This could cause it because your left eye is seeing the target differently. I know if I;m looking thru the frames of my glasses I get a double target. I have to let down & adjust them .
    Life should be measured by how many selfless acts of kindness someone does to positively influence somebody else's life.

Gt500,Bodoodle,Bstinger,
    Easton fatboys, 28" DL, 53lbs

Comment

I been thinking about buying a verifier

could you tell me

before the double vision started

how did the target picture look beyond the pins

I mean, could you see down range good?
      Aim Hard & Jerk Fast>>>-------------->X

Comment

The target downrange looks pretty sharp, but I'm aware that one eye (the peep eye) see's the target slightly fuzzy.

It seems the more I concentrate on where my arrow is going to hit, the worse the double vision manifests itself.

I've notice that in dim light the double vision is bad as it is under fourescent lights.

I'm hoping this will all go away with more experience, because my shooting has degenerated along with my inability to see the pins clearly. When the double vision does not present itself, I'm back to shooting quite well.

Lately, my 60 and 70 yard groups have opened up to about 6 or 7 inches because I havent been able to see my pins clearly.

I was hoping you guys could offer some advise.

Originally posted by The Hood View Post
        I been thinking about buying a verifier

could you tell me

before the double vision started

how did the target picture look beyond the pins

I mean, could you see down range good?
        Last edited by coloradodave; 02-13-2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Yes, I always shoot with both eyes open. When I first started shooting a bow, I only used one eye, but over the years I have learned that I shoot WAY better with both eyes open (at least until now).

Originally posted by Ray Ray View Post
          Are you shooting with both eyes open? This could cause it because your left eye is seeing the target differently. I know if I;m looking thru the frames of my glasses I get a double target. I have to let down & adjust them .

Comment

I am near sighted, corrected with glasses, but the condition would probable be considered far sighted because of my inability to adjust my vision to see close-up (the pins). I have no problem seeing clearly in the distance (target).

Comment

colorado dave,

is your peep eye your dominant eye?
              Elite XLR AT Edition

Comment

Yes it is.

Originally posted by stoley View Post
                colorado dave,

is your peep eye your dominant eye?

Comment

Maybe since my dominant eye no longer sees the concentrated on spot clearly, dominance shifts to the eye that is seeing the target clearly?

My wife is alway telling me "you aint right"...

Comment

Call Mike Andersen at SA and talk with, He's always willing to talk and explain things and give pointer,,,I been calling him since he was 17,,I've know him along time

Hood
                    Aim Hard & Jerk Fast>>>-------------->X

Comment

I had the same experience. I had to shoot it with one eye. I could never get the double or blurry to go away with both eyes open.

I gave up and got bigger pins...
                      Hurry, before we come to our senses...

Comment

I shoot with one eye open and never had a problem seeing double. I also hunt with the same setup
                        Twin Oaks Archery Range VA
                        2013 Nija Hunter
                        2009 GT 500 Reverse AP
                        2009 GT 500 Black and Carbon Fiber
                        Home Brewer of fine Ale

Comment

Working...
                        X