Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elite Low-Brace Speed Bow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elite Low-Brace Speed Bow

    I know I've asked similar questions to this before but has it been completely ruled out for this model year? Or are we playing a game with Mathews and PSE?

  • #2
    My thoughts

    I doubt Elite gives Mathews or PSE thought when designing bows.

    I think Kevins designs are trying to give you maximum speed without sacrificing accuracy. There are limits.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

    Comment


    • #3
      just for fun they should make a 6in bow... just to show them up... then market it as just a pure speed bow.. special order only... with month wait time...
      8.5 z28 70lb 28.5in on the nuts, CTT custom strings..
      cx maxima 350 380gr / rage/ grim reaper...
      sure loc lethal / anchor sight...
      299fps loaded.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
        I doubt Elite gives Mathews or PSE thought when designing bows.

        I think Kevins designs are trying to give you maximum speed without sacrificing accuracy. There are limits.
        DB
        There has never been a more WRONG statement....there are NO limits! If we limit ourselves we would still be shooting a stick of osage and sinew!

        Comment


        • #5
          there maybe limits with CURRENT technology. alot of people said a few years back that 300fps + would be tuff to achieve. look where we are at, almost every company has a bow out that will do 340. new developements are made everyday, don't limit yourself to yesterday.

          i for one would love to see a pure speed bow from elite. 6 inch brace height and all, because we know they are not shootable
          Precision Archery
          Spicer, Minnesota
          320-796-HUNT
          www.precisionarchery.net

          Comment


          • #6
            There are limits

            Originally posted by Rattler View Post
            There has never been a more WRONG statement....there are NO limits! If we limit ourselves we would still be shooting a stick of osage and sinew!
            Most will tell you that. Atleast limits that one can manufactuer safely.
            DB
            OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

            Comment


            • #7
              The GT500 gets a 346 IBO with a 7 inch brace height. If they dropped it down to a six inch brace height it be around 355 and 5 inches of brace height would get around 365 and an amputated wrist!

              Ill stick with my Z28!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KsBowMan620 View Post
                The GT500 gets a 346 IBO with a 7 inch brace height. If they dropped it down to a six inch brace height it be around 355 and 5 inches of brace height would get around 365 and an amputated wrist!

                Ill stick with my Z28!
                you are probably pretty close with that statement, but that is todays tecnology that you know of. gotta move forward.
                Precision Archery
                Spicer, Minnesota
                320-796-HUNT
                www.precisionarchery.net

                Comment


                • #9
                  Exactly

                  Originally posted by KsBowMan620 View Post
                  The GT500 gets a 346 IBO with a 7 inch brace height. If they dropped it down to a six inch brace height it be around 355 and 5 inches of brace height would get around 365 and an amputated wrist!

                  Ill stick with my Z28!
                  7" inch works for me. Dont want no 6" bruise on my arm.
                  DB
                  OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KsBowMan620 View Post
                    The GT500 gets a 346 IBO with a 7 inch brace height. If they dropped it down to a six inch brace height it be around 355 and 5 inches of brace height would get around 365 and an amputated wrist!

                    Ill stick with my Z28!

                    the rev cam seems to get better speeds in the longer lengths.. i would bet a 6in brace bow will hit close to 360....
                    8.5 z28 70lb 28.5in on the nuts, CTT custom strings..
                    cx maxima 350 380gr / rage/ grim reaper...
                    sure loc lethal / anchor sight...
                    299fps loaded.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why

                      Originally posted by ctious View Post
                      the rev cam seems to get better speeds in the longer lengths.. i would bet a 6in brace bow will hit close to 360....

                      Am I picturing someone with a carbon arrow in there arm
                      DB
                      OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
                        Am I picturing someone with a carbon arrow in there arm
                        DB

                        well we are not going to shoot it...lol.... its for all those speed freaks out there..lol
                        8.5 z28 70lb 28.5in on the nuts, CTT custom strings..
                        cx maxima 350 380gr / rage/ grim reaper...
                        sure loc lethal / anchor sight...
                        299fps loaded.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
                          Am I picturing someone with a carbon arrow in there arm
                          DB
                          you are right db, lets just stay where we are at with the bows of today. they don't need to be any better than they already are. good enough, thanks Kevin for all you have done. please don't make anything new for us


                          if you guys don't want a 6" bow, don't buy one. but there are plenty of guys asking for one. speaking of that, how many x-forces, katera's or reezens do you think have been sold? probably not to many?
                          Precision Archery
                          Spicer, Minnesota
                          320-796-HUNT
                          www.precisionarchery.net

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Speed freaks

                            Originally posted by cbarber View Post
                            you are right db, lets just stay where we are at with the bows of today. they don't need to be any better than they already are. good enough, thanks Kevin for all you have done. please don't make anything new for us


                            if you guys don't want a 6" bow, don't buy one. but there are plenty of guys asking for one. speaking of that, how many x-forces, katera's or reezens do you think have been sold? probably not to many?
                            Some feel the need for speed. Go for it. Im told old to chase the speed game. Now if I read where you guys limbs explode or the arrow go through the arm. Ill say gosh darn it that hurts.
                            DB
                            OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
                              Some feel the need for speed. Go for it. Im told old to chase the speed game. Now if I read where you guys limbs explode or the arrow go through the arm. Ill say gosh darn it that hurts.
                              DB
                              i will probably say it hurts to.......... if it happens
                              Precision Archery
                              Spicer, Minnesota
                              320-796-HUNT
                              www.precisionarchery.net

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X