Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shot the Monster... NOT impressed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shot the Monster... NOT impressed

    All I can say is the only thing "Monster" about it is the draw cycle. The bow was set at around 70lbs and it pulled like a fridge in quicksand. The first half of the pull was great, but the last half you kind of had to "pop" it into the valley. The one positive I will say is that it did hold nice at full draw and there was little to no hand shock.

    Of course it was fast and all that jazz, but seriously why sacrifice the draw cycle. I'm not that small of a guy and it gave me troubles to where it was not comfortable. I can shoot my new Z at 73 lbs for 70 shots with no break and it's still easier than one pull with the Matthews. Not worth the money at all IMO.

    What do you guys think who have shot it? Just another reason for me to be glad i'm holding an Elite.

  • #2
    If you have trouble pulling it that's saying something! The speeds look good on paper but I agree the z is plenty fast and super smooth, hope mine comes in soon!

    Comment


    • #3
      The MONSTER is a SPEED BOW...Where do you think the speed comes from ???

      You have to sacrifice something in order to get the IBO's the bow companies are claiming...I shot the Omen...Smooth..YES...But still a tug in the draw cycle...Would I want to shoot it 70 times for my indoor league...No thanks !!!

      Is it good for hunting or 3D where you take a shot, then a walk...Absolutely...Plus with those speeds range estimation on the 3D course is not as critical.

      That is why they make bows for every taste...

      Comment


      • #4
        just the opposite here

        I shot the beast a couple of times and I was pleasantly surprised by it. Your right on the money about the little hump at the back of the draw...but to get 339 fps at 29" with a peep and loop(70/351), it's gonna have to build it somewhere.

        No handshock, no jump, shockingly quiet and a good valley was what I was impressed with. I set it to 60 lbs and really felt I could shoot it well with little problems. I actually would buy it before the Reeson, that bow didn't feel right to me at all.

        As Stucka said, it IS a speed bow, your gonna have to sacrifice something to get 360 fps out of a bow....but I think they may have a winner there.

        At least they came out with something other than the Drenalin #5 or whatever they want to call last years/new bow.

        No bias here, just my opinion...
        Strother SR71
        Scentlok staff
        Sword sights

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stuka1166 View Post
          The MONSTER is a SPEED BOW...Where do you think the speed comes from ???


          That is a very astute observation...thank you. All he was saying is that the draw cycle is not great, that's to be expected but his point was why do you need it. Look at some bow specs, compared to most the GT500 and Z28 would be considered SPEED BOWS...but still have great brace height and draw cycles.

          Comment


          • #6
            Monster

            Shot it, don't like it. When I can get a smoother drawing bow with very little hand shock and respectable speeds to boot. I'll take the Elites! JMO

            Comment


            • #7
              Here is my view on the Monster. I own an XLR and love it.....Not looking to replace it anytime soon.

              BUT.....I was at my dealer yesterday and they had a Monster in there. So of course i grabbed it and shot some arrows through it. I was actually very impressed. I used to shoot the X Force and this was every bit as good. I thought the draw was very managable. Little to no vibration or jump. Looks pretty cool to.

              But after I shot it......We picked up my buddies new Z28.
              2009 Elite XLR "NINJA" 28/60
              2008.5 Elite Z28 "NINJA" 28/70

              WWW.ARROWBUCKET.COM

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zach View Post
                That is a very astute observation...thank you. All he was saying is that the draw cycle is not great, that's to be expected but his point was why do you need it. Look at some bow specs, compared to most the GT500 and Z28 would be considered SPEED BOWS...but still have great brace height and draw cycles.
                Ding Ding !! We have a winner... The Monster gets it's speed from the BH... The draw cycle doesn't have to suck so much (Based on feedback, I've have yet to shoot one) ...take a "Z" down to a 6" BH and what kinda speeds would you have? Yep very close to a Monster and still the sweet draw cycle

                I'd better be careful the Mathews fan boy plants are going to show up and flame me ...


                Element
                Tommy Hogg- TTFC- Tight Spot Quiver

                Gut Piles Make Me Happy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mathews Fanboys ?

                  So your saying if a new bow comes out, some of shoot it and like it...then we're FANBOYS ? How open-minded of you...

                  I also shot a Sentinal that same night, it shot pretty nice too, am I a Bowtech fanboy too???

                  And I beg to differ, if the Z could be shortened to make a speed bow, then it would have been done. It takes a little more than just shortening the brace, I agree that is one component, but not the do-all done that of bow engineering.
                  Strother SR71
                  Scentlok staff
                  Sword sights

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stixshooter View Post
                    Ding Ding !! We have a winner... The Monster gets it's speed from the BH... The draw cycle doesn't have to suck so much (Based on feedback, I've have yet to shoot one) ...take a "Z" down to a 6" BH and what kinda speeds would you have? Yep very close to a Monster and still the sweet draw cycle

                    I'd better be careful the Mathews fan boy plants are going to show up and flame me ...

                    I don't understand why it always has to do with brace height with you. and more than bh plays into speed. you can't just chop limbs off and increase your power stroke. cams,limbs and risers all play a part of it.

                    for the sake of arguement, would the draw still suck on the monster(based on you, baseing off others) if it was offered in a 7"bh version?
                    Precision Archery
                    Spicer, Minnesota
                    320-796-HUNT
                    www.precisionarchery.net

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cbarber View Post
                      I don't understand why it always has to do with brace height with you. and more than bh plays into speed. you can't just chop limbs off and increase your power stroke. cams,limbs and risers all play a part of it.

                      for the sake of arguement, would the draw still suck on the monster(based on you, baseing off others) if it was offered in a 7"bh version?
                      I don't see how BH effects draw curve?

                      Element
                      Tommy Hogg- TTFC- Tight Spot Quiver

                      Gut Piles Make Me Happy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rattlinman View Post
                        So your saying if a new bow comes out, some of shoot it and like it...then we're FANBOYS ? How open-minded of you...

                        I also shot a Sentinal that same night, it shot pretty nice too, am I a Bowtech fanboy too???

                        And I beg to differ, if the Z could be shortened to make a speed bow, then it would have been done. It takes a little more than just shortening the brace, I agree that is one component, but not the do-all done that of bow engineering.

                        I shoot all kinds of bows ... just shot a Reezen and an Admiral the other day it's just the certain crowd that can't quite let go...

                        The Z is a speed bow ... What do you want !!???

                        Kevin could easily do it if he had wanted too ... (That is make a shorty BH bow) He's done it before... several times


                        I give up .....

                        Element
                        Tommy Hogg- TTFC- Tight Spot Quiver

                        Gut Piles Make Me Happy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would love to get to shoot the monster, I bet its awesome

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stixshooter View Post
                            I don't see how BH effects draw curve?
                            Well G-whiz, you think maybe thats why the XLR draws smoother than the GT500 ? They have the same cam....so it can't be there, right ?

                            I know...it's magic !!
                            Strother SR71
                            Scentlok staff
                            Sword sights

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rattlinman View Post
                              Well G-whiz, you think maybe thats why the XLR draws smoother than the GT500 ? They have the same cam....so it can't be there, right ?

                              I know...it's magic !!
                              You have got to be kidding me ....

                              Element
                              Tommy Hogg- TTFC- Tight Spot Quiver

                              Gut Piles Make Me Happy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X