X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Elite Bow

Hi im from South Africa,where Elite bows are pretty unknown.So I took a chance and bought a bow that had no track record in SA at all. I have now been shooting it for a month and am pleasantly surprised. A powerhouse that is still quiet and forgiving. Im shooting my synergy at 74 pounds with a 500gr Goldtip Big Game 100+ arrow delivering 85f/pnds. Any comments

Yeah I got some comments,

GO SHOOT A CAPE BUFFALO!!!

Man, how does a guy get to live right smack in hunting paradise? Maybe someday I can come see you and we can go on SAFARI

Seriously though,Nice bow.........Let us know what it does to some of those African trophies. Sounds like the perfect setup.
    70 lb GTO Limited Edition and not for sale
    50 lb FIRE same as above

Comment

You have a SMACK HAPPY setup friend! You should be able to deliver some major damage to many animals!

Comment

Congrats on your new bow. You've got one of the best built bows on the market! If at all possible we would love to see pics of your kills with your Elite bow, when you get them. Shoot a white rhino for me!
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Tough Antler Tees Custom T-shirts, Hoodies, Camo, & Hats
        +++ My IBO speed for shipping is 390-400 FPS!
        New Revamped Website coming soon!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

New Bow

The Synergy is a great bow. Man what a place to test it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tough Antler Tees View Post
            Congrats on your new bow. You've got one of the best built bows on the market! If at all possible we would love to see pics of your kills with your Elite bow, when you get them. Shoot a white rhino for me!
            Hey,I want to shoot one of those too! Is that a new species? Where do we go?
            70 lb GTO Limited Edition and not for sale
            50 lb FIRE same as above

Comment

Thanks for all the quick replies, I quicky ran outside(the lightie wanted me to push him on the swing) Came back and already 5 replies. Thanks. I will definately show you guys the game I harvested with my Elite. Our hunting season only starts in a couple of months, but I,m trying to find someone that need to cull. I normally shoot Zwickies(ha,ha my dog is also called Zwicky),but dont like shooting 2 bladers faster than 260f/s any ideas on broadheads??
              Last edited by Zwickey; 01-12-2008, 12:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

That must be a male rhino,aslo very scares, as i have only ever seen cows. lol

Comment

I have had good luck with Steel Force Premiums in four blade, shooting a 420 grain arrow out of my synergy. They hit with my field points and they have a very low angle on the main blades. I get incredible penetration on elk with them. I have had pass-throughs on four of the five elk I have shot with them. The only one that didn't, I hit the scapula and then centered a rib. I still got about twenty inches of penetration. I also used zwickeys, great head, but it got to be too time consuming getting them tuned in to shoot perfect. I did like how easy the zwickeys were to get sharp... Steel Force are just a whole lot sharper to start with. I have shot alot of other heads that I thought were good, but I have complete confidence in the Steel Force and would use them on any animal that requires alot of penetration.
                  Monty

Comment

Got a guy that's bought 4 Elites from me. Willie Pelser from S.A.. Is picking up a 100 # Synergy, and for his dad, a 80# GTO. He's going to shoot Carbon Tech Safari's (15.5 gp.) and his dad 65/80 Rhinos. O N E day I'm gonna make that trip.

Comment

Thanks Wapiti for the advise I.ll will have a look at the steel Force broadheads.

Comment

The problem with most South African outfitters are that they see Dollar signs when they think of American clients. There are alot of smaller outfitters that profide cheeper rates. In the region of about $4000 dollars including fleight, accommadation and 3 animals, but have been out of bowhunting management for a while, so would have to find out what the situation is. I was the president of SABA( SA bowhunters *** for a coupe of years) Enjoy my hunting now and the working for bowhunting anymore. We had some issues with legislation last year, but most of is is sorted.

Comment

Sounds like a great bow for you Zwickey.
                          That is a great price for a Africa hunt, if it includes airfare.
                          Id look at Silverflame Broadheads, Dugga Boy here on EAF makes them in Germany, they are the highest quality head made. Wicked sharp, they were designed originally for african big game.
                          Looking forward to pics from you.

Comment

Congratulations on a great bow, Zwickey. Looking forward to seeing the photos of the animals you harvest.
                            2009 AT GT500
                            2008 Red Fire
                            2005 Allegiance

www.selectarchery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zwickey View Post
                              Thanks for all the quick replies, I quicky ran outside(the lightie wanted me to push him on the swing) Came back and already 5 replies. Thanks. I will definately show you guys the game I harvested with my Elite. Our hunting season only starts in a couple of months, but I,m trying to find someone that need to cull. I normally shoot Zwickies(ha,ha my dog is also called Zwicky),but dont like shooting 2 bladers faster than 260f/s any ideas on broadheads??
                              I think the best Broadheads are the Silver Flames from German Kinetics (Dugga Boy)
                              Last edited by Wood; 01-13-2008, 12:55 AM. Reason: Miss spelled
                              God is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X