X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One pin

Just woundering if your bow shoot 280fps, had one pin. How far out will one pin shoot dead on?

Im getting 290 with my setup and my first pin is set at 30yds. The difference from 10 to 30 is about 2 or 3 inches on the target.

Comment

I plugged my bow/arrow into OnTarget with a speed of 280fps. I set it like I do for my one pin slider with a zero at 27yrds.

Set at 27yrd you will have a 5.09" window out to 32yrds. That is the highest trajectory and lowest trajectory at that range.

Thus,
      You will be dead on where you aim at 7yrd(arrow on way up) and at 27yrd(arrow on way down).
      You will be highest at 17yrd with your arrow hitting 2.24" high
      You will be lowest at 32yrd with your arrow hitting 2.85" low

I shoot about 295fps for hunting with this setting so my window is a little smaller but I still try to aim low at 20yrd and high at 32-35. Otherwise, I aim dead on. If I aimed for the dead center of the vitals I would be OK without hold over/under but that doesn't allow much room for error.

Here's a chart kind of showing the trajectory. It can be done for any zero and this is the 27yrd zero. The number at the 30yrd mark is the drop in inches at 30.
      2009 Hoyt Alpha Max 35.....yes I'm a traitor and got rid of the GT500.
      2006 Hoyt Vulcan(my killing machine)

Comment

My bow is shooting 287 and with my first pin I can shoot from 5 yards to 23 yards holding dead on. Now if you are 12 hunting then you gain some by holding on the top of the 12, two more yards. So I guess it depends on what you mean by dead on, to some it means a 3 in center but to others it means dead on.
        2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
        Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Lets say it the right way. One pin from, say 10 yards to how far out to within 1 or 2 in drop.

Comment

280fps(again with my arrow) zero at 20yrd will get you .51" high at 14yrd and exactly 2" low at 25yrds
            2009 Hoyt Alpha Max 35.....yes I'm a traitor and got rid of the GT500.
            2006 Hoyt Vulcan(my killing machine)

Comment

Its been my experience that any speed over 290 you can use one pin out to 30yrds.
              My GTO slings em 305. Sighted at 20, it drops about 1.5 inches at 30.

Comment

Originally posted by psedeerhunter View Post
                Lets say it the right way. One pin from, say 10 yards to how far out to within 1 or 2 in drop.
                When I shot hunter class in pro/ams I had my first pin at 25. I could hold on the bottom of the 12 at 20 yards and still hit the top of the 12. I could hold on the top of the 12 at 27 yards and hit the bottom of the 12. Speeds were around 284.
                2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Working...
                X