No announcement yet.

Who hunts with gloves on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of stumbled onto the same thing. I put some gloves on and did some shooting last year. I found that I shoot the same with or withot gloves.
    Gripwerks Staff Shooter

E-500
    E-Force
    Alien X
    Sentinel
    Captain
    Energy
    BT Allegiance

Comment

Gloves

For hunting in the winter I have to wear gloves. In the summer for competition I wear real thin ones. I dont like the ones with any rubber or gripping material. I like when I pull back the bow allways slides into my anchor point.
      2-E-Force Fall Camo
      1-E-500 Fall Camo
      08-Aigil Fall Camo
      09- GT-500 AP Camo
      09-Z-28 AP Camo

Comment

Depends on the day, but I practice with and without gloves on to be ready.
        Gripwerks Staff Shooter

E-500
        E-Force
        Alien X
        Sentinel
        Captain
        Energy
        BT Allegiance

Comment

I always use cheap cotton gloves, $3 or $4 a pair. Primarily to camo my hands as I hunt from the ground but they also have the benefit of making it hard to grip the bow. I used to shoot fingers and used them as a shooting glove, better at letting the string slip away than any glove I ever had. They didn't last too long without wearing through on the string, esp. w/ a brass nock, but generally got through fall practice and hunting season. When it gets cold I slip some fleece gloves over the top.
          Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
          me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
          traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Comment

gloves

I have gloves on when it gets cold the thin walmart stretchey gloves.I can still feel the release ok,and shoot fine

Comment

I always wear gloves.. when it's warm I wear the Under Armour thin gloves and now just picked up some "release" gloves for the cold and really like them.
              2009 Elite GT500
              2010 Elite JUDGE
              K&K Vengeance

Comment

I always wear gloves. When it is worm I wear a pair of thin scent blocker gloves and when it gets cold I wear a pair of polypropylene liners under the scent blocker gloves. I have not had any problems with either combination.

Comment

release glove

just 1 more, what is release gloves? where can you get them? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eforcer View Post
                    just 1 more, what is release gloves? where can you get them? thanks!
                    gloves that have a hole so the release can go through before the cuff of the glove goes around your wrist

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...082&hasJS=true
                    2009 Elite GT500
                    2010 Elite JUDGE
                    K&K Vengeance

Comment

OOpps.. I have the Stalkers,, not the Rangers

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0046903960432a
                      2009 Elite GT500
                      2010 Elite JUDGE
                      K&K Vengeance

Comment

Personally, cold stiff fingers affect me more than gloves - I have a thin pair of fleece bowhunter gloves and that's usually enough. If it's cold enough, I have a thin pair of Under Armor liner gloves that I put underneath. I can't stand cold hands - years of trying to stay warm in a treestand I guess.

Comment

If it's real cold.. I also use the Ice Breaker muff with handwarmers inside.. There's nothing like a nice warm muff
                          2009 Elite GT500
                          2010 Elite JUDGE
                          K&K Vengeance

Comment

Working...
                          X