GT 500 takes 2nd at a MT Pleasant UT Smoker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT 500 takes 2nd at a MT Pleasant UT Smoker

Well Me and my GT500 took 2nd out of 100 shooters in a 10 target smoker round. I even walked off with my arrow in perfect condition. I shot 5 8's, 1 5 and 4 10's.. the 5 was on a turkey and I shot at the gold on the wing thinking it was some left over orange paint or something.. No rangefinders or optics were allowed.
    My score was 85/100 and the winner was 87. The next closest guy was 79. then 76,72,68
    IT was 10$ with 70% payback so the purse was 112 which payed for the trip plus some.
    Folks were allowed to shoot reenter and go for another pot of money. I should have done that as the scores were 87, 83, 82 ,74,73, 66. They payed out entree fees for the top 13 places. My buddy and I would have most likely been able to be up in the top 5 after knowing the yardages better. My buddy who actually judges yardage better than I but had a 240 fps bow??? dont ask. He judges the 3rd target stegosaurus for 42 and it was 38 and he shot over into a culvert. he was able to get 2 more 10's with that arrow before his high arching arrow hit a branch on the 42 yd javelina and busted up.
    MY GT500 bow is named NockCracker. my Hunting rig a GT-500 60# 29" G1 Camo, Spot-hogg 5 pin , Limb driver, B-stinger 12" 11 oz, GTul 400's ,295 FPS- 350- Gr or "Stealth" My Camo XLR 29" 54# Spot bow officially out of shake down testing..PASSED!! shot my first 300 VEGAS BABY and my 2nd in the same day..

Good shooting

Glad to hear you did well.

Way to represent Elite. These bows will shoot.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

Congrats on some fine shooting!!

Don't know much about target shooting but I do know it's fun. I've shot 3 separate 3-D tourneys since I got my GT500 and have not shot under 200 in any of them. Had to go for the 14 in my last tourney on the last target at unknown to stay in the game with my group (and pinwheeled it). Lost by 2 pts to one of them and 6 to the other! They were hot that day!
      Live Life.....BOWLIFE!!!

Comment

Good shooting! Now if your buddy had shot my GT, 38-42yd. is same as a solid 10. It doesnt know you cant hit it being just a couple yards off. LOL!
        Guys ask all the time what did you hold? I say about three pins. HeHe! "I dont but they dont know."
        No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Dad, a smoker round is where you enter the 3D course with only 1 arrow. It is always unmarked and no rangefinders allowed. Sometimes no optics as some folks cheat and range based on the focus knob. You can take fletchings/ tips/nocks/glue and continue to shoot your arrow until it is unshootable.
          Obstacles are very common and you have to touch the stake. Shots over and in front of rocks are a normal trick. Using the terrain to mess you up on yardage is used extensively. Normally it is a 10 target ordeal and usually a club member walks through with the shooters to make sure they rotate and score correctly.!!! wink!! I like that part very much. There is usually an iron maiden deer target on one of the last three targets.
          MY GT500 bow is named NockCracker. my Hunting rig a GT-500 60# 29" G1 Camo, Spot-hogg 5 pin , Limb driver, B-stinger 12" 11 oz, GTul 400's ,295 FPS- 350- Gr or "Stealth" My Camo XLR 29" 54# Spot bow officially out of shake down testing..PASSED!! shot my first 300 VEGAS BABY and my 2nd in the same day..

Comment

Working...
          X